Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Subscriber divegeester
    Nice suit...
    25 Feb '17 10:21
    What is it about Trump that you like the most?
  2. 25 Feb '17 11:12
    Originally posted by divegeester
    The comedy he provides to the rest of the world.
  3. 25 Feb '17 12:43 / 9 edits
    I am not a Republican, but there are some aspects to Trump I enjoy. I reckon the lack of concern for political correctness is what I enjoy the most. Also, his blatant disregard for the sycophants in the media that want to see him die is also refreshing, instead of pretending that they are unbiased and are only trying to report the news.

However, Trump is nothing more than an un-PC Progressive. He will do nothing about Obamacare and nothing about the insane spending in the Federal government. In fact, he will probably only make things worse.

As for immigration and the wall, I suspect he will be thwarted there as well, just like the courts stopped him from his immigration ban.

Trump will be a great rallying cry for the Dims who desperately needed this for support, support they would not otherwise have. Then the same scenario will repeat itself as it always does as the populace turns from one political party to the other. The citizens of the US are like a child in a custody battle between two abusive parents. The abused citizens of the United States will endure the abuse from one parent and then as the memory of the abuse of the other parent starts to fade they will turn to the other. Wash, rinse, repeat..

No, if people really want change they should pray for the collapse of the US federal government due to insane fiscal policy or polarization or they can support the Article V movement. It is your choice.
  4. 25 Feb '17 12:49
    He is willing to do away with Obama policy.

Example: no longer are schools being told by the federal government to allow boys who want to use the girl's bathroom and showers to use them.

That is one perversion that is no longer being forced on us.
  5. 25 Feb '17 12:52 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Eladar

Example: no longer are schools being told by the federal government to allow boys who want to use the girl's bathroom and showers to use them.

I'll have you know that teenage boys around America are outraged by this development.

I mean, what teenage boy does not want to shower with teenage girls?

Once again, we have become more polarized.
  6. 25 Feb '17 12:57 / 1 edit
    Trump will hopefully appoint judges who will keep nut job people like Obama from implementing illegal policies by fiat.

The same judges will refrain from doing the same.
  7. 25 Feb '17 13:21
    Trump will hopefully appoint judges who will keep nut job people like Obama from implementing illegal policies by fiat.

The court system is packed with libs and always will be. Trump may be able to appoint a few but by in large it is just a drop in a utopian Prog ocean.
  8. 25 Feb '17 13:24
    Originally posted by whodey
    The court system is packed with libs and always will be. Trump may be able to appoint a few but by in large it is just a drop in a utopian Prog ocean.
    The Supreme Court is the only one that can rule by fiat.

If he can replace a liberal seat or two with consevatives that would work.
  9. 25 Feb '17 13:26
    The Supreme Court is the only one that can rule by fiat.

If he can replace a liberal seat or two with consevatives that would work.
    Appoint a stooge to legislate the Constitution, eh?

This is what the Republic has come to?

Support the Article V movement Eladar. This is NOT the way it was meant to be, nor is it the way most want it to be.
  10. 25 Feb '17 13:28
    Appoint a stooge to legislate the Constitution, eh?

This is what the Republic has come to?

Support the Article V movement Eladar. This is NOT the way it was meant to be, nor is it the way most want it to be.
    One does not prevent the other.
  11. 25 Feb '17 13:48 / 2 edits
    One does not prevent the other.
    SCOTUS should not be the last word on what is Constitutional.

This is NOT in the Constitution, rather, it has been adopted after the Marbury vs. Madison ruling.

Shortly afterwards, the Dred Scott Decision was declared Constitutional by SCOTUS. Do we really want 9 black robes to violate the Constitution like that unchallenged?

There are various suggested amendments suggested to help fix this.

What we have now is a perpetual Constitutional convention of 9 black robes.
  12. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    25 Feb '17 13:59
    I am not a Republican, but there are some aspects to Trump I enjoy. I reckon the lack of concern for political correctness is what I enjoy the most. Also, his blatant disregard for the sycophants in the media that want to see him die is also refreshing, instead of pretending that they are unbiased and are only trying to report the news.

However, Trump is ...[text shortened]... ne fiscal policy or polarization or they can support the Article V movement. It is your choice.
    I can see how the shredding of the government might appeal to you anarchist types.
  13. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    25 Feb '17 14:00

Your ignorance is truly astounding.
  14. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    25 Feb '17 14:04

"keep nut job people from implementing illegal policies by fiat"

You mean like how Trump tried to shove the illegal Muslim ban down our throats by fiat?
  15. 25 Feb '17 14:14
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    I can see how the shredding of the government might appeal to you anarchist types.
    Exactly where did I propose anarchy?

What I propose is a Constitutional amendment process subscribed by the Constitution.

Please explain yourself.