Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. 17 Aug '12 23:55
    Truly!

    http://instinctmagazine.com/blogs/blog/uganda-s-lgbt-community-celebrates-first-gay-pridee?directory=100011
  2. Subscriber Sleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    18 Aug '12 00:37
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    Truly!

    http://instinctmagazine.com/blogs/blog/uganda-s-lgbt-community-celebrates-first-gay-pridee?directory=100011
    Brave indeed.
  3. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    21 Aug '12 05:43
    SEND AID TO UGANDA!
  4. 21 Aug '12 09:39
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    SEND AID TO UGANDA!
    No worries, I'm sure Obama already is. Maybe you can move there if you need a job.
  5. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    21 Aug '12 13:09
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    Truly!

    http://instinctmagazine.com/blogs/blog/uganda-s-lgbt-community-celebrates-first-gay-pridee?directory=100011
    Not braver than anything I've ever done.

    I once watched Keith Olbermann for an entire hour.
  6. Subscriber WoodPush
    Pusher of wood
    21 Aug '12 16:08
    A Ugandan national newspaper published names and photographs of many of the LGBT attendees and encourage mobs to track them down and kill them.

    There's brave, and then there's suicidal...
  7. 21 Aug '12 16:20
    Originally posted by WoodPush
    A Ugandan national newspaper published names and photographs of many of the LGBT attendees and encourage mobs to track them down and kill them.

    There's brave, and then there's suicidal...
    But this is how change happens. When you have people willing to die for something, it affects human consciousness. It will change minds.

    Unfortunately, not quickly enough to save all of them. I'm certain that some of them will be killed.
  8. 22 Aug '12 12:57
    Originally posted by sh76
    Not braver than anything I've ever done.

    I once watched Keith Olbermann for an entire hour.
    Oh no you didn't? What's your record time listening to Rachel Maddow?
  9. 22 Aug '12 12:59
    Originally posted by WoodPush
    A Ugandan national newspaper published names and photographs of many of the LGBT attendees and encourage mobs to track them down and kill them.

    There's brave, and then there's suicidal...
    I was thinking stupid, but suicidal is better. Ugandans have faced death for smiling wrong at Idi Amin.
  10. 22 Aug '12 17:16
    Originally posted by normbenign
    I was thinking stupid, but suicidal is better. Ugandans have faced death for smiling wrong at Idi Amin.
    Idid Amin has been out of favor for decades. You're showing your age.

    Anyway, people thought the Freedom Riders and other civil rights activists were stupid too. Some of them were even killed by cro-mag southern whites. But they made the difference.
  11. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    22 Aug '12 17:22
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Oh no you didn't? What's your record time listening to Rachel Maddow?
    I don't mind Rachel Maddow that much. She's smug and she's partisan, but she's generally calm and seems intelligent.

    With Olbermann, the only thing to watch for was whether his head was going to explode in a fiery blaze of blood and brains (few though they were) flying all over the place.
  12. 22 Aug '12 17:36
    Originally posted by sh76
    I don't mind Rachel Maddow that much. She's smug and she's partisan, but she's generally calm and seems intelligent.

    With Olbermann, the only thing to watch for was whether his head was going to explode in a fiery blaze of blood and brains (few though they were) flying all over the place.
    Maddow is also willing to interview people on the other side, though they don't often take her up on it. Olbermann, like Rush, pretty much avoids it.
  13. 22 Aug '12 22:35
    Originally posted by sh76
    I don't mind Rachel Maddow that much. She's smug and she's partisan, but she's generally calm and seems intelligent.

    With Olbermann, the only thing to watch for was whether his head was going to explode in a fiery blaze of blood and brains (few though they were) flying all over the place.
    It's the smug part which gets me for both of them. An hour is a long time.
  14. 23 Aug '12 01:12
    Originally posted by normbenign
    It's the smug part which gets me for both of them. An hour is a long time.
    That's how I feel about Sean Hannity. Smug like Olbermann, sans the wit.
  15. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    23 Aug '12 02:35
    Originally posted by Kunsoo
    That's how I feel about Sean Hannity. Smug like Olbermann, sans the wit.
    I would amend it:

    Smug like Olbermann, sans the temper.