Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. 21 Jul '15 08:26
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashley_Madison

    "Ashley Madison is a Canadian based online dating service and social
    networking service marketed to people who are already in a relationship, whose slogan is "Life is short. Have an affair.""

    22 million people have an account on a site designed specifically to have an extramarital affair.

    but it's the gays who are ruining the sanctity of marriage.
  2. 21 Jul '15 09:11
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashley_Madison

    "Ashley Madison is a Canadian based online dating service and social
    networking service marketed to people who are already in a relationship, whose slogan is "Life is short. Have an affair.""

    22 million people have an account on a site designed specifically to have an extramarital affair.

    but it's the gays who are ruining the sanctity of marriage.
    Gay marriage was first legalized in the same year (2001) Ashley Madison was launched. Coincidence?
  3. 21 Jul '15 10:35 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashley_Madison

    "Ashley Madison is a Canadian based online dating service and social
    networking service marketed to people who are already in a relationship, whose slogan is "Life is short. Have an affair.""

    22 million people have an account on a site designed specifically to have an extramarital affair.

    but it's the gays who are ruining the sanctity of marriage.
    Yet another reason to do away with state sponsored marriage.

    Marriage should be between two people of faith who are dedicated to each other in the sight of God. So take away the state perks for marriage and what you will find is that only those serious about serving their God will be more inclined to being faithful and get married because those will be the only ones seeking to get married by in large.
  4. 21 Jul '15 10:37
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Gay marriage was first legalized in the same year (2001) Ashley Madison was launched. Coincidence?
    Gay males in the US account for well over 60% of newly diagnosed AIDS and STD cases in the US every year even though they only account for about 5% of the population.

    Will gay marriage reduce these numbers? Maybe, we shall see, but I doubt it.
  5. 21 Jul '15 10:57
    Originally posted by whodey
    Gay males in the US account for well over 60% of newly diagnosed AIDS and STD cases in the US every year even though they only account for about 5% of the population.

    Will gay marriage reduce these numbers? Maybe, we shall see, but I doubt it.
    Will gay marriage reduce the consumption of Coca-Cola among gay people? Maybe, we shall see.
  6. 21 Jul '15 13:03
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Will gay marriage reduce the consumption of Coca-Cola among gay people? Maybe, we shall see.
    The reason that gay males are more promisucous are simple. They have a higher sex drive and have no worries about reproduction.

    There is no fixing it.
  7. 21 Jul '15 14:03
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashley_Madison

    "Ashley Madison is a Canadian based online dating service and social
    networking service marketed to people who are already in a relationship, whose slogan is "Life is short. Have an affair.""

    22 million people have an account on a site designed specifically to have an extramarital affair.

    but it's the gays who are ruining the sanctity of marriage.
    Marriage is just stupid. Few people want to be faithful in marriage and about half end in divorce anyway. As far as I can tell marriage is just a way for one spouse to exploit the other for financial gain. All it does is benefit lawyers in the end.
  8. 21 Jul '15 14:05
    Originally posted by Metal Brain
    All it does is benefit lawyers in the end.[/b]
    Which is why a bunch of lawyers made it a state institution.

    Why would lawyers now take this stimulus package away from their own profession?
  9. 21 Jul '15 14:42
    Originally posted by Metal Brain
    Marriage is just stupid. Few people want to be faithful in marriage and about half end in divorce anyway. As far as I can tell marriage is just a way for one spouse to exploit the other for financial gain. All it does is benefit lawyers in the end.
    "As far as I can tell marriage is just a way for one spouse to exploit the other for financial gain."

    How sad.
  10. Subscriber Sleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    21 Jul '15 14:46
    Originally posted by Metal Brain
    Marriage is just stupid. Few people want to be faithful in marriage and about half end in divorce anyway. As far as I can tell marriage is just a way for one spouse to exploit the other for financial gain. All it does is benefit lawyers in the end.
    You should write cards for Hallmark.
  11. 21 Jul '15 15:52
    Originally posted by whodey
    Marriage should be between two people of faith who are dedicated to each other in the sight of God.
    In the other thread you assured us that you did not want to impose anything on other people yet here you are telling me that I, who am not a 'person of faith' cannot get married? How dare you? Sorry, but you don't get any say in the matter. I am married and that's that. and this has nothing whatsoever to do with whether or not I have a legally recognized licence nor does it have anything to do with gay marriage. You simply don't get to tell me that I can't get married or that you as a Christian own the word.
  12. 21 Jul '15 16:27 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    In the other thread you assured us that you did not want to impose anything on other people yet here you are telling me that I, who am not a 'person of faith' cannot get married? How dare you? Sorry, but you don't get any say in the matter. I am married and that's that. and this has nothing whatsoever to do with whether or not I have a legally recognized ...[text shortened]... ou simply don't get to tell me that I can't get married or that you as a Christian own the word.
    All I'm doing is taking marriage from the state. Anyone can get married if they so choose.

    So what did you do to obtain a marriage license from the state? What test did you pass?

    Do you enjoy paying another mindless tax?

    Should you have special state perks based upon your sexual union?
  13. 21 Jul '15 16:28
    Originally posted by JS357
    "As far as I can tell marriage is just a way for one spouse to exploit the other for financial gain."

    How sad.
    Not for everyone, but for some absolutely
  14. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    21 Jul '15 17:24
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    You should write cards for Hallmark.
    LOL!
  15. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    21 Jul '15 17:26
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ashley_Madison

    "Ashley Madison is a Canadian based online dating service and social
    networking service marketed to people who are already in a relationship, whose slogan is "Life is short. Have an affair.""

    22 million people have an account on a site designed specifically to have an extramarital affair.

    but it's the gays who are ruining the sanctity of marriage.
    Zahlanzi and whodey were separated at birth. Zahlanzi was sent to live with Michael Moore and whodey with Jerry Falwell.