Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 23 Apr '16 18:20
    http://www.cnn.com/2015/07/24/politics/dennis-rodman-donald-trump-endorsement/

Dennis Rodman endorses Donald Trump!

First Sarah Palin, and now Dennis.

Team Trump must be proud.
  2. Standard member DeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    23 Apr '16 22:56
    Originally posted by whodey

Who is Dennis Rodman?
  3. 23 Apr '16 23:21

I suspect there are other endorsers besides Rodman. By the way Rodman is actually a pretty bright guy, though a bit unstable. He was remarkably intelligent as an athlete, almost always guarding the most effective offensive player of the opposing team, and this as a small forward.
  4. 23 Apr '16 23:23
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    Who is Dennis Rodman?
    Someone who Whodey might hope will bolster Donald Trump's appeal among other
    wealthy black men who sometimes like to wear women's clothes in public (sarcasm).
    Or perhaps his appeal among other admirers of the DPRK's (North Korea) leader.

Dennis Rodman is a retired professional basketball player, a millionaire celebrity who's
    known for his eccentricity (including sometimes wearing women's clothes in public).
    He has visited the DPRK and claims to have become a friend of the DPRK's leader.
  5. 23 Apr '16 23:28
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    Someone who Whodey might hope will bolster Donald Trump's appeal among other
    wealthy black men who sometimes like to wear women's clothes in public (sarcasm).
    Or perhaps his appeal among other admirers of the DPRK's (North Korea) leader.

Dennis Rodman is a retired professional basketball player, a millionaire celebrity who's
    known for his eccentrici ...[text shortened]... es in public).
    He has visited the DPRK and claims to have become a friend of the DPRK's leader.
    Rodman was also an Alllstar NBA player multiple times. He played for at least a couple of Detroit Pistons NBA championship teams. I sincerely doubt that Rodman would enhance anyone's political resume.
  6. 23 Apr '16 23:31 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Rodman was also an Alllstar NBA player multiple times. He played for at least a couple of Detroit Pistons NBA championship teams.
    I sincerely doubt that Rodman would enhance anyone's political resume.
    I already knew that Dennis Rodman was an outstanding player in the NBA.
    But I doubt that DeepThought was interested in the details of his basketball career.

My point is that Dennis Rodman's nonconformity (to put it nicely) in embracing the DPRK's leader,
    for instance, would make him a pariah in US politics. Being endorsed by Dennis Rodman seems counterproductive.
  7. 23 Apr '16 23:41
    But I doubt that DeepThought was interested in the details of his basketball career.

My point is that Dennis Rodman's nonconformity (to put it nicely) in embracing the DPRK's leader,
    for instance, would make him a pariah in US politics. Being endorsed by Dennis Rodman seems counterproductive.
    It appears to be one of our rare points of agreement.
  8. Standard member DeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    23 Apr '16 23:53

Right, I get it now. The critical information is that he's a random celebrity who occasionally cross dresses with links to the DPRK regime. I don't think that this'll do Trump any harm at all. Rodman fans might vote for him in response, I can't believe it will make any difference to anyone else's vote.
  9. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    24 Apr '16 02:49

Don't forget Caitlin Jenner.
  10. 24 Apr '16 03:24
    . I sincerely doubt that Rodman would enhance anyone's political resume.
    Nonsense.

He single handedly brought peace to North Korea.
  11. 24 Apr '16 03:26
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    Don't forget Caitlin Jenner.
    Caitlin. How could I forget him....her....him/her.

Yes, Trump will be unstoppable...........so long as Dennis and Caitlin don't use the bathroom during Trump rallies, but I think that is only common sense.
  12. 24 Apr '16 03:33
    I hope everyone realizes that if Trump wins history will be made.

Why? Because it will be the first time in history that a billionaire moved into public housing vacated by a black family.
  13. Standard member vivify
    rain
    24 Apr '16 04:12
    I hope everyone realizes that if Trump wins history will be made.

Why? Because it will be the first time in history that a billionaire moved into public housing vacated by a black family.
    lmao
  14. 24 Apr '16 11:06
    By the way Rodman is actually a pretty bright guy [...]
    LOL! Good one, norm.
  15. 24 Apr '16 19:59
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra to Normbenign
    LOL! Good one, norm.
    Dennis Rodman was successful (for a while) at attracting publicity and promoting his own brand.
    And admirers of American capitalism like to believe that making money is a measure of intelligence.