Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Account suspended
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 23:49
    Originally posted by Blood On The Tracks
    No comment on no prescription charges in Scotland, but we are pinged at almost a tenner a time?

Why is that unworthy?

Oh, you edited it, sorry

Erm, nothing. But you are still in UK at moment, apparently playing under different rules
    playing under different rules??? My goodness we are a different nation! another country entirely!
  2. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 23:51
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    because you don't understand that the issue is self autonomy and instead you seem to think that a nations success is hinged upon how good it chases an egg shaped ball.
    And yet you choose to taunt me on our failings at football.

A tournament Scotland (of course) failed to qualify for, and since which we have trounced you 3-0 in WC qualifying

And you also choose to gaud me, for some obscure reason, with what the ABs may (or may not) do to the egg ball chasing team
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '14
    Moves
    15 Mar '17 23:521 edit
    playing under different rules??? My goodness we are a different nation! another country entirely!
    So, why do you want (yet another) referendum?

You have whined your way to privelige in the mentioned areas already

Please, this time, just go
  4. Joined
    20 Oct '16
    Moves
    16 Mar '17 04:06
    Originally posted by Blood On The Tracks
    So, why do you want (yet another) referendum?

You have whined your way to privelige in the mentioned areas already

Please, this time, just go
    Don't be tempted to say this. This is exactly what Nicola sturgeon wants! You are falling into her trap.
  5. Joined
    20 Oct '16
    Moves
    16 Mar '17 04:53
    Remember that most of scotland is still unionist.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Mar '17 05:223 edits
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    Well, the Brexit vote does change the territory somewhat. One of the threats used during the referendum was that were Scotland to leave the United Kingdom then they would have to apply for entry into the E.U. and there would be no fast track. With the vote in favour of leaving the E.U. then that argument no longer applies and it may have made the diffe ...[text shortened]... ot to go for a second referendum unless she is confident of a victory by an overwhelming margin.
    I/we may be at cross purposes here. Are you talking about a second Scottish vote or second Brexit vote? I was referring to Brexit.

I think the Scots don't really know what they want more; to kick Westminster in the proverbial balls or an intelligent decision about their own future. If they vote for independence then they stand politically conjoined with the EU and should lose all seats in Westminster in a complete overhaul of the Commons.

They won't vote for independence by the way. Sturgeon will play her self-serving little power game and lose.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Mar '17 05:28
    We are a different country, with a different history, culture and language. We did not want union with England, we were sold into it by a group of utterly corrupt aristocrats and politicians. There is no chip on our shoulder as you ludicrously assert. We are ruled by a government that no one voted for and subject to a foreign parliament, We must ...[text shortened]... us out. We can have as second Highland clearance and you can take all your own countrymen back.
    Please feel free to leave the Union any time you can muster the courage to do so. 😛
  8. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Mar '17 05:311 edit
    because you don't understand that the issue is self autonomy...
    As it is with Brexit. And yet you cling to the hope of Scottish EU membership, and with it it's governance, like a child to its mommy's tit.

I guess we only a few posts away from you railing on about Bannockburn.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Mar '17 05:33
    How many seats do the Scottish have in the House of Commons Robbie?
  10. Joined
    20 Oct '16
    Moves
    16 Mar '17 06:02
    Originally posted by divegeester
    How many seats do the Scottish have in the House of Commons Robbie?
    Most Scots are unionist. The SNP represents a minority of people in scotland so to ask them to leave doesn't help.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Mar '17 08:177 edits
    Originally posted by Ashiitaka
    Most Scots are unionist. The SNP represents a minority of people in scotland so to ask them to leave doesn't help.
    Most Scots are Unionists? Last referendum was narrowly won by Unionists. Scotland's largest city, Glasgow voted to leave. Last general election of 2015 SNP gained 56/59 seats, you will now tell the forum why the SNP represents a minority.

My own feeling on the matter, being Scottish and residing in Scotland's largest city is that the ideological approach that Mrs Sturgeon has taken, that is appealing to our European sentiment is not strong enough to swing it. You still get the old order clinging to the BBC rhetoric and some kind of sense of Britishness but they are rapidly fading. Most of us are Scottish first and British later but that's what happens when you have been marginalised for centuries. What she should have done is see what happens after Brexit and see if the UK tanks. If it does just jettison it like a spent rocket booster and get outta there like all get out. If the UK tanks we have a referendum, leave the UK and be a sovereign state in Europe like all the other European countries, except for us and Northern Ireland who also have no real self autonomy.

God save the queen, she surely needs saving and if anyone can do it he da man. 😵
  12. Joined
    20 Oct '16
    Moves
    16 Mar '17 08:321 edit
    Most Scots are Unionists? Last referendum was narrowly won by Unionists. Scotland's largest city, Glasgow voted to leave. Last general election of 2015 SNP gained 56/59 seats, you will now tell the forum why the SNP represents a minority.

My own feeling on the matter, being Scottish and residing in Scotland's largest city is that the ideological ...[text shortened]... f autonomy.

God save the queen, she surely needs saving and if anyone can do it he da man. 😵
    Scotland will not be in Europe.

If you can explain why you think 46 (snp support) is more than 54, or why 45 (ref support) is more than 55 I will concede the SNP is supported by most Scots. Until then, you might have to go back to maths class.
  13. Joined
    20 Oct '16
    Moves
    16 Mar '17 08:37
    You are twisting the constituency system to suit your needs. SNP obtaining 95 percent of the seats isn't the same as having the support of 95 percent of Scots. In fact, they gave less the half that amount, and less than a majority as well. The SNP is a minority government!
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    16 Mar '17 08:38
    Originally posted by Ashiitaka
    Scotland will not be in Europe.

If you can explain why you think 46 (snp support) is more than 54, or why 45 (ref support) is more than 55 I will concede the SNP is supported by most Scots. Until then, you might have to go back to maths class.
    SNP won 56/59 seats at the last UK general election, in what way do they represent a minority.
  15. Joined
    20 Oct '16
    Moves
    16 Mar '17 08:40
    SNP won 56/59 seats at the last UK general election, in what way do they represent a minority.
    See above.