Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    12 Feb '16 15:17
    "(CNSNews.com) - Socialist Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.) says he mostly agrees with President Obama, except when it comes to his deportation policies.

    "And I would not support those," Sanders said at Thursday's Democratic debate in Milwaukee. "Bottom line is a path towards citizenship for 11 million undocumented people. If Congress doesn't do the right thing, we use the executive orders of the president."
    http://www.cnsnews.com/news/article/susan-jones/sanders-advocates-path-citizenship-using-executive-orders-if-congress
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    12 Feb '16 15:18
    So more of the same with less deportations.

    Screw Congress. Why are they even there?
  3. Germany
    Joined
    27 Oct '08
    Moves
    3118
    12 Feb '16 15:32
    Sanders thinks the president should use the powers bestowed upon the presidency to effect policies he likes? What an outrage!
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    12 Feb '16 15:422 edits
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Sanders thinks the president should use the powers bestowed upon the presidency to effect policies he likes? What an outrage!
    Sanders has said this.

    “But I think what we need, when I talk about a political revolution, is bringing millions and millions of people into the political process, in a way that does not exist right now,” he said.

    How is making Executive Orders accomplishing this?

    Does Bernie Sanders want the mob to rule on immigration or does he want to do it for them?

    His positions seem incoherent.
  5. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39965
    12 Feb '16 18:382 edits
    Originally posted by whodey
    Sanders has said this.

    “But I think what we need, when I talk about a political revolution, is bringing millions and millions of people into the political process, in a way that does not exist right now,” he said.

    How is making Executive Orders accomplishing this?

    Does Bernie Sanders want the mob to rule on immigration or does he want to do it for them?

    His positions seem incoherent.
    It's quite coherent; he believes existing laws passed by Congress give the President wide latitude in immigration matters. Until and unless the SCOTUS says otherwise, he'd use those powers in a way he feels is best for the People who would have elected him.

    If the People think his position is wrong, they have the option of not voting for him. He isn't hiding it and most Americans agree there should be a path to citizenship even for "illegals".http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/politics/2015/12/18/poll-shows-americans-support-path-to-citizenship-for-people-in-us-illegally/
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    12 Feb '16 19:45
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    It's quite coherent; he believes existing laws passed by Congress give the President wide latitude in immigration matters. Until and unless the SCOTUS says otherwise, he'd use those powers in a way he feels is best for the People who would have elected him.

    If the People think his position is wrong, they have the option of not voting for him. He isn't ...[text shortened]... politics/2015/12/18/poll-shows-americans-support-path-to-citizenship-for-people-in-us-illegally/
    Bernie seems to be saying that the will of the people is being bypassed even though they supposedly have the power to vote for the said politicians.

    What is your take on that?
  7. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39965
    12 Feb '16 19:48
    Originally posted by whodey
    Bernie seems to be saying that the will of the people is being bypassed even though they supposedly have the power to vote for the said politicians.

    What is your take on that?
    There's where getting millions and millions more active in the political process comes in.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    12 Feb '16 20:011 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    There's where getting millions and millions more active in the political process comes in.
    So he thinks the political process is just fine then, but that there simply needs to be more voters?
  9. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39965
    12 Feb '16 20:201 edit
    Originally posted by whodey
    So he thinks the political process is just fine then, but that there simply needs to be more voters?
    https://berniesanders.com/issues/money-in-politics/

    http://feelthebern.org/bernie-sanders-on-political-and-electoral-reform/
Back to Top