1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    04 May '14 23:55
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Again State requirements for both purchasing or carrying guns are public information, and the only reason for ignorance is preference.
    the burden of proof lies with you. you are the one making statements.
  2. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    04 May '14 23:57
    LOL. You really don't understand what purpose means, do you? Reminds me of Steve Martin in "The Jerk" learning about his "special purpose".
    would you let it go if i phrase it as "main purpose"?

or should we go through each and every use for a gun? because some might use them to crack nuts. should we discuss that too?
  3. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    05 May '14 08:25
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    a gun's purpose is to kill people. because of that, some may get scared and comply without a shot being fired.

with your reasoning, a car's purpose is to occupy space. to get you laid. to consume gas. to cause traffic jams. to allow nascar to exist.
    In your own snarky way you're nearly there. You're on the edge of experiencing an insight. You see it's not for you to determine the purpose of a gun for each and every person, or any person, that's for them to decide.

Some people want a gun to occupy a space, for them that's it's purpose, for them that's the reason for owning it. Nothing to do with you.
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    05 May '14 09:21
    Originally posted by Wajoma
    In your own snarky way you're nearly there. You're on the edge of experiencing an insight. You see it's not for you to determine the purpose of a gun for each and every person, or any person, that's for them to decide.

Some people want a gun to occupy a space, for them that's it's purpose, for them that's the reason for owning it. Nothing to do with you.
    i don't give a fuk. if you want to buy a fluffy teddy bear, go right ahead. if that teddy bear can shoot death lazors out of his ass and kill people, you freakin prove to everyone living in your community that you are not a psychopath and can operate said teddy bear safely.
  5. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    05 May '14 09:37
    i don't give a fuk. if you want to buy a fluffy teddy bear, go right ahead. if that teddy bear can shoot death lazors out of his ass and kill people, you freakin prove to everyone living in your community that you are not a psychopath and can operate said teddy bear safely.
  6. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    05 May '14 10:18
    you should have saved this comeback for when it actually makes sense. in this case you just prove yet again what a mediocre intellect you have.
  7. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    06 May '14 17:58
    Good golly, periods, commas. Now if we could just get a capital letter. Perhaps his Shift key is broken.
  8. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    07 May '14 08:02
    Good golly, periods, commas. Now if we could just get a capital letter. Perhaps his Shift key is broken.
    that is what is important. capital letters at the start of every sentence. are you an illiterate redneck that has trouble seeing the dot that marks a sentence end? would you like me to put each sentence on a separate row?
  9. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    07 May '14 21:463 edits
    "a gun's purpose is after all, to kill people."

Wrong! In many cases presenting a gun prevents further escalation of violence. That's what happens most of the time when a cop displays his weapon and shouts, "On the ground dirt bag".

Besides that people use guns recreationally, poking holes in paper targets, or putting meat on their table. Safety r ...[text shortened]... For example, bean bag guns, rubber bullets, or tazers aren't appropriate as defensive weapons.
    Wrong! In many cases presenting a gun prevents further escalation of violence. That's what happens most of the time when a cop displays his weapon and shouts, "On the ground dirt bag".
    Unless the shoe was on the other foot and it was instead the scumbag toting the instrument of death; designed specifically to put holes in people and obliterate their insides in a way that's no more difficult than pointing at them and wishing them dead - without the physical exertion and/or fear of retaliation that comes with being in melee range.

Besides that people use guns recreationally, poking holes in paper targets
    With the intention of getting better at putting holes in human targets.
  10. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    08 May '14 01:01
    that is what is important. capital letters at the start of every sentence. are you an illiterate redneck that has trouble seeing the dot that marks a sentence end? would you like me to put each sentence on a separate row?
    I'm neither illiterate, nor a redneck. Punctuation and capitalization make your writing more readable. I rarely critique grammar or punctuation, but when you don't know the meaning of purpose, and then go on rants about others being illiterate, well you get the message.
  11. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    08 May '14 01:03
    Originally posted by Agerg
    [b]Wrong! In many cases presenting a gun prevents further escalation of violence. That's what happens most of the time when a cop displays his weapon and shouts, "On the ground dirt bag".
    Unless the shoe was on the other foot and it was instead the scumbag toting the instrument of death; designed specifically to put holes in people and obliterate their i ...[text shortened]... es in paper targets[/b]
    With the intention of getting better at putting holes in human targets.[/b]
    Even most criminals using firearms use the threat of force more often than actual force.

The purpose of guns is certainly not just to kill people.
  12. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    08 May '14 07:57
    I'm neither illiterate, nor a redneck. Punctuation and capitalization make your writing more readable. I rarely critique grammar or punctuation, but when you don't know the meaning of purpose, and then go on rants about others being illiterate, well you get the message.
    i have always used punctuation*** i never use capitalization*** it makes for a speedier typing, while sacrificing little*** if you need to have extra notification when a sentence ends, how about i mark it with 3 * just for you?*** like i just did in this post***
  13. Account suspended
    Moves
    08 May '14 18:00

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

14. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    08 May '14 21:52
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    And the pot calling the kettle black.
  15. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    08 May '14 21:55
    i have always used punctuation*** i never use capitalization*** it makes for a speedier typing, while sacrificing little*** if you need to have extra notification when a sentence ends, how about i mark it with 3 * just for you?*** like i just did in this post***
    In case you hadn't noticed, there are shift keys on either side of your keyboard, so capitalization doesn't take any longer than using lower case letters. Asterisks are not punctuation. One period is sufficient to indicate the end of a sentence.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree