Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 07 Jun '17 16:46 / 1 edit
    http://www.westmonster.com/nursery-teacher-stabbed-by-three-women-shouting-about-allah/

Karrien Stevens, who runs the nursery that the attack victim works at, has said: “A staff member was coming to work when three Asian girls came up behind her chanting the Koran.

“They pulled her to the ground, kicking and punching her. One of them got the knife out and cut her arm. They were shouting about Allah, that and the Koran.”

A spokeswoman for the nursery told Westmonster: “I think this was someone feeding off the recent terror attacks. The fact she had a knife and was chanting Allah says it all, really.

“One woman was carrying a Stanley knife. Whether she was radical or not I don’t know.”

Schools are in lockdown after the attack, which allegedly took place on Wanstead High Street, north London, as the woman made her way to Little Diamonds day nursery.

Her boss, Karrien Stevens confirmed the incident took place at around 9.30am this morning, adding: “It’s terrible, I’m absolutely horrified.”

She said: “Three Asian girls came up behind her chanting the Quran.

“They pulled her to the ground, kicking and punching her.

“One of them got the knife out and cut her arm.

“They were shouting about Allah, that and the Koran.”

The Met told Westmonster the incident was not being treated as terror and, when asked why, a spokesperson said: “We can’t go into that level of detail.”

Another Met spokesperson added: “She has been taken to an east London hospital as a precaution. The suspects fled the scene prior to police arrival in an unknown direction.

“No arrests have been made. Enquiries continue.

“The Met’s Counter Terrorism Command has been made aware of the incident but is not investigating at this time.”
  2. 07 Jun '17 17:28
    Well, I heard about this one, thanks to you, whodey. In an unusual development, it appears that the story you cited does have a basis in reality - or at the very least, U.K. tabloids have picked it up.

Will I hear about the thousands of other stabbings that occurred today?
  3. 07 Jun '17 17:49
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Well, I heard about this one, thanks to you, whodey. In an unusual development, it appears that the story you cited does have a basis in reality - or at the very least, U.K. tabloids have picked it up.

You mean all the other stabbings not based upon reality?

Is Freaky right?
  4. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    07 Jun '17 17:55
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://www.westmonster.com/nursery-teacher-stabbed-by-three-women-shouting-about-allah/

Karrien Stevens, who runs the nursery that the attack victim works at, has said: “A staff member was coming to work when three Asian girls came up behind her chanting the Koran.

“They pulled her to the ground, kicking and punching her. One of them got the knife o ...[text shortened]... er Terrorism Command has been made aware of the incident but is not investigating at this time.”
    I guess the suspects got away because the police arrived in an unknown direction. "Which way did they come in?" 'Don't know, they came in from an unknown direction', perhaps from underground?
  5. Subscriber FreakyKBH
    Acquired Taste...
    07 Jun '17 18:30

“They pulled her to the ground, kicking and punching her. One of them got the knife o ...[text shortened]... er Terrorism Command has been made aware of the incident but is not investigating at this time.”
    If only...

• a drill had been recently conducted
    • emergency response teams were parked nearby on standby
    • the CCTV had been under routine maintenance
    • photojournalists just happened to be in the area
    • lively witnesses were available for quirky, smiling reminiscences of the sheer terror they all experienced
    • someone had lost a shoe... or two
    • the media hadn't been stuck en masse in traffic
    • it happened on a significant date
    • the locale had been just a bit more iconic for picture-snapping opportunities....

...THEN we would have had a hell of a story, amirite?
  6. 07 Jun '17 19:31

We need to address the problem here ,we have had thirty plus years of " establishment " appeasement resulting in a segregated society .
    This society has grown from 1.5 million in 2001 to more than 4 million in 2016 .
    The issues within this isolated society are far broader than extremist terrorism .
    It ranges from ..Forced marriages
    Female genital mutilation .
    So-called honour killings
    Electoral fraud
    Sexual exploitation
    Trojan horse educational infiltration
    Muslim arbitration tribunals using sharia courts to extreme terrorism .
    That folks ,is your peace loving Muslim community in the UK .
    They need to understand that we have to maintain our British way of life and our leaders have to stand up and show a pair of balls and tell them so .
  7. 07 Jun '17 19:51
    Originally posted by phil3000
    We need to address the problem here ,we have had thirty plus years of " establishment " appeasement resulting in a segregated society .
    This society has grown from 1.5 million in 2001 to more than 4 million in 2016 .
    The issues within this isolated society are far broader than extremist terrorism .
    Female genital muti ...[text shortened]... British way of life and our leaders have to stand up and show a pair of balls and tell them so .
    What final solution do you propose to "address the problem"?
  8. 07 Jun '17 20:08
    What final solution do you propose to "address the problem"?
    Do you think that there isn't a problem within the Muslim community ?
    I do , and its killing innocent people on the streets of the UK ,kids going to concerts ,people trying to enjoy a night out and being mowed down and stabbed ,
    We are becoming an increasingly divided society, that's the problem that needs to be addressed and it will take an effort from us all , including the Muslim community .
  9. 07 Jun '17 20:18
    Do you think that there isn't a problem within the Muslim community ?
    I do , and its killing innocent people on the streets of the UK ,kids going to concerts ,people trying to enjoy a night out and being mowed down and stabbed ,
    We are becoming an increasingly divided society, that's the problem that needs to be addressed and it will take an effort from us all , including the Muslim community .
    Okay, but what do you suggest as a final solution to address the problem?
  10. 07 Jun '17 20:25
    Okay, but what do you suggest as a final solution to address the problem?
    Why do you use " final solution " ?
    One solution would be to get people to get their head from out of the ground and admit that there is a problem .
  11. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    07 Jun '17 20:26
    Why do you use " final solution " ?
    One solution would be to get people to get their head from out of the ground and admit that there is a problem .
    Do you understand what the word "solution" means?

So far, you have not proposed one.
  12. 07 Jun '17 20:31
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Do you understand what the word "solution" means?

So far, you have not proposed one.
    I would be wasting my time if I did .
  13. 07 Jun '17 22:14
    Originally posted by phil3000 to No1Marauder
    I would be wasting my time if I did .
    Would, apart from being much less educated, Phil3000 speak differently from Enoch Powell?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rivers_of_Blood_speech

"As I look ahead, I am filled with foreboding. Like the Roman, I seem to see "the River Tiber
    foaming with much blood". That tragic and intractable phenomenon which we watch with horror on
    the other side of the Atlantic but which there is interwoven with the history and existence of the
    States itself, is coming upon us here by our own volition and our own neglect. Indeed, it has all but come.
    In numerical terms, it will be of American proportions long before the end of the century."
    --Enoch Powell

"At the end of the 1960s, Enoch Powell was quite a frightening figure to us. He was the
    one person who represented an enforced ticket out, so we always had suitcases that
    were ready and packed. My parents held the notion that we may have to leave."
    --Sanjeev Bhaskar

"In The Trial of Enoch Powell, a Channel 4 television broadcast in April 1998, on the thirtieth anniversary
    of his Rivers of Blood speech (and two months after his death), 64% of the studio audience voted
    that Powell was not a racist. Some in the Church of England, of which Powell had been a member,
    took a different view. Upon Powell's death, Barbados-born Wilfred Wood, then Bishop of Croydon, stated,
    "Enoch Powell gave a certificate of respectability to white racist views which otherwise
    decent people were ashamed to acknowledge.""
  14. 07 Jun '17 23:26
    Originally posted by phil3000 to KazetNagorra
    Fem ...[text shortened]... British way of life and our leaders have to stand up and show a pair of balls and tell them so .
    https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2017/jun/07/anti-muslim-hate-crimes-increase-fivefold-since-london-bridge-attacks

"Anti-Muslim hate crimes increase fivefold since London Bridge attacks"

Does Phil3000 believe that the problem of 'anti-Muslim hate crimes' needs to be addressed?
  15. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    07 Jun '17 23:47

The attack that all you Fox News babies will never hear about is today's ISIS attack on the parliament building and the tomb of Khomeini in Tehran.