Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    05 Sep '08
    Moves
    18 May '18 18:42
    Originally posted by @zahlanzi
    are you kidding me? you think this is a good speech or are you being sarcastic? it has no redeeming quality whatsoever

loosely translated?
    "Palestinians, you know those grievances you have? I intend to address none of them. Your future comes second to that of the israelis, now and forever. Whenever there will be pie in the future, israelis will take t ...[text shortened]... some, but you will have to eat it in whatever slum we don't yet want.

Fuk you, palestinians"
    That is not a completely inaccurate summary of the speech. A far more accurate summary would be that speaker is looking to compromise and make peace but part of compromise is that both sides will have to make sacrifices and will not get all of what they want.
  2. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    18 May '18 19:05
    Originally posted by @sh76
    Stumbled on this while responding to no1 in the other thread.

https://www.haaretz.com/opinion/.premium-the-next-israeli-prime-minister-s-first-speech-to-the-palestinians-1.5785567

I come here today, a week after forming the new Israeli government, to try to start a new chapter in relations between our peoples. I have chosen to come here, as the ne ...[text shortened]... o say to the next generations: “In Rawabi, we laid the cornerstone for peace.”

Amen.
    There's a fair amount of dubious assertions in it, but if that's what an Israeli leader would have to tell his People prior to serious negotiations that would lead to an equitable two state solution, fine.
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 May '18 19:07
    Originally posted by @shavixmir
    I say feed the lot of them pork and BBQ them.

Seriously. The only way to resolve the situation is kill anyone of them who disagrees with me.
    I respect tradition though!

We stone the Palestinians and gas the Jews.

And we turn the whole country into a desert themed holiday park for Europeans and non-relgious Americans.
    Well the Europeans screwed that up once, what makes us think you can accomplish it this time?
  4. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    Just another day
    tinyurl.com/y3ngvdp2
    Moves
    18 May '18 19:42
    Brexit? How is Brexit relevant to the Israel-Palestine situation at all?
    Your quote makes that comparison. Ask the speaker.
  5. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    18 May '18 19:45
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Well the Europeans screwed that up once, what makes us think you can accomplish it this time?
    Hitler was a vegetarian and he was an underachiever who didn’t want to increase the scope of his endeavors.

I, on the other hand, am perfectly willing to murder the whole Middle-East and US, BBQ the lot of ya, and eat you one by one ‘till we’re rid of the scum.

Bring the garlic sauce!
  6. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    18 May '18 20:01
    If it doesn't really matter to you, then sure, it's easy to just throw up your hands and say "impossible." But for the people there or who have relatives there, it's quite literally a matter of life and death.

They don't have the luxury of throwing up their hands and saying "impossible."
    I am genuinely sorry if you have relatives in harm's way as a result of this situation, but I calls em as I sees em.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    18 May '18 20:44
    Originally posted by @mchill
    I am genuinely sorry if you have relatives in harm's way as a result of this situation, but I calls em as I sees em.
    Pfft. If he has relatives there they are 1000 times safer than if they were in Chicago.
  8. Zugzwang
    Moves
    18 May '18 21:02
    Originally posted by @whodey to Mchill about Sh76
    Pfft. If he has relatives there they are 1000 times safer than if they were in Chicago.
    Not if his relatives were Palestinians.

Would Sh76 think differently if he had any Palestinian relatives in Gaza or the West Bank?
  9. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    18 May '18 22:061 edit
    Originally posted by @duchess64
    Not if his relatives were Palestinians.

Would Sh76 think differently if he had any Palestinian relatives in Gaza or the West Bank?
    I'd probably be even more vested in the hope for peace if that were the case.

While post sides suffer from the ongoing state of hostilities, it's certainly true that, on average, Palestinians suffer more.
  10. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    18 May '18 22:081 edit
    Hitler was a vegetarian and he was an underachiever who didn’t want to increase the scope of his endeavors.

I, on the other hand, am perfectly willing to murder the whole Middle-East and US, BBQ the lot of ya, and eat you one by one ‘till we’re rid of the scum.

Bring the garlic sauce!
    You're just gonna keep doing that until someone responds, aren't you?

I'll bite.

ATTENTION

ATTENTION

ATTENTION

There, now don't you feel better?
  11. Zugzwang
    Moves
    18 May '18 22:562 edits
    I'd probably be even more vested in the hope for peace if that were the case.

While post sides suffer from the ongoing state of hostilities, it's certainly true that, on average, Palestinians suffer more.
    Sh76, if you had any Palestinian relatives who were suffering under Israel's occupation,
    then would you not be more critical of Israel?

https://www.haaretz.com/jewish/.premium-why-interfaith-marriage-is-on-the-rise-1.5250507

"Why Interfaith Marriage Is on the Rise in Israel - and Why It's a Problem
    As many as one in 10 Israeli marriages are interfaith, with the non-Jewish partner
    often subjected to second-class treatment by the state."

Israel's a Jewish supremacist state, not a nation with equal rights for all its citizens.

https://www.haaretz.com/jewish/.premium-palestinian-poet-in-love-with-a-jew-1.5250557

"When the Palestinian National Poet Fell in Love With a Jew
    The love letters between Mahmoud Darwish and 'Rita' intrigued Israeli-Arab filmmaker
    Ibtisam Mara’ana Menuhin for her own, very personal reasons" [she's married to a Jew]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahmoud_Darwish

"The "Rita" of Darwish's poems was a Jewish woman whom he loved when he was living in Haifa.
    The relationship was the subject of the film Write Down, I Am an Arab by filmmaker
    Ibtisam Mara'ana Menuhin, an Arab Muslim woman married to a Jewish man.
    (While such relationships are rare today, they were more common during the Palestinian
    Mandate period, and among communists, who were united by class struggle "

In fact, a senior official in the PLO had an Palestinian Arab father and a Jewish mother.
    (Both parents were secular and sympathetic toward Marxism.) His Jewish mother came
    from a very Zionist family, who disowned her for marrying an Arab. As anti-Zionist, she
    helped the Palestinian resistance by concealing its banned literature from police raids.
    After she died in exile, the PLO's leaders (including Arafat) attended her funeral in Beirut.

Mahmoud Darwish's famous poem 'Identity Card' is known to every literate Palestinian.
    It should become more known to Israeli Jews as well.

"In July 2016 a controversy erupted over the broadcasting of Darwish's song [poem]
    "ID card"[49] on Galei Tzahal. Written in 1964, the song includes the lines:

But if I starve
    I will eat my oppressor's flesh
    Beware, beware of my starving
    And my rage

This enraged Israel defense minister Avigdor Lieberman, who compared the poem to Hitler's Mein Kampf."
    --Wikipedia

That absurd response shows that Avigdor Lieberman's a deranged hateful racist.
  12. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    18 May '18 23:56
    Originally posted by @athousandyoung
    Your quote makes that comparison. Ask the speaker.
    That was an incredibly dumb question from sh76.
  13. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    19 May '18 13:27
    Originally posted by @vivify
    That was an incredibly dumb question from sh76.
    he probably read the first article , heard the "i come before you to try and start a new chapter in our relations" and immediately believed it and stopped reading.

refugees? no thank you.
    military occupation? for as long as we see fit
    access to holy sites? Ha!
    accepted responsibility for creating the refugee crisis by occupying a country? partial responsibility, the rest of the fault is americans' who helped them occupy that country and palestinians' who existed there for a thousand years.
    all the land we took so far? we promise not to take more, you promise to give up any demand of land in the future. aren't we nice?
  14. SubscriberWOLFE63
    Tra il dire e il far
    C'e di mezzo il mar!
    Moves
    19 May '18 14:35
    What if Native Americans in the USA made similar territorial demands and had a large nuclear armed superpower to back them up?

Would the Zionists and their enablers be onboard?
  15. Subscriberkmax87
    Land of Free
    Health and Education
    Moves
    19 May '18 15:07

Bring the garlic sauce!
    Why is it always up to the French to turn something unsavoury into a palatable dish???