Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    06 Apr '19 23:382 edits
    @duchess64 said
    I hoped to bring awareness to a too common problem, not to accuse anyone in particular.
    I have no interest now in pursuing anything against that doctor for what happened.
    I have made my peace with it. It's better that way than to dwell upon it.

It happened at a time when men in authority felt entitled to touch (sometimes more)
    women and girls without asking for their ...[text shortened]... encouraged to act.
    But he went further than the 'normal' unwanted touching that I had experienced.
    We have kids a couple of girls, it is something I'm always concern about. We played a game when they were growing up. (Who is in charge of your body) I'd ask them if I could hold them upside down and tickle them, they would say no, I'm in charge of my body. We tried to drill into them we didn't care who it was, me or anyone else who wanted them to do anything against their will, they could say "No, I'm charge of my body!" Our son too, and I'm sorry to say my father in-law not meaning anything bad asked my son for a hug, my son said no. My father in-law said okay I'm was going to buy you donuts. I looked at him and told my son, I'll buy you donuts you never have to do anything against your will. This shocked my father in-law at first then he said he was sorry as he saw the wisdom of it.

We have to teach them at a young age they are allowed to draw the limits. This was after that one story I just told you.
  2. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    07 Apr '19 00:43
    @kellyjay said
    We have kids a couple of girls, it is something I'm always concern about. We played a game when they were growing up. (Who is in charge of your body) I'd ask them if I could hold them upside down and tickle them, they would say no, I'm in charge of my body. We tried to drill into them we didn't care who it was, me or anyone else who wanted them to do anything against their w ...[text shortened]... m at a young age they are allowed to draw the limits. This was after that one story I just told you.
    you cant be serious.
  3. Standard memberHandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    At the edge
    Moves
    07 Apr '19 03:45
    @mott-the-hoople said
    you cant be serious.
    YouTube
  4. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    07 Apr '19 04:13
    @duchess64 said
    I hoped to bring awareness to a too common problem, not to accuse anyone in particular.
    I have no interest now in pursuing anything against that doctor for what happened.
    I have made my peace with it. It's better that way than to dwell upon it.

It happened at a time when men in authority felt entitled to touch (sometimes more)
    women and girls without asking for their ...[text shortened]... encouraged to act.
    But he went further than the 'normal' unwanted touching that I had experienced.
    "I'm automatically attracted to beautiful [women]—I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything ... Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything." -- Donald J. Trump
  5. Zugzwang
    Moves
    07 Apr '19 04:23
    @suzianne said
    "I'm automatically attracted to beautiful [women]—I just start kissing them. It's like a magnet. Just kiss. I don't even wait. And when you're a star they let you do it. You can do anything ... Grab them by the pussy. You can do anything." -- Donald J. Trump
    I have been suddenly grabbed and kissed without my consent.
    My response was to freeze and wait until he got tired of kissing an inert body.
  6. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    07 Apr '19 11:01
    @mott-the-hoople said
    you cant be serious.
    Excuse me?
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '10
    Moves
    07 Apr '19 12:32
    @mott-the-hoople said
    you cant be serious.
    You are state of the art idiot
  8. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    07 Apr '19 15:27
    @mott-the-hoople said
    yeah I remeber you said the same thing when all those women started accusing Trump when he was campaigning.
    Yes! And it was wrong.

Well, until trump admitted to it... thst pretty much is the nail in one’s abuser’s coffin.
  9. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    07 Apr '19 15:30
    @duchess64 said
    It does not surprise me at all that many prominent men have 'histories' with women or girls.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2019/mar/31/warren-castro-biden-accuser

"Biden denies inappropriate behavior after claim he kissed Nevada lawmaker"

"Biden approached her [Lucy Flores] from behind at a campaign event in November 2014,
    placed his hands on her shoulders, ...[text shortened]... of his vulnerable patients.
    Unlike what I naively assumed at that time, I was most likely not alone
    Jesus.
    That’s truly horrible.
    Very strong of you to talk about something like that publically. It must have been awful.

Kuddo’s for opening up and giving people a real life example of what it’s like.
  10. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    07 Apr '19 15:33
    @kellyjay said
    I'm very sorry for what happen to you, that was a horrible thing to endure! It boils my blood that someone in a position of trust would abuse it like that!

There was a guy in a church we used to attend that we trusted, we would have left our kids with that family the trust was so high. He was abusing his step daughter, his lies to her put her in a place where she didn't c ...[text shortened]... dren or women get the punishment they should. I'm getting mad all over again just thinking about it.
    Absolutely horrendous.
    I mean, not only the abuse, but the betrayel of trust in such a position.

Bastards.
  11. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    07 Apr '19 15:36
    @mott-the-hoople said
    you cant be serious.
    Perhaps it’s best you stick to replying to political threads. I mean, I can’t believe I’m actually saying this, but I’d rather hear your stupidity on subjects less personal.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Apr '19 15:552 edits
    @kazetnagorra said
    Yikes. Maybe Biden can still challenge Trump in the Republican primary?
    About the only place for Biden is the GOP.

The reason is, he is old school, white, wealthy, and old. These are all things that Left wingers detest. In addition, he is not as nasty as the new liberals like AOC and the other anti-Semite that is the new face of the DNC.

It's all 100% vitriol and hate now.
  13. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    07 Apr '19 19:12
    @whodey said
    About the only place for Biden is the GOP.

The reason is, he is old school, white, wealthy, and old. These are all things that Left wingers detest. In addition, he is not as nasty as the new liberals like AOC and the other anti-Semite that is the new face of the DNC.

It's all 100% vitriol and hate now.
    There is a lot of hate being generated on both sides now I'm afraid. It does seem like if you are not hateful to the other side *whatever side that is* you will be blasted by someone on your own side. Biden was called out just for saying Pence was a nice guy, shame it has gotten so bad even being nice is seen as something wrong.
  14. Zugzwang
    Moves
    07 Apr '19 19:24
    @kellyjay said
    There is a lot of hate being generated on both sides now I'm afraid. It does seem like if you are not hateful to the other side *whatever side that is* you will be blasted by someone on your own side. Biden was called out just for saying Pence was a nice guy, shame it has gotten so bad even being nice is seen as something wrong.
    (KellyJay replied to Whodey.)

I know some people whom I find personally nice even though they have some beliefs that I find abhorrent.
  15. Zugzwang
    Moves
    07 Apr '19 19:36
    @shavixmir said
    Jesus.
    That’s truly horrible.
    Very strong of you to talk about something like that publically. It must have been awful.

Kuddo’s for opening up and giving people a real life example of what it’s like.
    The 'Me too' movement has made it slightly easier (or less shameful) to speak out.

It's not that unusual for girls (or boys) to be pushed into something sexual
    (to varying extents) when they don't expect it or were not ready for it.
    These unwanted early experiences may influence how one's sexuality develops,
    perhaps also one's sense of oneself as a woman or a man.

It's normal to cope by repressing such an experience. Sometimes I can recall
    the original sense of violation, however, and I feel like crying or screaming again.
    What I mean is that our experiences don't go away, even when we consciously attempt to ignore them.
    Our experiences become a part of who are we are.