1. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    09 May '14 23:08
    Originally posted by finnegan
    The choices are bleak.
    I disagree, because when we get down to debating the purpose and usefulness of guns, the ban 'em side always loses. Especially when the chief advocate for that side is incomprehensible, due to poor word choices.
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    09 May '14 23:16

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    09 May '14 23:32
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    "Normbenign keeps acting as though he were an authority on English writing."

Support for this accusation? Or just more evidence of Duchess64's long history of lying?
  4. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    09 May '14 23:35
    Originally posted by normbenign
    I disagree, because when we get down to debating the purpose and usefulness of guns, the ban 'em side always loses. Especially when the chief advocate for that side is incomprehensible, due to poor word choices.
    Nobody asked you to agree or disagree. Just notice what was said and perhaps amend your behaviour (or not - who really cares?)
  5. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    09 May '14 23:40
    Originally posted by finnegan
    Nobody asked you to agree or disagree. Just notice what was said and perhaps amend your behaviour (or not - who really cares?)
    A debate is always about agreement or disagreement. I rarely comment on punctuation or grammar, except in the worst instances, or when the party makes idiotic claims on word usage, or reasons for lack of punctuation/capitalization.

If you want to think I'm in the wrong here, be my guest, but it all started for me from the misuse of the word "purpose".

I am not obsessed with occasional gaffes in spelling, grammar, punctuation, or usage. We all make them. When the mistake is integral to the subject matter, it must be corrected to continue a logical and factual discussion.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 May '14 00:04

7. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    10 May '14 00:12
    Please. You are a known and proven liar, and this is a lie. People can judge on your writing skills, and mine.

Being superior, or even compared to you is not an ambition of mine. Support your assertions or remain condemned as a serial liar.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 May '14 00:13

9. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    10 May '14 00:16
    Were you not the one complaining about commenting on others in a negative manner? What a blazing hypocrite.
  10. Account suspended
    Moves
    10 May '14 00:18

11. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    10 May '14 00:28
    First, I see no problem with my comma usage. In any case, if it is in error, it is a small one (a gnat).

"Of course, nothing will stop Normbenign, evidently a pathological liar, from writing more lies to keep attacking me personally."

Everyone observing this silly game, can see who is doing the personal attacks, and who is the pathological liar.
  12. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    10 May '14 22:33
    what ban'em side? who said anything about ban them? nobody sane. all understand their uses, but the opponents just want reasonable control over who gets one, and how they are going to use it.

" Especially when the chief advocate for that side is incomprehensible, due to poor word choices"
    subtle, who could you possibly refer to?
    poor word choices? i am sure you have an example so that person defend himself, and you are not just making stuff up
  13. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    10 May '14 22:36
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    what ban'em side? who said anything about ban them? nobody sane. all understand their uses, but the opponents just want reasonable control over who gets one, and how they are going to use it.

" Especially when the chief advocate for that side is incomprehensible, due to poor word choices"
    subtle, who could you possibly refer to?
    poor word choices? ...[text shortened]... am sure you have an example so that person defend himself, and you are not just making stuff up
    Try the word PURPOSE.
  14. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    12 May '14 11:27
    Try the word PURPOSE.
    that is your opinion. if it would be valid, there would be wooden guns painted to look real, advertised and sold as "deterrent".
  15. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    12 May '14 15:29
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    that is your opinion. if it would be valid, there would be wooden guns painted to look real, advertised and sold as "deterrent".
    It is not legal to make imitation guns that look real. A threat that can't be carried out is useless bluster, and may endanger the bluffer as well as others. Even air pistols that look "real" have to have a high viz barrel tip to indicate that they aren't the real thing.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree