Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    22 Nov '16 13:01
    YouTube

"Senator Bernie Sanders is not one for B.S., especially when it comes from the media. Which is why he was asked about his possibly 2020 presidential run for not-the-first time, he got a bit testy.

For the first couple of times he was asked, Senator Sanders gently rebuffed members of the media who inquired about his plans for 2020, telling them that it was a long way away and that he wouldn’t rule anything out.

Nevertheless, reporters chased the exciting headline and continued to question the Senator about his plans for the next four years.

Said Sanders:

“I think this is incredible, and I have to say this in all due respect. Are we ready? We haven’t inaugurated THIS president, and we are talking about 2020 because it’s easy to write about!”

So what does the Senator propose they talk about instead?

“What about talking about climate change and whether the planet survives? What about talking about income and wealth inequality, what about talking about youth unemployment in African-American communities of 30, 40 percent? What about talking about immigration reform, criminal justice reform? Those are the issues that the American people need to be engaged in.”
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    22 Nov '16 13:50
    I'm proud to have voted for that guy.
  3. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    22 Nov '16 14:46
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obH9P480CAM

"Senator Bernie Sanders is not one for B.S., especially when it comes from the media. Which is why he was asked about his possibly 2020 presidential run for not-the-first time, he got a bit testy.

For the first couple of times he was asked, Senator Sanders gently rebuffed members of the media who inquired ab ...[text shortened]... , criminal justice reform? Those are the issues that the American people need to be engaged in.”
    I watched that whole thing on C-SPAN and laughed out loud at that part. He also said a good bit about how Trump would find him to be an ally in fighting to bring back American jobs.
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    22 Nov '16 16:21
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    I watched that whole thing on C-SPAN and laughed out loud at that part. He also said a good bit about how Trump would find him to be an ally in fighting to bring back American jobs.
    you mean there is a politician that would be mature enough to work with the opposition rather than block their every proposal on principle? shocking.