Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    07 Apr '15 11:43
    http://www.washingtonweeklynews.com/unintended-consequences-black-bakery-owner-loses-lawsuit-forced-to-bake-racist-kkk-cake/#

It appears that a black who owned a bakery was forced by a court to make a hate filled cake for the KKK.

Beware of what you wish for libs.

This could get fun. I think Jews should now go into a Muslim bakery and demand a wedding cake.

I have declared a wedding cake jihad. We should all be made to cater to those we hate in order bring the world a little closer, minus the pile of bodies that will line the streets as a result of forcing Muslims to love their enemies, but I think that is only common sense.
  2. Subscriberkmax87
    Land of Free
    Health and Education
    Moves
    07 Apr '15 11:49
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://www.washingtonweeklynews.com/unintended-consequences-black-bakery-owner-loses-lawsuit-forced-to-bake-racist-kkk-cake/#

It appears that a black who owned a bakery was forced by a court to make a hate filled cake for the KKK.

This could get fun. I think Jews should now go into a Muslim bakery and demand a weddi ...[text shortened]... ets as a result of forcing Muslims to love their enemies, but I think that is only common sense.
    ....why would a black need to be 'forced' to make a 'hate filled cake' for the KKK. I would have thought the hate filling would be complimentary.
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    07 Apr '15 11:52
    Don't think I'd want to eat any of that cake there might be some extra ingredients in it.
  4. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    07 Apr '15 12:35

This could get fun. I think Jews should now go into a Muslim bakery and demand a weddi ...[text shortened]... ets as a result of forcing Muslims to love their enemies, but I think that is only common sense.
    yes, he should bake that damn cake.

if you say you will do custom cakes, you do the custom cakes and take the money. if you are too sensitive to do custom cakes, take it off the menu and someone else will do it.
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    07 Apr '15 12:36

oh, you expect liberals to come in and say "that's insensitive, kkk don't deserve equal rights".

sorry to disappoint. maybe other liberals will fulfill your wish.
  6. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    07 Apr '15 12:52
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    oh, you expect liberals to come in and say "that's insensitive, kkk don't deserve equal rights".

sorry to disappoint. maybe other liberals will fulfill your wish.
    Good for you Z,

So do you think black caterers should be forced to cater KKK events as well?
  7. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    07 Apr '15 13:001 edit
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    Good for you Z,

So do you think black caterers should be forced to cater KKK events as well?
    do you cater events in your business ? if yes, then you should, no, must cater KKK events. black, white, asian, jewish or martian.

in order to prevent whites from refusing to cater "black" events, there must be equality. for everyone. KKK members are deemed law abiding citizens, they must be able to enjoy the same rights law abiding citizens enjoy.
  8. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    07 Apr '15 13:15
    do you cater events in your business ? if yes, then you should, no, must cater KKK events. black, white, asian, jewish or martian.

in order to prevent whites from refusing to cater "black" events, there must be equality. for everyone. KKK members are deemed law abiding citizens, they must be able to enjoy the same rights law abiding citizens enjoy.
    Should black caterers be forced to bake a cake and write on the case with frosting "death to blackie" as ordered by the customer?
  9. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    07 Apr '15 13:15

Well you're consistent. Wacko, but consistent.
  10. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    07 Apr '15 13:261 edit

Honestly, you have a good point here.

Still, it should be pointed out that anti-gay laws are designed to stop hate and discrimination against those born a certain way. Since you can't help how you were born (like gays or heterosexuals) it's not comparable to denying service to those who choose to be hateful (like the KKK).

However, issues like transgendered cases would come up. And though a trans person wasn't born their current gender, it would still be discrimination. Same for denying service based on religion. So even though it sucks that even hateful groups like the KKK are protected, it's better to have laws stopping discrimination.
  11. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Moves
    07 Apr '15 13:34
    Originally posted by vivify
    Same for denying service based on religion.
    So the cake buyer's religious beliefs matter, just not the cake seller's?
  12. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    07 Apr '15 13:45
    Originally posted by sh76
    Should black caterers be forced to bake a cake and write on the case with frosting "death to blackie" as ordered by the customer?
    oh in that case, no, blacks should get a pass from anti-discrimination laws. but only if the words are specifically "death to blackie"

what part of "if you bake custom cakes, you must bake custom cakes for everyone no matter what that custom may entail" don't you understand?
  13. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    07 Apr '15 13:48
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    Well you're consistent. Wacko, but consistent.
    why, thank you. your opinion means ... absolutely nothing to me.

it is a simple concept: you offer a service in exchange for money, you offer that service for everyone, provided they abide by the rules. if you don't want to write "death to blackie" on the cakes you make, don't advertise "i will write anything you want on the cakes". it is a necessary rule that ensures equal treatment for everyone. from the lesbians who wanted to get married to the kkk who wanted cake.
  14. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    07 Apr '15 13:53
    Originally posted by vivify
    Honestly, you have a good point here.

Still, it should be pointed out that anti-gay laws are designed to stop hate and discrimination against those born a certain way. Since you can't help how you were born (like gays or heterosexuals) it's not comparable to denying service to those who choose to be hateful (like the KKK).

However, issues like transg ...[text shortened]... ven hateful groups like the KKK are protected, it's better to have laws stopping discrimination.
    it is comparable. you don't get to rationalize bigotry.

it is your right to choose to be hateful as long as you don't break any laws. whether you hate bieber or blacks or republicans, it doesn't matter.

you enter a shop, offer money for a service, you get that service. then you leave.
  15. Subscriberkmax87
    Land of Free
    Health and Education
    Moves
    07 Apr '15 13:57
    ..you enter a shop, offer money for a service, you get that service. then you leave.
    This is wonderful, in the modern full rights consumer paradise you get to have your cake and eat it!