Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

  1. Subscriber Proper Knob
    Cornovii
    24 Aug '10 14:30
    The NI Police Ombudsman has found the police colluded with the government and the Catholic Church to cover-up the suspected role of a Catholic priest in a bomb attack in Claudy, County Londonderry on 31 July 1972.

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-11069698

    If it's not the cover up of sexual abuse of priests by their superiors and people in Government, it now appears a Catholic priest was involved in the murder of 9 innocent people and instead of being handed over to the appropriate authorities was simply moved elsewhere.

    Gotta love Gods work.
  2. 24 Aug '10 14:34
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    The NI Police Ombudsman has found the police colluded with the government and the Catholic Church to cover-up the suspected role of a Catholic priest in a bomb attack in Claudy, County Londonderry on 31 July 1972.

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-11069698

    If it's not the cover up of sexual abuse of priests by their superiors and peopl ...[text shortened]... handed over to the appropriate authorities was simply moved elsewhere.

    Gotta love Gods work.
    Lies. We all know that there is no sin in the Catholic church.
  3. Standard member avalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    24 Aug '10 16:07
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    The NI Police Ombudsman has found the police colluded with the government and the Catholic Church to cover-up the suspected role of a Catholic priest in a bomb attack in Claudy, County Londonderry on 31 July 1972.

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-11069698

    If it's not the cover up of sexual abuse of priests by their superiors and peopl ...[text shortened]... handed over to the appropriate authorities was simply moved elsewhere.

    Gotta love Gods work.
    No dude, it's only god's work if it's good. Any bad stuff is down to either the devil or man, depending on which particular brand of godliness one follows.
  4. 24 Aug '10 18:14 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    The NI Police Ombudsman has found the police colluded with the government and the Catholic Church to cover-up the suspected role of a Catholic priest in a bomb attack in Claudy, County Londonderry on 31 July 1972.

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-northern-ireland-11069698

    If it's not the cover up of sexual abuse of priests by their superiors and peopl ...[text shortened]... handed over to the appropriate authorities was simply moved elsewhere.

    Gotta love Gods work.
    Im sure you enjoy these gratuitous cheapshots of yours, but really, its getting pretty tiresome now. Only a mindless dullard would have the lack of decency to come here and complacently pollute this forum with such frivolous statements ("gotta love Gods work" )
  5. 24 Aug '10 18:46
    don't forget the Democrats.
  6. 24 Aug '10 18:48
    Originally posted by zeeblebot
    don't forget the Democrats.
    Lies. We all know that the Democrat party is sinless.
  7. Subscriber Proper Knob
    Cornovii
    24 Aug '10 19:04 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    Im sure you enjoy these gratuitous cheapshots of yours, but really, its getting pretty tiresome now. Only a mindless dullard would have the lack of decency to come here and complacently pollute this forum with such frivolous statements ("gotta love Gods work" )
    Anything constructive to say about the murder of nine innocent people (including three children), or are you merely going to continue your insipid drivel?
  8. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    24 Aug '10 20:25 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Anything constructive to say about the murder of nine innocent people (including three children), or are you merely going to continue your insipid drivel?
    It has never even been shown that the IRA was involved in these particular bombings which killed both Catholics and Protestants. Nor were ANY arrests ever made in the case. To leap from the suspicions of members of the British police to saying a priest was complicit in the deaths of "9 innocent people" is irresponsible.

    As Sinn Fein as said this case and others should be investigated by an international commission not by the members of an occupying force and their lackeys. That's what you should be insisting on if you desire the truth rather than scoring some propaganda points.

    EDIT: Actually some arrests were made in 2005 but the "suspects" were released within days without formal charges being filed.
  9. Subscriber Proper Knob
    Cornovii
    24 Aug '10 20:34 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    It has never even been shown that the IRA was involved in these particular bombings which killed both Catholics and Protestants. Nor were ANY arrests ever made in the case. To leap from the suspicions of members of the British police to saying a priest was complicit in the deaths of "9 innocent people" is irresponsible.

    As Sinn Fein as sai ou should be insisting on if you desire the truth rather than scoring some propaganda points.
    So your position is that this report is a whitewash?

    And are you claiming i'm irresponsible or the NI Police Ombudsmans report?
  10. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    24 Aug '10 20:39
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    So your position is that this report is a whitewash?

    And are you claiming i'm irresponsible or the NI Police Ombudsmans report?
    I wouldn't say it's a "whitewash". I'd say that irresponsible conclusions are being drawn based on very few facts.
  11. 25 Aug '10 16:31
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    Anything constructive to say about the murder of nine innocent people (including three children), or are you merely going to continue your insipid drivel?
    You're in no position to lecture me on the pointlessness of such insipid drivel, as you have mastered this art yourself and is an enthusiastic poster when it comes to propagating this, ("Gotta love Gods work." remember?). My comment was only a natural reaction to your gratuitous display of immaturity.
  12. Standard member avalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    25 Aug '10 16:38
    Originally posted by generalissimo
    You're in no position to lecture me on the pointlessness of such insipid drivel, as you have mastered this art yourself and is an enthusiastic poster when it comes to propagating this, ("Gotta love Gods work." remember?). My comment was only a natural reaction to your gratuitous display of immaturity.
    I see a provocative and somewhat sarcastic statement, how is that gratuitously immature?
  13. 25 Aug '10 16:49 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    I see a provocative and somewhat sarcastic statement, how is that gratuitously immature?
    I personally find it immature that he'd choose to attack the church with such low remarks instead of making any thoughtful remark on the actual crime. the reference to sexual abuse for example was uncalled for.
  14. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    25 Aug '10 16:57 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    I see a provocative and somewhat sarcastic statement, how is that gratuitously immature?
    Without necessarily needing to answer for generalissimo, I will nevertheless give it a shot.

    PK knows perfectly well that the implication of a single Priest in a single terrorist act (and even the cover-up thereof) does little or nothing to impugn Catholic priests or Catholics in general.

    Ergo, the phrase "Gods work" was more than merely provocative. It was an intentionally hyperbolic bait aimed at Catholics. I don't know if I'd necessarily ascribe the term "immature" to it, but "gratuitous"? Sure.
  15. Standard member avalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    25 Aug '10 17:40
    Originally posted by sh76
    Without necessarily needing to answer for generalissimo, I will nevertheless give it a shot.

    PK knows perfectly well that the implication of a single Priest in a single terrorist act (and even the cover-up thereof) does little or nothing to impugn Catholic priests or Catholics in general.

    Ergo, the phrase "Gods work" was more than merely provocative. It w ...[text shortened]... don't know if I'd necessarily ascribe the term "immature" to it, but "gratuitous"? Sure.
    I hear ya both. I can see 'gratuitous'. I still don't see 'immature' though. I don't think I've ever seen PK guilty of that particular trait!