Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    22 Jun '19 05:51
    It is true.

https://newspunch.com/joe-biden-blacks-segregated-whites-1975/

...but on the PBS newshour Mark Shields and David Brooks talked about how Biden met with segregationists and defended it by saying you have to talk to elected representatives. They never once mentioned that Joe Biden is a segregationist himself!

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/show/shields-and-brooks-on-trumps-iran-decision-biden-segregationist-comments

Are Mark Shields, David Brooks and Judy Woodruff all unaware of this fact or is it intentional propaganda by omission?
  2. Germany
    Moves
    22 Jun '19 10:47
    Joe Biden is not a segregationist, don't be an idiot.
  3. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    22 Jun '19 11:32
    @kazetnagorra said
    LOL...and this is the front runner. You just cant make this s hit up
  4. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    22 Jun '19 12:41
    @kazetnagorra said
    Biden voted for segregation. His voting record proves it.
    You are the idiot!
  5. Germany
    Moves
    22 Jun '19 12:47
    @metal-brain said
    Biden voted for segregation. His voting record proves it.
    You are the idiot!
    In the mid-1970s Biden opposed desegregation busing (not desegregation). I also oppose that practice and I am not a segregationist.
  6. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    22 Jun '19 13:24
    @kazetnagorra said
    In the mid-1970s Biden opposed desegregation busing (not desegregation). I also oppose that practice and I am not a segregationist.
    Wrong!

In 1975, Biden opposed the federally mandated busing policy designed to end segregation in schools.

7. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    22 Jun '19 13:271 edit
    @metal-brain said
    Wrong!

In 1975, Biden opposed the federally mandated busing policy designed to end segregation in schools.

Do you even listen to yourself?

How is what KN said "wrong", based on what you just said here?

You're agreeing with him.
  8. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    22 Jun '19 13:37
    @suzianne said

Can't you read properly? Read the sentence in the previous post. What did Biden oppose?
  9. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    22 Jun '19 13:50
    From the link below:
    "In September 1975, Biden supported an anti-busing amendment to a federal bill. It was proposed by Sen. Jesse Helms of North Carolina, a segregationist until at least the 1960s and regarded by most to be a racist. Delighted by Biden's shift, Helms welcomed him "to the ranks of the enlightened."

"Biden also supported an anti-busing amendment by Sen. Robert Byrd, a senator from West Virginia and a Democrat who had renounced his racist past, which included being a recruiter for the Ku Klux Klan and rising to the title of kleagle and exalted cyclops of his local chapter."

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/politics/joe-biden-embraced-segregation-in-1975-claiming-it-was-a-matter-of-black-pride

Some people are in denial. Biden is a segregationist.
    Here is another excerpt:

"Tom Atkins, a Boston NAACP leader, said in March 1975 that opposing busing was racist: "An anti-busing amendment is an anti-desegregation amendment, and an anti-desegregation amendment is an anti-black amendment."

Tom Atkins pretty much called Biden a racist.
  10. Germany
    Moves
    22 Jun '19 14:01
    @metal-brain said
    From the link below:
    "In September 1975, Biden supported an anti-busing amendment to a federal bill. It was proposed by Sen. Jesse Helms of North Carolina, a segregationist until at least the 1960s and regarded by most to be a racist. Delighted by Biden's shift, Helms welcomed him "to the ranks of the enlightened."

"Biden also supported an anti-busing amendment by Se ...[text shortened]... segregation amendment is an anti-black amendment."

Tom Atkins pretty much called Biden a racist.
    In the mid-1970s Biden opposed desegregation busing (not desegregation). If you have evidence that Biden supports segregation, present it.

In this case the racists who also opposed desegregation busing were right for the wrong reasons.
  11. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    23 Jun '19 06:59
    @kazetnagorra said
    In the mid-1970s Biden opposed desegregation busing (not desegregation). If you have evidence that Biden supports segregation, present it.

In this case the racists who also opposed desegregation busing were right for the wrong reasons.
    Dude, you make no sense. Opposing desegregation is the same as supporting segregation.

I already posted my evidence in my previous post. Biden voted to keep segregation. That makes him a segregationist. If you accept segregationists are racist then Biden is a racist.

Remember when Biden complimented Obama by calling him "clean". Didn't one of the black lawmakers take offense to that statement? It all makes sense now, doesn't it?

Biden is a racist.
  12. Germany
    Moves
    23 Jun '19 07:41
    @metal-brain said
    Dude, you make no sense. Opposing desegregation is the same as supporting segregation.

I already posted my evidence in my previous post. Biden voted to keep segregation. That makes him a segregationist. If you accept segregationists are racist then Biden is a racist.

Remember when Biden complimented Obama by calling him "clean". Didn't one of the black lawmakers take offense to that statement? It all makes sense now, doesn't it?

Biden is a racist.
    In the mid-1970s Biden opposed desegregation busing (not desegregation).
  13. Zugzwang
    Moves
    23 Jun '19 08:161 edit
    @suzianne said

Suzianne replied to MetalBrain.

Suzianne's unfair in ridiculing MetalBrain's criticism of KazetNagorra's post,
    which had more than one assertion.

MetalBrain agreed with KazetNagorra about a fact of how Joe Biden voted.

MetalBrain disagreed with KazetNagorra's interpretation that
    Joe Biden's voting record did not make him a segregationist.
  14. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    23 Jun '19 08:411 edit
    @kazetnagorra said
    What is the difference? Segregation is segregation. Biden is going to have to explain his voting record and his horrible comments on the issue. This will come up in the debates. If Tulsi Gabbard doesn't bring it up Marianne Williamson will.

YouTube
  15. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    23 Jun '19 09:39
    @kazetnagorra said
    You can't keep saying that without explaining why it's substantially (or in the slightest) better.