Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    01 Apr '19 20:20
    @shavixmir said
    This is another thing that has to stop.

If someone grabs you inappripriately, report it via the official means.
    If someone’s found guilty. Clear.
    If not, there’s nothing to see. UNLESS:

You have evidence (like a film or a confession)... then yeah, nail the creep to the social media cross of judgement.

All these people who don’t report things and then blurt it out on social media, they’re getting on my tits.
    Nope.

I'm not saying a word until they run for political office or are appointed a judge.

I gonna be rich!
  2. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    01 Apr '19 20:35
    @vivify said
    Lmao.

NOTHING can bring Trump down. Not being caught laundering money, not having having a federal investigation deeming your renting practices racist, not being support by the KKK, not a video bragging about sexual assault, not his legendary stupidity, not even compulsive lying that his own supporters won't deny, not his numerous instances of hypocrisy, not bragging that ...[text shortened]... o Russian diplomats behind closed doors......

.......etc, etc.

Nothing can bring Trump down.
    Right, and why do you think that is?
    Don't you think I am right?
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    02 Apr '19 11:46
    @metal-brain said
    Right, and why do you think that is?
    Don't you think I am right?
    You said Trump is president because it would be "easy" for the "elites" to bring him down. Quite the opposite.
  4. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    02 Apr '19 11:46
    A second woman has come forward and accused Biden of improper touching:

https://www.thecut.com/2019/04/joe-biden-touching-allegation-amy-lappos.html

Still not surprised.
  5. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    02 Apr '19 12:34
    @vivify said
    You said Trump is president because it would be "easy" for the "elites" to bring him down. Quite the opposite.
    It would be if very easy if they wanted to. Trump is being an obedient puppet. No reason to bring him down. He is doing everything Dr. Evil Kissinger is telling him to.

You are as wrong as wrong can be.
  6. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    02 Apr '19 13:13
    @metal-brain said
    It would be if very easy if they wanted to. Trump is being an obedient puppet. No reason to bring him down. He is doing everything Dr. Evil Kissinger is telling him to.

You are as wrong as wrong can be.
    Trump is certainly being obedient to his corporate masters, but he has often gone rogue against the wishes of the Republicans. He does so on a whim, and no scandal seems able to bring him down if he keeps going rogue. Not campaign finance violations to cover up his illicit affairs, not complimenting murderous dictators as doing a "great job", not numerous embarrassing verbal gaffes......
  7. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    02 Apr '19 14:13
    @vivify said
    Trump is certainly being obedient to his corporate masters, but he has often gone rogue against the wishes of the Republicans. He does so on a whim, and no scandal seems able to bring him down if he keeps going rogue. Not campaign finance violations to cover up his illicit affairs, not complimenting murderous dictators as doing a "great job", not numerous embarrassing verbal gaffes......
    The elites are getting more of the wealth they want and foreign policy is unchanged. They own the corporate news media and they influence people with their propaganda so they can keep invading and covertly overthrowing countries to install puppet governments.

Look at the evil stuff Reagan did and he had an even worse scandal to deal with, but the news media stopped paying attention to the negative and Reagan became one of the most popular presidents in recent history. The elites will do the same thing for DJT if he keeps playing ball. That is how the highest level of organized crime works. Kissinger is wanted for crimes in at least 2 countries and he was never extradited. He also got the peace prize.

Anybody familiar with Dr. Evil Kissinger's history knows he, Reagan, GW Bush and others like them are above the law. The elites own this country. They decide who the law applies to and who is doesn't. Caspar Weinberger was pardoned by GHW Bush. See how it works?

https://foreignpolicy.com/2013/08/26/exclusive-cia-files-prove-america-helped-saddam-as-he-gassed-iran/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iran%E2%80%93Contra_affair
  8. Joined
    15 Dec '03
    Moves
    02 Apr '19 19:45
    @vivify said
    https://www.npr.org/2019/03/29/708232869/former-nevada-candidate-accuses-biden-of-unwanted-touching-which-he-doesnt-recal

In probably the least surprising addition to #MeToo, Joe Biden starts his campaign off with a bang.
    https://joebiden.info/
  9. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    06 Apr '19 10:26
    @sonhouse said
    It's funny how co-incidental those charges are to Biden's run for POTUS. Suspicious?
    Almost like someone appointed him the supreme court or something!
  10. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    06 Apr '19 12:43
    democrats weaponized everything, now it is human interaction. My guess is orourks team is behing this.
  11. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    06 Apr '19 17:091 edit
    @mott-the-hoople said
    democrats weaponized everything, now it is human interaction. My guess is orourks team is behing this.
    I think they have taken the lead on such things, but its larger than just the Democrats, the Republicans are not far behind. Reason being regardless what party we are in the world is becoming a culture of victimhood, where the more people profess they are hurt the larger/greater their voice is. Every little thing can become an offence and it isn't limited to one party over another, it isn't even limited to one party against another. People are simply biting and devouring one another period, in my opinion.
  12. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    06 Apr '19 17:25
    @duchess64 said
    It does not surprise me at all that many prominent men have 'histories' with women or girls.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/mar/31/warren-castro-biden-accuser

"Biden denies inappropriate behavior after claim he kissed Nevada lawmaker"

"Biden approached her [Lucy Flores] from behind at a campaign event in November 2014,
    placed his hands on her shoulders, ...[text shortened]... of his vulnerable patients.
    Unlike what I naively assumed at that time, I was most likely not alone
    I'm very sorry for what happen to you, that was a horrible thing to endure! It boils my blood that someone in a position of trust would abuse it like that!

There was a guy in a church we used to attend that we trusted, we would have left our kids with that family the trust was so high. He was abusing his step daughter, his lies to her put her in a place where she didn't come forward. Her mom picked up on she didn't want to be alone with him anymore, but she never told her mom why. Her mom and he were eating out and she asked him about why, not realizing the answer she was going to get, he confessed. I guess his guilt was eating him up.

When she found out she had him arrested, she asked for help and we and several others had her completely moved out of the home in under 30 minutes. He spent a year in jail, but he was allowed to go to work, then go to jail so he wouldn't lose his job. I don't think people who abuse children or women get the punishment they should. I'm getting mad all over again just thinking about it.
  13. Zugzwang
    Moves
    06 Apr '19 17:344 edits
    @kellyjay said
    I'm very sorry for what happen to you, that was a horrible thing to endure! It boils my blood that someone in a position of trust would abuse it like that!

There was a guy in a church we used to attend that we trusted, we would have left our kids with that family the trust was so high. He was abusing his step daughter, his lies to her put her in a place where she didn't c ...[text shortened]... dren or women get the punishment they should. I'm getting mad all over again just thinking about it.
    Thanks for your sympathy.
    Given the 'thumbs down' (four so far) to my post, I wondered if people (most likely men)
    disbelieved what I wrote or did not think that there was anything wrong with a
    man in authority abusing his authority over a child, at least if I was that child.

Here's another doctor:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Nassar

"he was accused of molesting at least 250 girls and young women and 1 young
    man including a number of well-known Olympic gymnasts"

I did not choose my doctor. My parents chose him. So if I had dared to complain,
    my parents would have rejected it because they would have felt that I was blaming them.
    My parents wondered why I kept making excuses not to go to future appointments.
    When I dared to say that I felt uncomfortable with that doctor, they considered me
    irrationally willful and told me that everyone else thought that he's a good doctor.

Adults who abuse children can be widely respected or admired in all other ways.
    My advice to parents is that if your child keeps making excuses to avoid an adult,
    you should encourage that child to explain exactly why.
  14. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    06 Apr '19 18:091 edit
    @duchess64 said
    Thanks for your expression of sympathy.
    Given the 'thumbs down' (four so far) to my post, I wondered if people (most likely men)
    disbelieved what I wrote or did not think that there was anything wrong with a
    man in authority abusing his authority over a child, at least if I was that child.

Here's another doctor:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Larry_Nassar

"he was a ...[text shortened]... ild keeps making excuses to avoid an adult,
    you should encourage that child to explain exactly why.
    I believe you, and I think the scary thing is many don't! I don't know why, maybe the thought someone that respected could be that corrupt! It is double edged, people can be accused of things they didn't do, and they can be believed while denying what they actually did.

Either way, I'm sorry, I do believe you! Just so you and everyone else knows I thumbed up that post!
  15. Zugzwang
    Moves
    06 Apr '19 18:282 edits
    @kellyjay said
    I believe you, and I think the scary thing is many don't! I don't know why, maybe the thought someone that respected could be that corrupt! It is double edged, people can be accused of things they didn't do, and they can be believed while denying what they actually did.

Either way, I'm sorry, I do believe you! Just so you and everyone else knows I thumbed up that post!
    I hoped to bring awareness to a too common problem, not to accuse anyone in particular.
    I have no interest now in pursuing anything against that doctor for what happened.
    I have made my peace with it. It's better that way than to dwell upon it.

It happened at a time when men in authority felt entitled to touch (sometimes more)
    women and girls without asking for their consent. So I can take that into account
    and partially forgive him for acting like many men then were encouraged to act.
    But he went further than the 'normal' unwanted touching that I had experienced.