Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    09 Jul '10 17:43
    Which movement is larger?

Which movement is more insidious?

Which movement is crazier?

Discuss.
  2. 09 Jul '10 17:48
    i forget, what's a Truther?
  3. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    09 Jul '10 17:57 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    i forget, what's a Truther?
    9/11 was plotted and executed by the CIA/Mossad/Bush/whatever and Mohammed Atta and Co were just a bunch of patsies. Flight 93 was shot down or was diverted to a secret island where the people and crew were disposed of while a missile landed in Shanksville, etc., etc.
  4. 09 Jul '10 18:04
    aren't McKinney (and by extension, no1m) Truthers?
  5. 09 Jul '10 18:08
    Originally posted by sh76

Discuss.
    A side, but related point...

The prominent Liberal blog Dailykos.com has made posting 9-11 conspiracy theories an offense that can result in banishment.

How do sites like, say, freerepublic.com feel about birther conspiracies?
  6. Standard member MacSwain
    Who is John Galt?
    09 Jul '10 18:11

Discuss.
    Enough already - Please. Having a slow day are we?
  7. 09 Jul '10 18:17

Discuss.
    how can you accurately measure the size of such movements?

why do you ask "which is crazier?"? its obvious that none of them are crazy, on the contrary they just have uncovered truths which the general population find hard to digest.
  8. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    09 Jul '10 18:48
    Originally posted by USArmyParatrooper
    A side, but related point...

The prominent Liberal blog Dailykos.com has made posting 9-11 conspiracy theories an offense that can result in banishment.

How do sites like, say, freerepublic.com feel about birther conspiracies?
    freerepublic is not a conservative blog. It's a nut blog.

Conservative blogs comparable to Dailykos would be redstate or Drudge or Michelle Malkin
  9. 09 Jul '10 18:57
    "obama social security number" gets zero related hits on Google News (but a lot of unrelated dross).

but try it on www.google.com, hoo boy!
  10. 09 Jul '10 19:01
    It's something of a cultural phenomenon. Perhaps it has something to do with the poor educational standard in the U.S.
  11. 09 Jul '10 20:28
    freerepublic is not a conservative blog. It's a nut blog.

Conservative blogs comparable to Dailykos would be redstate or Drudge or Michelle Malkin
    I have seen the birther crap being pushed on redstate and the Drudge, don't know about Michelle Malkin.

Also, many on the right characterize Dailykos as a leftwing "nut" site.
  12. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    10 Jul '10 12:01
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    aren't McKinney (and by extension, no1m) Truthers?
    I have no idea what McKinney's position is but I certainly am not a Truther (though I do wonder if Flight 93 was shot down to prevent it from getting into Washington airspace).
  13. 10 Jul '10 12:32
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    I have no idea what McKinney's position is but I certainly am not a Truther (though I do wonder if Flight 93 was shot down to prevent it from getting into Washington airspace).
    I have similar questions about flight 93 but have not made my mind up about it.

For the record, I am not a "truther" nor am I "birther". I question this whole SSN# thing though.
    So, I guess I am a "SSN#er"
  14. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    10 Jul '10 12:39 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    I have similar questions about flight 93 but have not made my mind up about it.

For the record, I am not a "truther" nor am I "birther". I question this whole SSN# thing though.
    So, I guess I am a "SSN#er"
    The ssn thing is just the latest conspiracy theory being pushed by Birthers and other purveyors of political mischief who like to apply electrodes to simple minded right wingers' Oeufs d'Outrage.
  15. 10 Jul '10 12:43 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    The ssn thing is just the latest conspiracy theory being pushed by Birthers and other purveyors of political mischief who like to apply electrodes to simple minded right wingers' Oeufs d'Outrage.
    I would not say "simple minded".
    I feel like you have to question these things. And it is healthy to have an distrust for the government and the people in power.