Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 04 Aug '13 15:22 / 1 edit
    Many hours of entertainment and education:

http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpYU_yDp_ygSjU0gWnPIXaQ/videos

The news media hides these stories from us.
  2. 04 Aug '13 17:24
    Yeah, I bet airing some racist drivel would provide a much-needed boost to the mainstream news media's ratings.
  3. 04 Aug '13 18:48
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Yeah, I bet airing some racist drivel would provide a much-needed boost to the mainstream news media's ratings.
    It ain't racist if it's THE TRUTH.
    But the media hides it from the public.
    Because douches like you would act butt-hurt over it.
  4. 04 Aug '13 20:36
    Originally posted by KilgoreTrout15
    It ain't racist if it's THE TRUTH.
    But the media hides it from the public.
    Because douches like you would act butt-hurt over it.
    No, because airing racist drivel would be bad for ratings and the reputation of said media outlets. Fortunately there are still YouTube channels and internet forums where you can express and talk about your feelings towards people with a different skin tone.
  5. 04 Aug '13 21:04 / 1 edit
    No, because airing racist drivel would be bad for ratings and the reputation of said media outlets. Fortunately there are still YouTube channels and internet forums where you can express and talk about your feelings towards people with a different skin tone.
    Hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWAODbeP6hk&list=TLyNCZb-WKXMc

The rocket declared was A GREAT SUCCESS at the end....by The Commander Of The Congo Space Program....a moron
  6. 04 Aug '13 21:22
    Originally posted by KilgoreTrout15
    Hahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DWAODbeP6hk&list=TLyNCZb-WKXMc

The rocket declared was A GREAT SUCCESS at the end....by The Commander Of The Congo Space Program....a moron
    I can't possibly imagine why mainstream news outlets are ignoring the major story of one of the world's poorest countries spending $50k on a failed rocket launch.
  7. 04 Aug '13 21:24
    I can't possibly imagine why mainstream news outlets are ignoring the major story of one of the world's poorest countries spending $50k on a failed rocket launch.
    How about this?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8tRzM2tZFng

It's how the USA president would be living if his mother wasn't a libtard coal burning hose monster
  8. 05 Aug '13 03:13
    This is no more racist than the typical photo groups of Walmart shoppers. There are obviously lowlifes of all racial groups. That hardly makes that Youtube channel the best evar, but it does expose something that can't be ignored as if it didn't exist.
  9. 05 Aug '13 14:41
    Originally posted by normbenign
    This is no more racist than the typical photo groups of Walmart shoppers. There are obviously lowlifes of all racial groups. That hardly makes that Youtube channel the best evar, but it does expose something that can't be ignored as if it didn't exist.
    Unfortunately most people are idiots, so it won't be hard to find them among black people. It would be great if only some black people were idiots, but as KilgoreTrout so eloquently demonstrates, white people can be quite successful at failing as well.
  10. 05 Aug '13 18:39
    I've been thinking that regular posters on this site need theme songs. Here's my idea for KilgoreTrout15
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vNzz2VMWac
    Extremely not safe for work
  11. 05 Aug '13 19:53
    Unfortunately most people are idiots, so it won't be hard to find them among black people. It would be great if only some black people were idiots, but as KilgoreTrout so eloquently demonstrates, white people can be quite successful at failing as well.
    I don't want to be so cynical. Yeh, there are plenty of idiots, and others who just do idiotic things occasionally.

It doesn't help when we assign racism to those who point out the failings of others, and some are simply perceived failings. In the US, there are lots of white people trying to emulate some of the stuff on that youtube channel.
  12. 05 Aug '13 20:18
    I don't want to be so cynical. Yeh, there are plenty of idiots, and others who just do idiotic things occasionally.

It doesn't help when we assign racism to those who point out the failings of others, and some are simply perceived failings. In the US, there are lots of white people trying to emulate some of the stuff on that youtube channel.
    It helps even less if real problems are not solved because people are focusing on skin pigment rather than the real causes of problems in society (one of which is said focusing on skin pigment). Poverty and crime in minority neighbourhoods in the US don't go away by attempting to make fun of black people like a drooling imbecile.
  13. 06 Aug '13 03:25
    It helps even less if real problems are not solved because people are focusing on skin pigment rather than the real causes of problems in society (one of which is said focusing on skin pigment). Poverty and crime in minority neighbourhoods in the US don't go away by attempting to make fun of black people like a drooling imbecile.
    You live so far away from American racial ghettos, it might do you good to view some Poverty and crime in minority neighbourhoods in the US in person, and then make the following pronouncement.

"Poverty and crime in minority neighbourhoods in the US don't go away by attempting to make fun of black people like a drooling imbecile."

And it will not go away, as long as it doesn't get its fair share of the blame for failure to achieve and launch. Immigrant groups, minorities like Irish, Italians, and Jews had serious problems early on including drunkenness, filth, violence, and ignorance. Each group addressed these issues, instead of griping that they were false preconceptions. Of course they were stereotypes just as the perceptions of blacks are, but all that can be remedied only by the target group improving its image, not trying to pretend that the problems are a manifestation of racism.
  14. 06 Aug '13 05:52
    You live so far away from American racial ghettos, it might do you good to view some Poverty and crime in minority neighbourhoods in the US in person, and then make the following pronouncement.

"Poverty and crime in minority neighbourhoods in the US don't go away by attempting to make fun of black people like a drooling imbecile."

And it will not ...[text shortened]... improving its image, not trying to pretend that the problems are a manifestation of racism.
    I have never seen American racial ghettos (except on The Wire, insofar as its portrayal is accurate), but I have traveled around in Europe quite a bit. There no real poverty or crime in Finland, obviously. If you go further south you'll find some pretty depressing places in some of the more destitute banlieues in France. In Naples I felt like I was in a third world country - the contrast with a city like Milan is really stark. Anyway, this doesn't really have to do anything with my observation that racist abuse does not help solve poverty and crime. I never said that "the problems are a manifestation of racism" (not sure where you got that idea), and the idea that the only remedy is "the target group improving its image" seems rather bizarrely naive. Why don't you take a look at some of the more prosperous nations in Europe and ask why they have no significant problems with poverty or crime?
  15. 06 Aug '13 16:26
    I have never seen American racial ghettos (except on The Wire, insofar as its portrayal is accurate), but I have traveled around in Europe quite a bit. There no real poverty or crime in Finland, obviously. If you go further south you'll find some pretty depressing places in some of the more destitute banlieues in France. In Naples I felt like I was in a ...[text shortened]... us nations in Europe and ask why they have no significant problems with poverty or crime?
    Actually, the HBO series the Wire does give a very accurate portrayal of many facets of urban ghettos in America, by focusing on one Baltimore, MD. I don't believe anything in Europe is even close, not in the matter of poverty, but in the variety of dynamics that shape life in those ghettos and their politics.

If I misunderstood you, my apologies. Calling attention to the variety of cultural dysfunctions may in fact be "racist", but whining about it either by liberals, or by the offended group, doesn't undo the effects of the cultural dysfunctions.

Try listening to Dr. King, or Malcolm X, who both prescribed self improvement among blacks as not the "only" but the primary way to respect and improved reputation.

Take the video of the Section 8 house that was trashed by the tenant. I have a black friend who owns rental homes, and knows the story all too intimately. He may rent to 10 black tenants (section 8), and have problems with only 2 or 3 of them. That creates a reputation, that future tenants have to overcome, especially those that fit the general profile of the bad ones, the ones that cost him thousands of dollars to rehabilitate a house that was rented in prime condition.

The more prosperous nations of Europe, may have some things to observe, but most don't have the history or politics of the US. Many are in the process of finding or creating the type of ghettos we've had here for half of our history. Let's see how Germany or France handles the growing Islamic population which happens to also be an underclass economically. The UK has enormous problems of underclasses that aren't racial, but strictly economic. I don't know if copying Europe is the solution the US problems. Most of our history is based on eliminating problems we brought along from Europe.