Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 28 Aug '10 13:35
    http://www.usposttoday.com/beat-whitey-night-at-the-iowa-state-fair/

If something like this had happened in reverse, I don't think I'd have to do a google search to find the story. Just goes to show how the powers that be in the US are hypocritical. Typical of the left in the US.
  2. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    28 Aug '10 13:44
    Originally posted by Eladar

If something like this had happened in reverse, I don't think I'd have to do a google search to find the story. Just goes to show how the powers that be in the US are hypocritical. Typical of the left in the US.
    Well you either don't like " whites' " ability to laugh at themselves.

Or you wish "the powers that be in the U.S." had intervened at Iowa State Fair and put a stop to it.

Which is it?
  3. 28 Aug '10 13:48 / 1 edit
    So getting beat up by black people because you are white is the ability for whitey to laugh at himself? OK.
  4. 28 Aug '10 13:51
    Originally posted by FMF

Or you wish "the powers that be in the U.S." had intervened at Iowa State Fair and put a stop to it.

Which is it?
    "Ability to laugh at themselves"???

Do you even know what happened?

As the OP pointed out, if colors were reversed it'd be on national news for months and the world would click their collective tongues at how awful America is.

But black gangs roaming around and beating whites , barely worth reporting right?
  5. Subscriber Sleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    28 Aug '10 13:52
    Originally posted by FMF

Which is it?
    From the link..

Gangs Hold Beat Whitey Night At The Iowa State Fairgrounds! The Attacks appear to be racially motivated. Officers arrested Daveion Trell Smith, 18, of Des Moines on a charge of disorderly conduct. Des Moines police are trying to determine what led to a series of attacks outside the Iowa State Fairgrounds over the weekend that included the assault of two police officers.

Yeah those whiteys should just laugh and laugh at themselves for getting beat up like that.
  6. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    28 Aug '10 14:03 / 4 edits
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    From the link..

Gangs Hold Beat Whitey Night At The Iowa State Fairgrounds! The Attacks appear to be racially motivated. Officers arrested Daveion Trell Smith, 18, of Des Moines on a charge of disorderly conduct. Des Moines police are trying to determine what led to a series of attacks outside the Iowa State Fairgrounds [text shortened]...
    Yeah those whiteys should just laugh and laugh at themselves for getting beat up like that.
    Nope. I didn't read the link. It was a facetious post from the hip. I apologise.
  7. 28 Aug '10 14:13
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    From the link..

[i]Gangs Hold Beat Whitey Night At The Iowa State Fairgrounds! The Attacks appear to be racially motivated. Officers arrested Daveion Trell Smith, 18, of Des Moines on a charge of disorderly conduct. Des Moines police are trying to determine what led to a series of attacks outside the Iowa State Fairgrounds over the weekend that included ...[text shortened]... ]

Is this not a "hate crime"?
  8. 28 Aug '10 14:17
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    They don't like to call it that if it's black on white violence.
    A little googling reveals a lot of such occurences that are kept mostly as local news stories, the national media won't touch them.
    Here's one from last year:

http://www.ohio.com/news/50172282.html
  9. 28 Aug '10 14:20
    Originally posted by Eladar

Has Fox News reported on it?
  10. 28 Aug '10 14:21
    Do they have hate crime legislation in that state?
  11. 28 Aug '10 14:22
    Originally posted by Sam The Sham
    They don't like to call it that if it's black on white violence.
    A little googling reveals a lot of such occurences that are kept mostly as local news stories, the national media won't touch them.
    Here's one from last year:

http://www.ohio.com/news/50172282.html
    I am willing to bet the national media doesn't report every hate crime where a white person attacks a minority either.
  12. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    28 Aug '10 14:23
    I wouldn't have had you down as a supporter of the concept of "hate crime".
  13. 28 Aug '10 14:29
    Originally posted by PsychoPawn
    Do they have hate crime legislation in that state?
    from a quick google search it appears they do.
  14. 28 Aug '10 14:32
    Originally posted by FMF
    I wouldn't have had you down as a supporter of the concept of "hate crime".
    I am not a supporter of the concept. But if its a law its a law and needs to be used fairly and equally not arbitrarily.
  15. 28 Aug '10 14:34
    from a quick google search it appears they do.
    This sounds like it should apply, although there is nothing in the article saying that they weren't or were going to.