Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 15 Apr '13 20:53
    Nothing to "debate" yet as we don't know much about it. Unlikely that it was a very organized political attack as nobody has taken credit for it and that's usually the point.

I have my ideas about the motivation, but I'm not going to speculate without more information. Too many people doing that already.
  2. 15 Apr '13 20:59
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    Nothing to "debate" yet as we don't know much about it. Unlikely that it was a very organized political attack as nobody has taken credit for it and that's usually the point.

I have my ideas about the motivation, but I'm not going to speculate without more information. Too many people doing that already.
    Speculate; I'm totally lost on this one.
  3. 15 Apr '13 21:14

Speculation now will be useful only to reveal the mindsets of the speculators "coming in" to the situation, which might be informative at that level.
  4. 15 Apr '13 21:20 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Speculate; I'm totally lost on this one.
    The fact that nobody has taken credit, suggests that it's domestic. It's tax day. It's Boston.

Not much to go on - just a hunch. And it could be complete coincidence.

Others have taken different approaches. Fox News contributor Erik Rush says we should kill all Muslims in retaliation.

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/erik-rush-kill-all-muslims-response-boston-marathon-attack

But right now, I'm just happy that the two people I know who were at the race are okay. And I'm really sad about the two people confirmed killed, and the 30 who were injured, some of them very seriously.

And I'm set to run a half marathon in a few weeks.
  5. 15 Apr '13 21:23
    And here's evidence that my speculation is wrong, although I don't trust the NY Post really.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/authorities_under_suspect_guard_y2m8cJO29uC2PDGIjYBalO

Saudi national.
  6. 15 Apr '13 21:31
    Fox News contributor Erik Rush says we should kill all Muslims in retaliation.
    How do they let these people loose on TV?
  7. 15 Apr '13 21:35 / 1 edit
    The fact that nobody has taken credit, suggests that it's domestic. It's tax day. It's Boston.

Others have taken different approaches. Fox News contributor Erik Rush says we should kill all Muslims in retaliation.

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/erik-rush-kill-all-musli njured, some of them very seriously.

What possible reason could one group of Americans have for killing lots of fellow American citizens?

I realise I'm probably being naive here, but I just don't get it.
  8. 15 Apr '13 21:38
    Originally posted by divegeester
    What possible reason could one group of Americans have for killing lots of fellow American citizens?

I realise I'm probably being naive here, but I just don't get it.
    Ask Tim McVeigh.
  9. 15 Apr '13 22:31
    The "Saudi National" story appears to be a false rumor according to the Boston Police. But the FBI isn't commenting. Which means..... they aren't commenting.

http://livewire.talkingpointsmemo.com/entry/boston-police-no-arrests-have-been-made-in
  10. 15 Apr '13 22:34
    I think we should all start a campaign to outlaw bombs.
  11. 15 Apr '13 23:55

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/content/erik-rush-kill-all-musli ...[text shortened]... njured, some of them very seriously.

Personally, I think you have a good theory there. It could very well be in-house. I am sure we will find out soon enough.
  12. 16 Apr '13 00:19
    Originally posted by whodey
    I think we should all start a campaign to outlaw bombs.
    They are already, but that doesn't stop people from setting them off.
  13. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    16 Apr '13 00:21
    Tea Party dunnit
  14. 16 Apr '13 00:22
    Ask Tim McVeigh.
    Or the Uni Bomber, or Bill Ayers.
  15. 16 Apr '13 00:38
    Originally posted by normbenign
    They are already, but that doesn't stop people from setting them off.
    The only thing that can stop a bad guy with a bomb is a good guy with a bomb!!!

Let's pass a law forcing all people to own bombs!!