Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard member MacSwain
    Who is John Galt?
    12 Sep '10 14:43
    What possibility is there of a 'death' film being made about Obama while two years remain on his term of office?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/5333220.stm

Gabriel Range used archive footage, actors and computer effects to portray the president being shot dead.
  2. 12 Sep '10 14:48
    Originally posted by MacSwain
    [b]What possibility is there of a 'death' film being made about Obama while two years remain on his term of office?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/5333220.stm

Gabriel Range used archive footage, actors and computer effects to portray the president being shot dead.[/b]
    This reminds me of someone I know who had Obama make a visit to their city. In the newspaper, they layed out in detail where Obama was staying, where he would be traveling and other inexplicable details to his visit. They person in question thought it strange and secretly wondered if they wanted Obama dead.

Personally, I think it would be catostrophic for this to happen. What would then emerge is an already controlling federal government have additional ammo to become even more controlling. More than likely, they would pin the blame on people in the press like Glenn Beck and have a reason to further restrict free speech.
  3. Standard member MacSwain
    Who is John Galt?
    12 Sep '10 14:59
    Originally posted by whodey
    Personally, I think it would be catostrophic for this to happen. What would then emerge is an already controlling federal government have additional ammo to become even more controlling. More than likely, they would pin the blame on people in the press like Glenn Beck and have a reason to further restrict free speech.
    Why didn't Chris Matthews recieve blame for this '06 film having the effect of putting George Bush in danger?

Why is it leftists can produce films of this nature with impunity and the right recoils in fear at the thought of doing an "art" film? To the contrary, this film won a prize from International Federation of Film Critics.
  4. 12 Sep '10 15:01
    Because right wing leaders deserve to be assassinated.
  5. Standard member MacSwain
    Who is John Galt?
    12 Sep '10 15:33
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Which begs the next question: Why is it leftists have always been so violent? Preferring violent actions when reslults of the vote hasn't gone to their liking?
  6. 12 Sep '10 19:42
    Which begs the next question: Why is it leftists have always been so violent? Preferring violent actions when reslults of the vote hasn't gone to their liking?
    If you ask me, those on the left are left scratching their heads as to why those on the right are not rioting in the streets and turning to violence. Its just not what the right is about. It is the polar opposite of many on the left.
  7. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    12 Sep '10 19:49 / 3 edits
    Making a film about the assassination of a President while he's alive and in office is NOT COOL.
  8. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    12 Sep '10 19:51
    If you ask me, those on the left are left scratching their heads as to why those on the right are not rioting in the streets and turning to violence. Its just not what the right is about. It is the polar opposite of many on the left.
    HAHAHAHA!

What happened to launching Hellfires at illegal immigrants?
  9. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    12 Sep '10 19:53
    Originally posted by Eladar
    JFK anyone?
  10. 12 Sep '10 19:57
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    JFK anyone?
    he was pretty rightwing.
  11. Standard member MacSwain
    Who is John Galt?
    12 Sep '10 20:21 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    JFK anyone?
    He was murdered by a leftist who was an acolyte of communist Cuba.
  12. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    12 Sep '10 23:33
    Why didn't Chris Matthews recieve blame for this '06 film having the effect of putting George Bush in danger?

Why is it leftists can produce films of this nature with impunity and the right recoils in fear at the thought of doing an "art" film? To the contrary, this film won a prize from International Federation of Film Critics.
    Because the right are utter bastards. They turn into facists, have bad body smells, wear white caps whilst burning crosses on lawns and shag their 13 year old sisters.

Left wing people generally complain about wages.

Good grief. Is it that hard to understand?
  13. 13 Sep '10 00:03
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Because the right are utter bastards. They turn into facists, have bad body smells, wear white caps whilst burning crosses on lawns and shag their 13 year old sisters.

Left wing people generally complain about wages.

Good grief. Is it that hard to understand?
    Thanks for being the left poster child Shav. Now all we need is FMF and Maurauder come in and say how we are all liars and retards.
  14. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    13 Sep '10 01:42
    Thanks for being the left poster child Shav. Now all we need is FMF and Maurauder come in and say how we are all liars and retards.
    I have never posted anything remotely like 'the right are all liars and retards'. Why would you suggest that I might do so now?
  15. 13 Sep '10 01:47 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    I have never posted anything remotely like 'the right are all liars and retards'. Why would you suggest that I might do so now?
    You have attacked pretty much every poster on this forum who is conservative individually. Perhaps the exception to the rule is sh76, but then, he is a moderate. However, Maurauder certainly cannot say as much, so kudos FMF!!