Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    26 Jul '16 15:15
    Surprised that they each did what I would have thought the other should
    have done. Ted gave his word he would support who ever won, and he
    didn't. Bernie did not give his word and everything he said about Hillary
    was true, and he still is backing her.

Upside down in my opinion, what do you think?
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Jul '16 15:211 edit
    Originally posted by KellyJay

Bernie knows that this is his last attempt to run for President. Bernie just wants the country to continue to go left wing no matter how much he may despise Hillary.

Ted, however, is a young man and will run again.

Ted also knows that in order to make a return, you must take on risk. That is what he has done by opposing Trump. He is betting the house that Trump will fail, which will open the door for him, much like how he opposed the GOP in caving into Obama, which propelled him to the front of the race early on.
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    26 Jul '16 15:26

sanders is a decent guy who is genuinely concerned about the future of the country.

ted cruz is a sleazy ashole who only thinks about himself. That being said, he did the right thing in not endorsing trump, though definitely not for the right reasons.
  4. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    26 Jul '16 15:31

" Ted gave his word he would support who ever won..."

There is no such thing as unconditional approval, even if the conditions are unstated. I give Cruz a pass on this even though I would never vote for him. But did Cruz promise his support prior to, or after, Trump maligned Cruz's wife and father?
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Jul '16 15:39
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    sanders is a decent guy who is genuinely concerned about the future of the country.

ted cruz is a sleazy ashole who only thinks about himself. That being said, he did the right thing in not endorsing trump, though definitely not for the right reasons.
    Bernie is a left winged loon that wants to turn the US into Venezuela.

Ted is simply not sleezy enough to win the Oval Office.
  6. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    26 Jul '16 15:39

I'm fairly certain that Bernie said early and late in the stages he would NOT support her.
    But here's the other important issue.
    As much as I disagree with his position on a lot of topics, there isn't a complaint on the principles of Bernie Sanders.
    Well, there wasn't until this speech.
    It is an established FACT that the DNC conspired with Clinton the entire time in the run-up to the nomination.
    A truly principled man of the people would not say let's sweep it under the rug in the spirit of party unity.
    His 'revolution' was one in name only, if he gasses out at the absolute peak time to spark one!

Instead, he focuses on the single least important aspect of the nomination: we have a female candidate.
    Who the eff cares?
    As with Obama who was credited with being the first black president.
    Who cares?
    Was it seminal (ha) for the first gay football player?
    According to the press, YES!
    A thousand times: YES!
    And... then he was cut on account of not being good enough.
    Only those interested in quotas, of falsifying diversity make a big deal out of labels.
    The Facebook crowd lives for shiny toys, but thinking adults only want the best, most qualified to be in their positions.
    That Bernie can't see that his virtuous path qualified him eminently above Clinton is proof positive that he isn't qualified to lead.
    That he now wishes to crow about landmark moments instead of being concerned with finding the best?
    He is more irrelevant than ever before.
    Thankfully, she will never take office so he's even going to miss out on a plumb cabinet position.
    And now back to the same...
  7. Germany
    Moves
    26 Jul '16 15:57
    Like most decent human beings with at least a fleeting awareness of who Trump and Clinton are, Sanders knows that a Trump presidency would be worse than a Clinton presidency, so he supports Clinton. I think Sanders wouldn't like to be known as the guy who helped Trump get into the White House because he didn't urge his supporters to back Clinton instead. Were Clinton up against Kasich or even Cruz I doubt he would support Clinton as strongly as he has.
  8. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    26 Jul '16 16:20
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Like most decent human beings with at least a fleeting awareness of who Trump and Clinton are, Sanders knows that a Trump presidency would be worse than a Clinton presidency, so he supports Clinton. I think Sanders wouldn't like to be known as the guy who helped Trump get into the White House because he didn't urge his supporters to back Clinton instead ...[text shortened]... e Clinton up against Kasich or even Cruz I doubt he would support Clinton as strongly as he has.
    So it's only some decent human beings supporting Trump?
    Numbers say differently.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    26 Jul '16 16:31
    Like most decent human beings with at least a fleeting awareness of who Trump and Clinton are, Sanders knows that a Trump presidency would be worse than a Clinton presidency, so he supports Clinton. I think Sanders wouldn't like to be known as the guy who helped Trump get into the White House because he didn't urge his supporters to back Clinton instead ...[text shortened]... e Clinton up against Kasich or even Cruz I doubt he would support Clinton as strongly as he has.
    With Hillary, we get the best of both worlds as we saw her oversee things as Secretary of State.

Attack Libya and watch it devolve into an ISIS stronghold. (Benghazi, Benghazi, Benghazi!)

Not attack Syria and watch the immigrants flee to Europe as ISIS sends its army to attack them abroad and overwhelm the economy of Western Europe, causing Britain to flee the EU.

Just think what she can do for the US domestically.
  10. Germany
    Moves
    26 Jul '16 17:09
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Numbers say differently.
    What numbers are that?
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Jul '16 04:21
    I think he caved and you give him more credit than I do, but you could be right about Sanders.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    27 Jul '16 04:23
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Numbers say differently.
    What numbers? Who gets to say if one person is decent and another is not? Is it because
    of the one they support that you can tell, or you have some scale outside of who they
    support that lets us know who the decent human beings are?
  13. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Jul '16 09:35

Cruz has positioned himself to be the (maybe only in his own mind) presumed leader of his party once Trump loses the election and then self-destructs his credibility (not that he ever really had any) in the fit of pique we all know he'll throw.

Bernie understands that he has already pushed Hillary further to the left than she would have gone without him in the race. By insisting on placing certain planks in the party's platform (and even then, he certainly did not get all he wanted), the Democratic Party now has its most progressive platform ever. I think he's satisfied with the concessions he's gotten from Hillary, and he'll be even more satisfied when Trump loses the election.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Jul '16 09:39
    I think he caved and you give him more credit than I do, but you could be right about Sanders.
    There was no "caving". Bernie saw the handwriting on the wall. Hillary plainly got more votes than he did. He also understood that the Democratic Party had to come together to defeat Trump, and judging by the first two days of the DNC, I believe it has.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    27 Jul '16 09:40
    Originally posted by whodey
    With Hillary, we get the best of both worlds as we saw her oversee things as Secretary of State.

Attack Libya and watch it devolve into an ISIS stronghold. (Benghazi, Benghazi, Benghazi!)

Not attack Syria and watch the immigrants flee to Europe as ISIS sends its army to attack them abroad and overwhelm the economy of Western Europe, causing Britain to flee the EU.

Just think what she can do for the US domestically.
    This is stupid and is just blame-slinging.