Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    81298
    23 May '18 11:54
    LMFAO...LOL...LOL...LOL

    http://www.breitbart.com/2018-elections/2018/05/22/gop-takes-six-point-lead-in-midterm-generic-tracking-poll/
  2. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52853
    23 May '18 12:56
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    LMFAO...LOL...LOL...LOL

    http://www.breitbart.com/2018-elections/2018/05/22/gop-takes-six-point-lead-in-midterm-generic-tracking-poll/
    Breitbart? really? Right, totally unbiased news. We'll see who has egg on their face come November.
  3. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    138572
    23 May '18 13:01
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    LMFAO...LOL...LOL...LOL

    http://www.breitbart.com/2018-elections/2018/05/22/gop-takes-six-point-lead-in-midterm-generic-tracking-poll/
    America put a clown in the White House.
    Not much will surprise me any more.
  4. Standard memberSleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    Dustbin of history
    Joined
    13 Apr '07
    Moves
    12727
    23 May '18 13:42
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    Breitbart? really? Right, totally unbiased news. We'll see who has egg on their face come November.
    It's a Reuter's poll. GOP +6 is a bit hard to believe, but that has nothing to do with Breitbart.
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    23 May '18 13:57
    Hell, Hillary still leads in the polls over Trump.

    I just love polls.
  6. Joined
    05 Nov '06
    Moves
    81298
    23 May '18 14:10
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    Breitbart? really? Right, totally unbiased news. We'll see who has egg on their face come November.
    actually its you with the egg on your face...its a Reuters poll, not breitbart
  7. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Joined
    22 Jun '04
    Moves
    39965
    23 May '18 14:15
    Originally posted by @sleepyguy
    It's a Reuter's poll. GOP +6 is a bit hard to believe, but that has nothing to do with Breitbart.
    I'm kinda scratching my head where Breitbart came up with its numbers; it says:

    For the week ending May 20, Republicans are at 40.7 percent while Democrats have slipped down to 34.5 percent. The survey was of 1,139 respondents

    However, the Reuters site is completely different:

    WEEK ENDING MAY 20TH, 2018
    1,697 Responses
    Uncollapse Responses
    Republican candidate
    39%
    Democratic candidate
    36.7%

    http://polling.reuters.com/#!response/TM1212Y17/type/week/filters/PD1:1/dates/20170601-20180523/collapsed/true

    That would still be pretty good news for the Republicans if the poll isn't an outlier; an Economist/YouGov from 5/20-22 still shows the Dems up by 5, which is more consistent with other polls. https://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/other/2018_generic_congressional_vote-6185.html

    I have my doubts about the Reuters poll, however. The sample consisted of 634 Democrats, 765 Republicans and 298 Independents/Other Parties. It also had 699 Trump voters in 2016 compared to only 515 Clinton voters despite the fact HRC won the popular vote. This is hardly a representative sample and the poll looks completely flawed.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    23 May '18 14:16
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    actually its you with the egg on your face...its a Reuters poll, not breitbart
    Truth is merely an obstacle to be overcome for such people.
  9. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Joined
    31 Jan '04
    Moves
    56281
    23 May '18 15:39
    Which state is this a poll for?
  10. Germany
    Joined
    27 Oct '08
    Moves
    3118
    23 May '18 16:59
    Originally posted by @shavixmir
    Which state is this a poll for?
    The state of denial.
  11. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Joined
    26 Dec '07
    Moves
    17585
    23 May '18 17:49
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    I'm kinda scratching my head where Breitbart came up with its numbers; it says:

    For the week ending May 20, Republicans are at 40.7 percent while Democrats have slipped down to 34.5 percent. The survey was of 1,139 respondents

    However, the Reuters site is completely different:

    WEEK ENDING MAY 20TH, 2018
    1,697 Responses
    Uncollapse Responses
    ...[text shortened]... n the popular vote. This is hardly a representative sample and the poll looks completely flawed.
    Random sampling could conceivably generate that response behavior, but correcting for the skew in registration would move the poll's result to D+5 or more, which is pretty consistent with most of the other polls.
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    23 May '18 18:24
    Originally posted by @sh76
    Random sampling could conceivably generate that response behavior, but correcting for the skew in registration would move the poll's result to D+5 or more, which is pretty consistent with most of the other polls.
    Well if this poll is accurate then what gives?

    I mean you have the Trump opposition out in their vagina hats shouting conspiracy theories all day. You would think that this would start to sway public opinion after a while.
  13. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Joined
    26 Dec '07
    Moves
    17585
    23 May '18 18:39
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Well if this poll is accurate then what gives?

    I mean you have the Trump opposition out in their vagina hats shouting conspiracy theories all day. You would think that this would start to sway public opinion after a while.
    That's not the way polling works. First, polls need to be corrected for sampling errors or they're less accurate. Second, it's natural in any poll set for some to be outliers. To trust in a single outlier and ignore the preponderance of the other polls is statistically nonsensical.
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35841
    23 May '18 19:55
    Originally posted by @mott-the-hoople
    LMFAO...LOL...LOL...LOL

    http://www.breitbart.com/2018-elections/2018/05/22/gop-takes-six-point-lead-in-midterm-generic-tracking-poll/
    So I see the Russian bots are swinging into action.

    Preach it, Paul Revere.
  15. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Joined
    08 Aug '03
    Moves
    35841
    23 May '18 20:00
    Originally posted by @sh76
    Random sampling could conceivably generate that response behavior, but correcting for the skew in registration would move the poll's result to D+5 or more, which is pretty consistent with most of the other polls.
    We'll just see how many of these new Democrat registrants actually gets to vote, and how many of them run into the problem of their name simply not appearing on the voter roll.
Back to Top