Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 04:09
    Originally posted by @zahlanzi
    https://www.myajc.com/blog/get-schooled/gunfights-trained-officers-have-percent-hit-rate-yet-want-arm-teachers/mDBlhDtV6Na4wJVpeu58cM/

"The New York Police Department is the nation’s largest police force and among the best trained, yet its own study showed between 1998 and 2006, the average hit rate was 18 percent for officers in a gunfight."

Mrs S ...[text shortened]... gnore that study, it doesn't teaches you anything. Everybody knows the good guy with a gun axiom
    zahlanzi, who has the best chance at a shot:

A/ Someone immediately on the scene.
    B/ The world number one marksman, in a car, 15 miles away.

zahlanzi logic 🙄
  2. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 05:18
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    Damn man...why are liberals so angry and violent? Settle down!

It would help if you were able to post a workable url.
    What is dumb is liberal policies requiring officers to stand down and not reporting student violence. To many black kids being caught up with that reporting.

https://www.usnews.com/news/education-news/articles/2018-03-06/did-an-obama-era-school-discipline-policy-contribute-to-the-parkland-shooting
    It’s nothing to do with liberalism.

It’s to do with rationality.
    Reading your posts everyday just makes one want to go out and shoot up a trailer park.
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 06:38
    Originally posted by @wajoma
    [b]Being from Romania it is you that[sic] struggles with English.
    I see that you are struggling with your English.

You mean "who".
  4. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 06:58
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    I see that you are struggling with your English.

You mean "who".
    You are correct:

[b]Being from Romania it is you that[sic] struggles with English

should read:

Being from Romania it is who that struggles with english.
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 08:541 edit
    Originally posted by @philokalia
    (1) I do not mean ambush in the sense of planning out a literal ambush. I mean ambush in the sense of surprising the gunman from an angle or having the drop on him from a position.

This would be extremely easy if you are the prey and they are marching throughout the school looking for targets.

You can literally do this with no ...[text shortened]... d responsible for them. As they are Americans, they already have access to loads of guns.
    " I do not mean ambush in the sense of planning out a literal ambush. I mean ambush in the sense of [i]surprising the gunman from an angle or having the drop on him from a position"
    I do understand what you're saying. You're saying that you have never been in a mass shooting, you have no empathy towards people that were and you are talking out of your ass.

Students were hiding in closets. Teachers barricaded the classroom. That coach that died did so while shielding students, not playing rambo and prowling the corridors in case he ran into the shooters. I say shooterS because as a lucky contestant in the game of "Mass shooting survivor" you have no idea who are the shooters, how many they are, how they are armed. You have no idea if the shooters are dressed as the police or you encountered real cops and now you're the madman with a gun shooting at police officers.
    If two good guys with guns run into each other in those corridors, how do they know if one of them isn't the mass shooter?

"This would be extremely easy"
    Children hiding in the closet, fearing for their lives, teachers sobbing that their students got shot and killed right next to them, the late hero coach that died shielding his students from death would fukin spit in your face, you insensitive prick.

"And guess what? They aren't insane"
    I was being sarcastic.

"They are teachers that you pay with tax dollars to educate your children."
    And they aren't paid enough to teach children. What makes you think they will be willing to carry a gun, potentially get shot, potentially shoot someone? Without any training, without the pay of police officers.

"They already are deemed worthy of being around your kids and responsible for them."
    not with carrying guns. Not with assessing a horrible situation and decide who gets shot. That's not their freakin job. It's like a bridge collapsing and you put actors from the local theater in charge of rebuilding it.

"As they are Americans, they [i]already have access to loads of guns"
    And that's the freakin problem. Normal people don't want access to loads of guns. Normal people don't want guns near their children. Normal people don't want anyone to be able to buy an AR-15 in a matter of minutes, with no background checks, no competency check, no nothing
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 09:30

zahlanzi logic 🙄
    Woogiemoogie, who has the best shot at a moon landing.

A/ Some dumb ass welder.
    B/ The world number one fastest snail

Woogiemoogoe logic
  7. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Mr. Wolf
    at home
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 09:31
    You are correct:

should read:

Being from Romania it is who that struggles with english.
    Nah.
    Back to school boy.
  8. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 10:23
    Originally posted by @wolfgang59
    Nah.
    Back to school boy.
    wolfgang: "I see that you are struggling with your English.

You mean "who".

You are correct:

should read:

Who from Romania it is you that struggles with english.
  9. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 12:01

zahlanzi logic 🙄
    It's quite true: the underpaid, distracted, scared teacher on the scene does have an immeasurably greater chance of making the carnage much worse than someone in another country.

Which is good, because at least it means the carnage will be 99.99% limited to children in the USA, not the innocent ones in civilised countries.
  10. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 14:141 edit
    Originally posted by @shavixmir
    It’s nothing to do with liberalism.

It’s to do with rationality.
    Reading your posts everyday just makes one want to go out and shoot up a trailer park.
    "Reading your posts everyday just makes one want to go out and shoot up a trailer park".
    That thought would never enter a sane persons mind.
  11. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 14:16
    " I do not mean ambush in the sense of planning out a literal ambush. I mean ambush in the sense of [i]surprising the gunman from an angle or having the drop on him from a position"
    I do understand what you're saying. You're saying that you have never been in a mass shooting, you have no empathy towards people that were and you are talking o ...[text shortened]... buy an AR-15 in a matter of minutes, with no background checks, no competency check, no nothing
    "Normal people don't want access to loads of guns. Normal people don't want guns near their children. Normal people don't want anyone to be able to buy an AR-15 in a matter of minutes, with no background checks, no competency check, no nothing"

"normal" people do not go around shooting people...therein lies your problem.
  12. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 14:223 edits
    "Damn man...why are liberals so angry "
    i am not angry just because i called you an idiot
    "and violent"
    you mean like metaphorically, "words hurt", violent?

"It would help if you were able to post a workable url."
    it does work. teaching you how to copy paste links in the address bar of a brows is not my job.

"What is dumb is liberal policies req ...[text shortened]... ave found ample explanation as to why Marco Rubio is a whore who lies, and a dumb whore at that.
    Cruz would have been ineligible to buy a gun if not for this obama/holder policy.

"A routine school disciplinary infraction should land a student in the principal’s office, not in a police precinct,"Attorney General Eric Holder said. "This guidance will promote fair and effective disciplinary practices that will make schools safe, supportive and inclusive for all students. By ensuring federal civil rights protections, offering alternatives to exclusionary discipline and providing useful information to school resource officers, we can keep America’s young people safe and on the right path."

And yes, it was designed to keep blacks and minorities out of jail.

https://www.ed.gov/news/press-releases/us-departments-education-and-justice-release-school-discipline-guidance-package-
  13. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 14:37
    "Normal people don't want access to loads of guns. Normal people don't want guns near their children. Normal people don't want anyone to be able to buy an AR-15 in a matter of minutes, with no background checks, no competency check, no nothing"

"normal" people do not go around shooting people...therein lies your problem.
    yes, the problem that too many abnormal people have access to guns that are meant to fight wars.

if normal people don't go around shooting people and abnormal people shouldn't be given death sticks, those guns shouldn't be accessible to civilians.

there is a special kind of abnormals however who do not plan to go around shooting people yet they don't mind psychos getting hold of guns and people dying as long as they don't suffer inconveniences (waiting to have one's background checked ) when trying to buy another death stick.
  14. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 14:421 edit
    Cruz would have been ineligible to buy a gun if not for this obama/holder policy.

"A routine school disciplinary infraction should land a student in the principal’s office, not in a police precinct,"Attorney General Eric Holder said. "This guidance will promote fair and effective disciplinary practices that will make schools safe, supportive and ...[text shortened]... /press-releases/us-departments-education-and-justice-release-school-discipline-guidance-package-
    "Cruz would have been ineligible to buy a gun if not for this obama/holder policy."
    translation: we should send as many people to jail for minor offenses as possible. that should fix the gun problem.

how many minors would end up in jail, ashole?

"And yes, it was designed to keep blacks and minorities out of jail."
    designed to keep CHILDREN out of jail, you racist piece of crap. like a white teen who steals his parents car for a joy ride. or teens of any race smoking weed behind the bleachers.

So, in conclusion: sending children to jail, good. waiting for a background check before buying a gun, bad.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    08 Mar '18 14:551 edit
    https://www.myajc.com/blog/get-schooled/gunfights-trained-officers-have-percent-hit-rate-yet-want-arm-teachers/mDBlhDtV6Na4wJVpeu58cM/

"The New York Police Department is the nation’s largest police force and among the best trained, yet its own study showed between 1998 and 2006, the average hit rate was 18 percent for officers in a gunfight."

Mrs S ...[text shortened]... gnore that study, it doesn't teaches you anything. Everybody knows the good guy with a gun axiom
    When faced with an active shooter as a teacher would you prefer not to have a gun and just wait and hope help arrives and does not hide in the bushes cuz their of their government pensions?