Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Aug '15 14:52
    How will your GOP bring down Trump, or will he bring himself down?
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    23 Aug '15 16:22
    Trump is the best thing that could've happened to the GOP. By the time he finally comes crashing down, the actual nominee will seem so much more level headed and presidential by comparison.

Donald Trump: taking one for the team.
  3. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    23 Aug '15 16:27
    Can we finally say, in light of the fact that Donald freakin' Trump is front-runner for the GOP, that Republicans are god-damned morons?
  4. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    23 Aug '15 16:42
    Originally posted by whodey
    I don't think he can say much to bring himself down more than he already has. I just think that when it comes time to actually vote in the primaries, the voters will take the process more seriously than the poll respondents are now.

It's not that uncommon for a big name to lead at this point and then simply fade away once the real action starts. Dick Gephart, Fred Thompson and Rudy Giuliani come to mind as people who had leads and then didn't make much of an impact in the actual primaries.
  5. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    23 Aug '15 16:45
    Originally posted by vivify
    Can we finally say, in light of the fact that Donald freakin' Trump is front-runner for the GOP, that Republicans are god-damned morons?
    It's still extremely early.

Come back to me when he has 500 delegates and then we can talk about that question.
  6. Germany
    Moves
    23 Aug '15 17:05
    The main reason he is doing well in polls is name recognition. Trump does well in the racist scumbag segment of the GOP electorate, but that is not enough to win the nomination.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Aug '15 20:01
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    The main reason he is doing well in polls is name recognition. Trump does well in the racist scumbag segment of the GOP electorate, but that is not enough to win the nomination.
    People are simply angry and feel helpless. This is why people connect with him.

What do we learn from his speeches?

1.Religion……….His book is second ONLY to the Bible

2.Trade……..The Chinese cheat and our negotiators are “stupid”

3.Immigration……Building a “beautiful wall” with Trump’s name on it is THE answer.

4.ISIS………”Let’s go to Iraq and steal their oil”

5.Jobs…………”I will be the best job-president that God has ever created”

6.Infrastructure…I have built beautiful buildings all over the east coast”

7.Campaign funding………”Yeah, yeah, I used to bribe politicians myself…but not any more…”

8.Media’s influence……….”Networks love me……my antics are fun to watch and increase ratings.”

9.Women’s Issues………..”I adore and worship women……just ask my previous wives.”

10.Education…………..”I went to the best school for only smart people……and I’m very smart”

Trump has charisma coupled with demagoguery. Now all he has to do is offer a free phone and he should at least win the popular vote.

I doubt he could ever win the electorate. That system keeps out people like Trump. Only Bush or Hilary will do.
  8. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Aug '15 12:432 edits
    Not to pick on you or anything sh76, but quotes like this from lawyers like you are an example of why Trump is winning.

"I nominate whodey for RHP's most underrated wit. Whodey may be a political nutjob and perpetual cynic bereft of intellectual contribution to the forum, but he does come up with some excellent one liners now and then!"

People are just tired of establishment lawyers talking down to them and treating them as they are stupid and raping them with words with a smile on their collective faces. This is why both Donald and Carson, who are not lawyers and considered outsiders, are doing so well with about 40% of the GOP vote combined.

No doubt, you will find a way to overcome them and elect someone like Jeb.....again, but just know, we are tired of it.

Although Trump's rhetoric may be empty, which no doubt it is, at least he fighting back and people are enjoying it.
  9. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    24 Aug '15 14:53
    clearly lose to a democratic candidate in the presidential race.

the democrats could send hillary and bernie home and put a chimpanzee as the dem candidate and would still win the presidency
  10. Standard membersh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    New York
    Moves
    24 Aug '15 14:55
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi

the democrats could send hillary and bernie home and put a chimpanzee as the dem candidate and would still win the presidency
    Now, now. I get that Joe Biden has had his problems with his mouth, but let's not be mean.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Aug '15 15:55
    People are simply angry and feel helpless. This is why people connect with him.

What do we learn from his speeches?

1.Religion……….His book is second ONLY to the Bible

2.Trade……..The Chinese cheat and our negotiators are “stupid”

3.Immigration……Building a “beautiful wall” with Trump’s name on it is THE answer.

4.ISIS………”Let’s go to ...[text shortened]... ever win the electorate. That system keeps out people like Trump. Only Bush or Hilary will do.
    Trump has the courage to point out what many of us who aren't stupid already know. The Democrat leadership has already demonstrated that in foreign policy they are bad negotiators. All they know how to do is bride the other countries with money and they have to borrow the money to do it. If that isn't stupid, I don't know what is.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Aug '15 16:034 edits
    The ones that are morons are the ones that keep voting for these liberal politicians that are really only in it for themselves, but test the winds to make sure thay are politically correct to keep getting the votes of morons and welfare people. Obama broke nearly every promise he made in his campaign for President, but is still a hero because of his Obama care, his Nobel Peace Prize for I don't know what, his secret negotiations to trade five terrorists for a deserter, his deal with Iran, and his authorization to allow the Navy Seals to go in and kill Bin Laden.

Top five: Broken Obama campaign promises

YouTube

Grand promises not keep after first term

YouTube

65 Outrageous Lies by President Obama

YouTube
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    24 Aug '15 17:51
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi

A chimpanzee?

Will Jeb due?
  14. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    24 Aug '15 21:52
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Nice of you to pass judgement on a segment of Americans you don't know at all with a pejorative like "racist scumbags".
  15. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    24 Aug '15 21:54
    Originally posted by sh76
    Now, now. I get that Joe Biden has had his problems with his mouth, but let's not be mean.
    😀😀