Moves
    30 May '19 14:12
    Great thread!
  2. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    30 May '19 14:17
    @shavixmir said
    Well obviously he didn’t believe those numbers.
    Again: prove it. A court case has higher standards than This Week; you can't just assert it.
  3. Joined
    18 Jan '07
    Moves
    30 May '19 14:21
    @divegeester said
    It’s a pity the lair George Osbourne can’t be held to account in a similar way.
    I wouldn't be so sure. After all, he's only a St. Paul's oik. He's the first the Eton lot will throw under a bus, especially one with £350 million written on it.
  4. Subscriberdivegeester
    keep moving
    you’re harder to hit
    Moves
    30 May '19 19:40
    @shallow-blue said
    I wouldn't be so sure. After all, he's only a St. Paul's oik. He's the first the Eton lot will throw under a bus, especially one with £350 million written on it.
    Your post is meaningless rhetoric; a mishmash of pseudo working class ramblemainia and lazy whodey flippancy
  5. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    31 May '19 05:47
    @shallow-blue said
    Again: prove it. A court case has higher standards than This Week; you can't just assert it.
    Oh please.
    The tories do nothing but cut back on the NHS, because they want to privatise it.

The mere idea of Boris getting his grubby paws on money and spending it on health care is as absurd as if he said he was going to hand it out to tramps on a weekly basis.

It was a lie as he and Farage admitted the day after the referendum.
    And in his own column in January 2017 he basically admitted as much in writing (after a dispute with the UK statistics authority).
  6. Standard memberDeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    Cosmopolis
    Moves
    31 May '19 07:21
    @divegeester said
    Isn’t it obvious... innocent until proven guilty.
    That would be appropriate for a defendant in a criminal case, but with politicians one should be more cautious. If they are saying what you want to hear be very careful. If they are saying what you do not want to hear then dig deeper - they may be right. I regard Donald Trump endorsing Boris Johnson as a huge red flag.
  7. Subscriberdivegeester
    keep moving
    you’re harder to hit
    Moves
    31 May '19 07:44
    @deepthought said
    I regard Donald Trump endorsing Boris Johnson as a huge red flag.
    Me too. I’m surprised the bookmakers still have him as odds on favourite for the leadership. Several of the posters in here seem to think I’m a BoJo fan, but then they think I’m a racist, a liar and even evil. Another day....
  8. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    31 May '19 07:47
    @divegeester said
    Me too. I’m surprised the bookmakers still have him as odds on favourite for the leadership. Several of the posters in here seem to think I’m a BoJo fan, but then they think I’m a racist, a liar and even evil. Another day....
    Well I wouldn’t call you any of them but apparently the Donald is meeting Nigel as well, the word Stooges springs to mind.
  9. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    31 May '19 07:54
    @deepthought said
    That would be appropriate for a defendant in a criminal case, but with politicians one should be more cautious. If they are saying what you want to hear be very careful. If they are saying what you do not want to hear then dig deeper - they may be right. I regard Donald Trump endorsing Boris Johnson as a huge red flag.
    I remember, I think it was even before the American elections, a satirical article somewhere with pictures of Trump and Boris juxtaposed, which was deemed the nightmare scenario if they ever became president and PM; who had the worst haircut/policies. Nobody at the time seriously thought that this would ever become reality, and yet, here we are....
  10. Subscriberdivegeester
    keep moving
    you’re harder to hit
    Moves
    31 May '19 07:58
    @kevcvs57 said
    Well I wouldn’t call you any of them but apparently the Donald is meeting Nigel as well, the word Stooges springs to mind.
    Well if they think the best way to win over public support is to meet the Donald then so be it, I think it’s a mistake.
  11. Joined
    15 Jun '10
    Moves
    31 May '19 08:18
    @divegeester said
    Well if they think the best way to win over public support is to meet the Donald then so be it, I think it’s a mistake.
    The Tory party are quite good at making those at the moment. It's a funny thing, but I who have always voted Labour (but not this Labour) happen over the years to have made friends with people at Westminster, and all of them have been Tories. I have dined with Tory Prime Ministers, (yes, more that one!) (but not this one), and now I'm staying at my beloveds' sisters' house in darkest, rich suburban Surrey, deep in Daily Telegraph country, where the demise of the Tory Party has set in motion a general sense of bewilderment; one does not quite know what is happening.
  12. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    25 Jun '19 16:58
    So... brexit... have they left yet?

Anyhoo... it looks like the Brits have a prime choice between a proper johnson and a right hunt.

You couldn’t make this stuff up.
  13. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    25 Jun '19 21:231 edit
    @shavixmir said
    So... brexit... have they left yet?

Anyhoo... it looks like the Brits have a prime choice between a proper johnson and a right hunt.

You couldn’t make this stuff up.
    In our defence we are not getting to choose
    That is a privilege reserved for 124,000 Hobbits from the Shires of Middle England.
    They appear to leaning towards Sauron but Gollem has sworn to fight till his last breath for the right to throw the British Economy into the fires of Mount Doom.

Your right I couldn’t make this stuff up, fortunately we have Tolkien.
  14. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    27 Jun '19 13:25
    So, let's see who thinks brexit is a good idea...
    - 52% of British people who voted on the issue (half of them have probably died of old age by now).
    - Tory politicians.
    - Donald Trump.
    - Netenyahoo? I don't know for sure, but if it's a stupid and (quasi-) racist policy he's generally in favour.

And that's it!
    Good grief.

The EU, business, Scotland, Japan, Russia, China... well, basically the rest of the world... must all be wrong.

Dear oh dear.

Must be grand knowing that all those old, non-working fogies who have kicked the bucket or about to kick the bucket have buggered the population for a generation or three.
    What a brilliant legacy.

hahahaha
  15. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    A Spirited Misfit
    in London
    Moves
    27 Jun '19 15:28

Removed by poster