Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 16 Aug '16 13:49 / 1 edit
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d72yHnDnqOo

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yg32mCgzKTQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLLdV5xzSsI

http://heavy.com/news/2016/08/chad-cameron-copley-kouren-rodney-bernard-thomas-raleigh-north-carolina-shooting-911-calls-audio-video-photos/

A white man who has been called “George Zimmerman 2.0” is accused of fatally shooting an unarmed 20-year-old black man in North Carolina after calling 911 to complain about “hoodlums” in his neighborhood, police say.
    Chad Copley, 39, has been charged with murder, Raleigh Police say.

The victim, Kouren-Rodney Bernard Thomas, 20, had been attending a party in Copley’s neighborhood when he was killed in the early hours of August 7. Online records show that Copley, who said he was a member of the neighborhood watch, is being held on a murder charge.

In a 911 call made prior to the shooting, Copley can be heard telling the dispatcher, “I’m on neighborhood watch. I am going to have the neighborhood meet these hoodlums out here racing up and down the street. It’s 1 in the morning. There’s some devil in them. They have firearms and we’re going to secure our neighborhood. If I was you, I would send PD out here as quickly as possible.”
  2. 16 Aug '16 13:51
    Chad copley fired a warning shot and someone got killed. Warning shot that hits and kills someone is not much of a warning. Also, the law asks you to warn about having a gun but you are NOT allowed to discharge it, even as a warning.
  3. Standard member vivify
    rain
    16 Aug '16 14:42 / 1 edit
    They actually charged a white guy this time, for shooting an unarmed black man?

Racism is over.
  4. Subscriber FreakyKBH
    Acquired Taste...
    16 Aug '16 14:58
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    Chad copley fired a warning shot and someone got killed. Warning shot that hits and kills someone is not much of a warning. Also, the law asks you to warn about having a gun but you are NOT allowed to discharge it, even as a warning.
    Great job reporting, Scoop!
    Did you have something to say on the topic so benignly titled Black young people have a house party..., when you know beyond knowing--- without even reading a single article with more details--- that it wasn't a simple house party, vespers, some refreshments and then home to bed.
    You have pandered to race baiting once again, as though the entirety of relations between white and black were summarized by this incident, which, for good measure, just so happened to involve a gun.
    You must save all kinds of time getting ready for work never bothering to look in the mirror.
  5. 16 Aug '16 15:01
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    Great job reporting, Scoop!
    Did you have something to say on the topic so benignly titled [b]Black young people have a house party...
    , when you know beyond knowing--- without even reading a single article with more details--- that it wasn't a simple house party, vespers, some refreshments and then home to bed.
    You have pandered to race baiting once ...[text shortened]...
    You must save all kinds of time getting ready for work never bothering to look in the mirror.[/b]
    are you insane? you are blaming the victim for being out of bed at 1 am? "if only he were at home, he wouldn't have been shot"

well, if only the white racist trigger happy ashole weren't a white racist trigger happy ashole he would have waited for the police instead of murdering a young man going to a party.

dunno why i bother responding to you, it's obvious you're insane
  6. Subscriber FreakyKBH
    Acquired Taste...
    16 Aug '16 15:10 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    are you insane? you are blaming the victim for being out of bed at 1 am? "if only he were at home, he wouldn't have been shot"

well, if only the white racist trigger happy ashole weren't a white racist trigger happy ashole he would have waited for the police instead of murdering a young man going to a party.

dunno why i bother responding to you, it's obvious you're insane
    You bother as you realize the words I string together act as a type of lithium for your maladies, a bromide which nearly keeps you balanced...
    but only nearly, as the rest of your dietary intake is the equivalent of cold, picked over dog feces laying about in the yard.
    My wisdom can only do so much under such diluted and contaminated conditions.