Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. 09 Feb '18 16:35
    YouTube


    Republicans being hypocrites. Democrats being weak. Americans getting shafted.

    I find the gall of republicans complaining about the deficit particularly amusing. After 1.5 trillion dollars in tax cuts to the rich, after 160 billion dollars in EXTRA defense spending ( paying off military contractors, you bet your ass the troops won't get a single extra dime in their paychecks ), some republicans have the audacity to complain that some funds for children healthcare will bankrupt the country.

    That is 1.5 trillion dollars a while back for the rich and 165 billion extra for defense spending vs 131 billion for a laundry list of non-military programs which is supposed to tackle among others the opioid problem, healthcare, infrastructure and disaster relief, things the democrats think they are something they "won".

    Like many have said: one party bribed to be strong, one party bribed to be weak and an entire nation footing the bill while getting shafted.


    Nobody else can save you americans. Only yourselves.
  2. Subscriber no1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    09 Feb '18 16:47
    Originally posted by @zahlanzi
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgk7n8_C4yU


    Republicans being hypocrites. Democrats being weak. Americans getting shafted.

    I find the gall of republicans complaining about the deficit particularly amusing. After 1.5 trillion dollars in tax cuts to the rich, after 160 billion dollars in EXTRA defense spending ( paying off military contractors, you b ...[text shortened]... oting the bill while getting shafted.


    Nobody else can save you americans. Only yourselves.
    What did you expect the Dems to do? Hold their breath and shut down the government?

    At least they got some money for social spending; the tax cut was going to blow up the deficit anyway.
  3. 09 Feb '18 17:05
    The Dims got what they wanted which is higher deficits and spending.

    Having a debt ceiling is what is hysterically funny. They have raised the debt ceiling so many times that the Capital has become a 75 story high rise. Why not rename it Trump tower?
  4. Subscriber no1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    09 Feb '18 17:21
    Originally posted by @whodey
    The Dims got what they wanted which is higher deficits and spending.

    Having a debt ceiling is what is hysterically funny. They have raised the debt ceiling so many times that the Capital has become a 75 story high rise. Why not rename it Trump tower?
    What a joke you are; almost all of the increase in the deficit will be because of the huge tax cut and massive increase in military spending Republicans insisted on.
  5. 09 Feb '18 18:40
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    What a joke you are; almost all of the increase in the deficit will be because of the huge tax cut and massive increase in military spending Republicans insisted on.
    Did I make the tax cuts?

    Nooooo I did not.

    DId I increase the spending?

    Nooooo, I did not.

    Do I sit on the partisan sidelines just agreeing with one party?

    Nooooo, I do not.

    I realize this form of existence is foreign to you.
  6. 09 Feb '18 19:09
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Did I make the tax cuts?

    Nooooo I did not.

    DId I increase the spending?

    Nooooo, I did not.

    Do I sit on the partisan sidelines just agreeing with one party?

    Nooooo, I do not.

    I realize this form of existence is foreign to you.
    Have you consistently voted in favour of higher deficits while whining about them?

    Yeeeees you did.
  7. 09 Feb '18 19:12
    Originally posted by @kazetnagorra
    Have you consistently voted in favour of higher deficits while whining about them?

    Yeeeees you did.
    I've said time and again the only real change that will help is the Article V movement.

    Having a "vote" for your half witted fiscal Progressive from either party is asinine in resolving such issues.

    People either want lower taxes or more free stuff or both if they can get it.

    Enough is enough.
  8. 09 Feb '18 19:13
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Do I sit on the partisan sidelines just agreeing with one party?

    Nooooo, I do not.
    Nope, when a republican does something you don't approve of you just call him a "Prog" or - as I understand it - a "RINO".

    In The Netherlands, one of the small but obnoxious right wing parties we have is having a problem with members of said party complaining about a lack of democracy within the party and one particular member has recently left the party.

    Already I've seen claims on a Dutch right wing website that this member was secretly part of a left wing group who has infiltrated the party to make them look bad.



    Can't make this stuff up.

    Well, some people can, apparently...
  9. 09 Feb '18 19:19
    Originally posted by @great-king-rat
    Nope, when a republican does something you don't approve of you just call him a "Prog" or - as I understand it - a "RINO".

    In The Netherlands, one of the small but obnoxious right wing parties we have is having a problem with members of said party complaining about a lack of democracy within the party and one particular member has recently left th ...[text shortened]... o make them look bad.



    Can't make this stuff up.

    Well, some people can, apparently...
    How can one seriously say that either party is all that different considering their track records?

    All that differs is the mindless demagoguery.

    For example, Obama bans immigration from various terrorist Muslim countries around the world. This is seen as prudent, however, let Trump do the EXACT same thing and he becomes a racist.

    Half wits.
  10. 09 Feb '18 20:09
    Originally posted by @whodey
    How can one seriously say that either party is all that different considering their track records?
    By examining reality and history. You should try it sometime.
  11. 09 Feb '18 22:55
    Originally posted by @no1marauder
    What did you expect the Dems to do? Hold their breath and shut down the government?

    At least they got some money for social spending; the tax cut was going to blow up the deficit anyway.
    "What did you expect the Dems to do? Hold their breath and shut down the government?"
    yes, you're right, bending over for scraps is a much better idea. they were elected to support what republicans want, not what's best for the people. 160 billion extra on a military budget already larger than the next 10 countries combined is a wonderful way to help the people.

    of course, once you realize that dems also have wealthy donors that pressured them into passing a budget, any budget, their vote becomes much clearer.

    "At least they got some money for social spending"
    yes, and that's considered a win? on measures that help all americans? on measures the republicans would have been pressured by the public to enact anyway.
  12. 09 Feb '18 22:59
    Originally posted by @whodey
    The Dims got what they wanted which is higher deficits and spending.

    Having a debt ceiling is what is hysterically funny. They have raised the debt ceiling so many times that the Capital has become a 75 story high rise. Why not rename it Drumpf tower?
    160 billions EXTRA for defense spending (rich contractors) 130 billions for a ton of various programs (many of which will be getting pocket change out of those billions).

    can you fukin count or are you retarded? what number do you think is larger? the one that represents extra military funding or the one that is supporting all those various programs, including disaster relief and healthcare for children?
  13. 09 Feb '18 23:03
    Originally posted by @zahlanzi
    160 billions EXTRA for defense spending (rich contractors) 130 billions for a ton of various programs (many of which will be getting pocket change out of those billions).

    can you fukin count or are you retarded? what number do you think is larger? the one that represents extra military funding or the one that is supporting all those various programs, including disaster relief and healthcare for children?
    Maybe try to track down some of those trillions in stimulus money Obama spent.

    Good luck with that.
  14. 09 Feb '18 23:09
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Maybe try to track down some of those trillions in stimulus money Obama spent.

    Good luck with that.
    oh? you mean the stimulus money that made the stock market reach record highs until recently? that reduced unemployment? that money?
  15. 09 Feb '18 23:21
    Originally posted by @zahlanzi
    oh? you mean the stimulus money that made the stock market reach record highs until recently? that reduced unemployment? that money?
    What is the difference between a tax break and a stimulus?

    It's about the same difference between prostitution and porn.