Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 01 Feb '15 05:34
    http://www.aol.com/article/2015/01/31/bruce-jenner-is-transitioning-to-a-woman/21137489/

Is Bruce Jenner the new poster child for transsexuals?
  2. 01 Feb '15 08:10
    Is there something you'd like to discuss?
  3. 01 Feb '15 10:39
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://www.aol.com/article/2015/01/31/bruce-jenner-is-transitioning-to-a-woman/21137489/

who is Bruce Jenner?
  4. 01 Feb '15 11:21

Can we also talk about what Miley Cyrus is doing? I love reading about C-lebrities and their lives...
  5. Standard member Lundos
    Back to basics
    01 Feb '15 11:25

No blaming Obama?
  6. Standard member Seitse
    Doug Stanhope
    01 Feb '15 11:35
    No, he'll not. He will always be a 'he' but, for sure, he'll look
    as a woman. And if that makes him happy, well, I am happy
    for him.
  7. 01 Feb '15 13:40
    Originally posted by Lundos
    No blaming Obama?
    Well this does involve the left.

Now that gay marriage has been sold to the American people can Progressives sell transsexualism as being normal as well?

First they sell reproductive dysfunction as normal with gays and now they are selling the notion that wanting to mutilate your normally functioning body is normal as well.

Can the masters of propaganda pull it off again? Can the media say that such issues are a personal issue, on the one hand, and then continually shove it in our face as normal while brow beating those who may disagree?

The PC police will be out in full force as always, wanting to crush "bigots" who dare challenge the notion that all of this is normal and should be embraced as such. People will lose their jobs, NBA teams, NFL teams, or worse over this I'm sure.
  8. 01 Feb '15 13:54
    Well this does involve the left.

Now that gay marriage has been sold to the American people can Progressives sell transsexualism as being normal as well?

First they sell reproductive dysfunction as normal with gays and now they are selling the notion that wanting to mutilate your normally functioning body is normal as well.

Can the masters of propaga ...[text shortened]... braced as such. People will lose their jobs, NBA teams, NFL teams, or worse over this I'm sure.
    What do you suggest is done about the grave (potential) threat of transsexuality being considered "normal"? Or is this just one of your usual aimless rants lamenting the superior moral character of others who don't wish to tell adults what to do with their own bodies?
  9. 01 Feb '15 20:10
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    who is Bruce Jenner?
    As I remember him, Bruce Jenner won the gold medal in the decathlon at
    the 1976 Olympics in Montreal. I lack interest in his later associations with
    American celebrities or his place in American pop culture.

And it seems to me that the most important thing about someone's
    gender identity is what's in one's mind, not what's between one's legs.
  10. 01 Feb '15 20:18
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    What do you suggest is done about the grave (potential) threat of transsexuality being considered "normal"? Or is this just one of your usual aimless rants lamenting the superior moral character of others who don't wish to tell adults what to do with their own bodies?
    It's a question of how to help people like Bruce. It is also a question of how people who dare challenge conventional Progressive thinking are mistreated.
  11. 01 Feb '15 20:19
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    As I remember him, Bruce Jenner won the gold medal in the decathlon at
    the 1976 Olympics in Montreal. I lack interest in his later associations with
    American celebrities or his place in American pop culture.

And it seems to me that the most important thing about someone's
    gender identity is what's in one's mind, not what's between one's legs.
    But what is between his legs is working. What is not working is between his shoulders.
  12. 01 Feb '15 20:21
    Originally posted by whodey to KazetNagorra
    It's a question of how to help people like Bruce. It is also a question of how people who dare challenge conventional Progressive thinking are mistreated.
    "It's a question of how to help people like Bruce (Jenner)."
    --Whodey

What does Whodey mean by that? Does Whodey oppose Bruce Jenner
    undergoing, *if* that's his choice, a legal medical procedure that thousands
    of other people already have done?
  13. 01 Feb '15 20:26
    Congratulations whodey, I think you can enter the Guinness Book of Records for the most pathetic instance of self-victimization in the history of the Universe with this contribution.
  14. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    01 Feb '15 20:35 / 1 edit
    1) I suppose we can "help" him/her by letting him/her have his surgery without pointless moralization about it;

2) Progressive thinking does generally say people should be able to do what they please with their own bodies. I guess people who say differently will just have to deal with the "mistreatment" of being told they are wrong.
  15. 01 Feb '15 20:45
    Do you feel surgeons should not be allowed to perform this procedure, much like doctors should not be allowed to help in assisted suicide?