Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Zugzwang
    Moves
    04 Apr '15 19:22
    Originally posted by Quarl to KazetNagorra
    All of them? Immediately? Source please.

Why don't they kill themselves when in prison instead of waiting til they're released?

I have no strong opinion...just curious.
    Does Quarl have enough wits to recognize obvious sarcasm?
  2. Standard memberQuarl
    Quarl
    Moves
    04 Apr '15 20:32
    Originally posted by Duchess64
    Does Quarl have enough wits to recognize obvious sarcasm?
    Ah, is that it then? I am incapable of recognizing sarcasm. That is very possible in light of what I see posted here and the effort needed to take it seriously. Let me be first to say it is extremely difficult to sort many of the comments made on these threads as to which are serious, sarcasm or simply asinine jokes.

Was it sarcasm on your part when you said a person in the US must prove his innocence when charged with a crime? You posted: "he didn't have the money to prove his innocence at trial."

It was very hard to believe US courts function in this manner but now that you say it may have only been sarcasm, I will use this as a measure to sort your comments in future and not overlook your efforts at sarcasm.
  3. Zugzwang
    Moves
    04 Apr '15 20:40
    Originally posted by Quarl
    Ah, is that it then? I am incapable of recognizing sarcasm. That is very possible in light of what I see posted here and the effort needed to take it seriously. Let me be first to say it is extremely difficult to sort many of the comments made on these threads as to which are serious, sarcasm or simply asinine jokes.

Was it sarcasm on your part when you sa ...[text shortened]... use this as a measure to sort your comments in future and not overlook your efforts at sarcasm.
    "Was it sarcasm on your part when you (Duchess64) said a person in the
    US must prove his innocence when charged with a crime?"
    --Quarl

You (Quarl) have poor reading comprehension. I did *not* make that statement.
    I *quoted* a statement made by Ray Hinton's lawyer (now). Of course, I do
    *not necessarily* agree with every statement (including sarcasm) that I quote.
  4. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    Just another day
    tinyurl.com/y3ngvdp2
    Moves
    05 Apr '15 14:45
    If the police can be trusted with pistols then the justice system can be trusted with the death penalty.
  5. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    05 Apr '15 19:57
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    If the police can be trusted with pistols then the justice system can be trusted with the death penalty.
    That doesn't answer the original question, just extends it to another area.