04 Feb '05
    Moves
    24 May '16 13:02
  2. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    24 May '16 15:24
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gT-vJg-EfM
    Syrians are largely white not brown skinned. Each nation must weigh its risks, and whether they want more Syrian immigrants.
  3. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    24 May '16 16:15
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Syrians are largely white not brown skinned. Each nation must weigh its risks, and whether they want more Syrian immigrants.
    "Syrians are largely white not brown skinned"
    where is this coming from? did you click on the video, take a look at the reporter and assumed he was syrian?

"Each nation must weigh its risks, and whether they want more Syrian immigrants"
    there are no risks.
  4. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    24 May '16 16:20
    "Syrians are largely white not brown skinned"
    where is this coming from? did you click on the video, take a look at the reporter and assumed he was syrian?

"Each nation must weigh its risks, and whether they want more Syrian immigrants"
    there are no risks.
    No Beavis, I personally know Syrian people.

Every action has benefits, costs, and risks.
  5. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    25 May '16 09:051 edit
    Originally posted by normbenign
    No Beavis, I personally know Syrian people.

Every action has benefits, costs, and risks.
    "No Beavis, I personally know Syrian people."
    ? why is this relevant?

"Every action has benefits, costs, and risks"
    in this case, human beings are being miserable because of something your country did. do you want to discuss the benefits of helping them ? as in "what's in it for me for helping someone in dire need?"
    do you want to discuss the costs? i would say, without needing a single shred of evidence, that they are a tad smaller than the cost of the iraq war. they are smaller than the tax cuts you give to the super rich. they are smaller than what you spend each year on your military.

do you want to discuss the risks?
    each year more americans die to guns than they do to terrorists. each year more americans die to AMERICAN terrorists than they do to muslim ones.

Canada understands basic humanity. Do you?
  6. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    25 May '16 21:19
    "No Beavis, I personally know Syrian people."
    ? why is this relevant?

"Every action has benefits, costs, and risks"
    in this case, human beings are being miserable because of something your country did. do you want to discuss the benefits of helping them ? as in "what's in it for me for helping someone in dire need?"
    do you want to discuss the costs? ...[text shortened]... CAN terrorists than they do to muslim ones.

Canada understands basic humanity. Do you?
    I think Germany is the one taking in the most in Europe, a million and counting. Canada is up to what, 25,000? Between Jordan and Germany, maybe 3 million. Perhaps Canada should follow their example.

They could add 10% to their population in a few months....
  7. Account suspended
    Moves
    25 May '16 22:26
    [b
    Canada understands basic humanity. Do you?[/b]
    Yeah Canada's taken in a whopping 25,000 refugees compared to the millions that have overrun Europe they're the Albert Schweitzer of nations.
  8. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    26 May '16 00:06
    Originally posted by FishHead111
    Yeah Canada's taken in a whopping 25,000 refugees compared to the millions that have overrun Europe they're the Albert Schweitzer of nations.
    how many did the US take in? not counting the ones detained in guantanamo without a trial.

canada didn't have to take even 1 refugee. they took more. for those 25000 it made a difference.

how about you don't mock canada for only taking X when you took 0.