Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    14770
    05 Aug '18 14:52
    Susan McDougal's pardon came just one day after the Whitewater investigation was closed down under a deal in which Clinton gave up his law license and admitted make false testimony under oath in the Monica Lewinsky in return for prosecutor agreeing not to indict him.
    The reason Clinton pardoned her the day after the investigation was over is because if he had done that before the investigation ended Susan would not be able to plead the 5th.
    James McDougal, also was convicted at the same trial but took a markedly different path. He chose to cooperate with Starr's office and implicated the Clintons in wrongdoing before his sudden death in prison.

    Don't cooperate and you get pardoned, cooperate and you die. Where are the conspiracy theories about that?

    Did Susan McDougal deserve a pardon? Was there medical neglect of James McDougal in prison?
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52856
    05 Aug '18 15:14
    Originally posted by @metal-brain
    Susan McDougal's pardon came just one day after the Whitewater investigation was closed down under a deal in which Clinton gave up his law license and admitted make false testimony under oath in the Monica Lewinsky in return for prosecutor agreeing not to indict him.
    The reason Clinton pardoned her the day after the investigation was over is because i ...[text shortened]...

    Did Susan McDougal deserve a pardon? Was there medical neglect of James McDougal in prison?
    So you bring up old stories to do what? Distract in your own little way the lies and attacks on our democracy by Trump? Are we supposed to now just think things are so weird, any news is not to be believed because Trump has so divided the country people don't know left from right or dark from light any more?
  3. Behind the scenes
    Joined
    27 Jun '16
    Moves
    1407
    05 Aug '18 16:422 edits
    Originally posted by @metal-brain
    Susan McDougal's pardon came just one day after the Whitewater investigation was closed down under a deal in which Clinton gave up his law license and admitted make false testimony under oath in the Monica Lewinsky in return for prosecutor agreeing not to indict him.
    The reason Clinton pardoned her the day after the investigation was over is because i ...[text shortened]...

    Did Susan McDougal deserve a pardon? Was there medical neglect of James McDougal in prison?
    Don't cooperate and you get pardoned, cooperate and you die. Where are the conspiracy theories about that?

    Did Susan McDougal deserve a pardon? Was there medical neglect of James McDougal in prison?



    Nice pivot, but you're leaving out a few little details. Ken Starr investigated the Clintons for 4 years on Whitewater and the only thing he could dig up was Bills jumping into bed with Monica Lewinsky. Here we are in 2018 only 15 months into special counsel Robert Mueller's investigation of Trump and we already have 5 guilty pleas, 1 person in jail, scores of indictments, and a sitting President contradicting his own justice dept. about Russian interference in our election process. That's just the legal side skippy, you're conveniently leaving out Trump's jumping into the feathers with playmates and porn stars, and multiple shell companies set up to funnel hush $$ to these women, not to mention rolling out the welcome mat to high ranking Russians to come on in to the oval office so our Pres. could present them with our most valued top secret intel. that people risked their lives to obtain. Bill Clinton was no saint, but as a criminal, he was small time compared to the Trumpster.

    P.S. As far a the McDougals go, the Trumpster loves to brag about how smart he is, and how he knows to use the law to his advantage, well Bill Clinton does too. The only difference is Bill didn't brag as much, so it looks like the Trumpster isn't the only smart guy out there. 😲
  4. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    14770
    05 Aug '18 18:50
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    So you bring up old stories to do what? Distract in your own little way the lies and attacks on our democracy by Trump? Are we supposed to now just think things are so weird, any news is not to be believed because Trump has so divided the country people don't know left from right or dark from light any more?
    I did it to point out partisan hypocrisy. Thanks for proving my point. 😏
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52856
    05 Aug '18 18:56
    Originally posted by @metal-brain
    I did it to point out partisan hypocrisy. Thanks for proving my point. 😏
    Nice deflection still. Why don't you attack Trump like you do democrats? I don't see much in the way of attacks on any republican and yet you claim you didn't vote for Trump. I wonder if you voted at all? Or maybe libertarian?
  6. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    14770
    05 Aug '18 19:02
    Originally posted by @mchill
    Don't cooperate and you get pardoned, cooperate and you die. Where are the conspiracy theories about that?

    Did Susan McDougal deserve a pardon? Was there medical neglect of James McDougal in prison?



    Nice pivot, but you're leaving out a few little details. Ken Starr investigated the Clintons for 4 years on Whitewater and the only thing he could dig ...[text shortened]... Bill didn't brag as much, so it looks like the Trumpster isn't the only smart guy out there. 😲
    You think Trump's sex scandals are worse than Bill Clinton? That is pure partisan bias.

    You are also overlooking something. Ken Starr had much more flexibility and job security than Mueller does. He and Walsh were appointed under a law passed after Watergate that protected the independent counsel from being fired at the president’s behest, but that law expired in 1999. Under the terms of Mueller’s position as special counsel within the Department of Justice, straying from the issues he was charged with investigating could be grounds for dismissal. Mueller has to be really careful and focused in a way that Ken Starr didn’t,so that reduces the likelihood of a Whitewater-style situation.

    Your wet dreams of a Trump impeachment is an uphill battle. Besides, Bill Clinton was obviously a crooked POS. You still have a partisan urge to defend him though, don't you?
  7. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    14770
    05 Aug '18 19:061 edit
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    Nice deflection still. Why don't you attack Trump like you do democrats? I don't see much in the way of attacks on any republican and yet you claim you didn't vote for Trump. I wonder if you voted at all? Or maybe libertarian?
    I do. I condemned him for bombing Syria, remember? I condemned him for his unreasonable position with North Korea in regards to the joint military drills. I have called him an ignorant moron and a liar.
    I also created a thread about Oliver North that is very unfavorable to him and Reagan both. I am not a partisan creature like you, I am a person that hates hypocrisy.

    Isn't that enough for you?
  8. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39965
    05 Aug '18 23:14
    Originally posted by @metal-brain
    Susan McDougal's pardon came just one day after the Whitewater investigation was closed down under a deal in which Clinton gave up his law license and admitted make false testimony under oath in the Monica Lewinsky in return for prosecutor agreeing not to indict him.
    The reason Clinton pardoned her the day after the investigation was over is because i ...[text shortened]...

    Did Susan McDougal deserve a pardon? Was there medical neglect of James McDougal in prison?
    Your theory is counterfactual; Susan McDougal was still in prison when her husband died and faced serious additional charges that she was eventually acquitted of. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Susan_McDougal
  9. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    14770
    06 Aug '18 00:42
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    Your theory is counterfactual; Susan McDougal was still in prison when her husband died and faced serious additional charges that she was eventually acquitted of. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Susan_McDougal
    Did I say she was not in prison when he died? Nope. They were both convicted at the same trial. What does that have to do with anything anyway?
    She only served 3½ months of a two-year prison term for her four felony convictions before a federal judge released her because of a back problem.
    She defied a judge's order to answer Whitewater prosecutor's questions before a federal grand jury and was returned to jail for 18 months for civil contempt.
    Frustrated she still wasn't cooperating, Starr's office decided to prosecute McDougal for criminal contempt for obstructing the grand jury probe. The jury deadlocked, and prosecutors decided not to retry her.
  10. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39965
    06 Aug '18 00:55
    Originally posted by @metal-brain
    Did I say she was not in prison when he died? Nope. They were both convicted at the same trial. What does that have to do with anything anyway?
    She only served 3½ months of a two-year prison term for her four felony convictions before a federal judge released her because of a back problem.
    She defied a judge's order to answer Whitewater prosecutor's ...[text shortened]... obstructing the grand jury probe. The jury deadlocked, and prosecutors decided not to retry her.
    MB: The reason Clinton pardoned her the day after the investigation was over is because if he had done that before the investigation ended Susan would not be able to plead the 5th.

    So you admit this assertion is incorrect. In point of fact, Clinton pardoned her that day (along with 139 others) because it was his last day in office.
  11. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    14770
    06 Aug '18 01:10
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    MB: The reason Clinton pardoned her the day after the investigation was over is because if he had done that before the investigation ended Susan would not be able to plead the 5th.

    So you admit this assertion is incorrect. In point of fact, Clinton pardoned her that day (along with 139 others) because it was his last day in office.
    Are you saying both cannot be true?
  12. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39965
    06 Aug '18 04:49
    Originally posted by @metal-brain
    Are you saying both cannot be true?
    I'm saying your assertion isn't true; Susan McDougal was no longer in any legal peril from the Starr investigation after they tried and failed to convict her of criminal contempt.
  13. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    14770
    06 Aug '18 11:43
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    I'm saying your assertion isn't true; Susan McDougal was no longer in any legal peril from the Starr investigation after they tried and failed to convict her of criminal contempt.
    Dates?
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    06 Aug '18 12:241 edit
    Originally posted by @metal-brain
    Susan McDougal's pardon came just one day after the Whitewater investigation was closed down under a deal in which Clinton gave up his law license and admitted make false testimony under oath in the Monica Lewinsky in return for prosecutor agreeing not to indict him.
    The reason Clinton pardoned her the day after the investigation was over is because i ...[text shortened]...

    Did Susan McDougal deserve a pardon? Was there medical neglect of James McDougal in prison?
    The DNC owns the court system. Had these people been conservatives they all would have gone to jail.

    There is no justice.

    It's like the IRS and Hillary. They can lie and break the law and destroy their computers with impunity, all the while their e-mails are "forever lost" as everyone else has their e-mails forever catalogues with the NSA.
  15. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39965
    06 Aug '18 13:00
    Originally posted by @whodey
    The DNC owns the court system. Had these people been conservatives they all would have gone to jail.

    There is no justice.

    It's like the IRS and Hillary. They can lie and break the law and destroy their computers with impunity, all the while their e-mails are "forever lost" as everyone else has their e-mails forever catalogues with the NSA.
    It's terrible the persecution of conservatives in a country where they control all three branches of the Federal government and the majority of State Executives and legislatures. When, oh when, will their chains be lifted?

    Here's a fun test: name the last right winger who did 22 months in Federal prison like Susan McDougal did.
Back to Top