Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 16 Feb '11 00:20
    Reports are that it was an extended and brutal assault by a large group of the Cairo mob. My first and current thought is that these bastards deserve a dictator.
  2. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    16 Feb '11 00:39
    Originally posted by badmoon
    Reports are that it was an extended and brutal assault by a large group of the Cairo mob. My first and current thought is that these bastards deserve a dictator.
    Thank goodness we never have sexual assaults here in the US.
  3. 16 Feb '11 00:50
    When ws yhe last time we had a mob rape a foreign coorespondance. Pisses me off. That's the way I feel about it right now. You want to rationalize it, go ahead.
  4. 16 Feb '11 00:56
    When ws yhe last time we had a mob rape a foreign coorespondance. Pisses me off. That's the way I feel about it right now. You want to rationalize it, go ahead.
    No one is condoning or rrationalizing it.

The point is that it isn't a reason why the country deserves a dictator.

The people who did attack her do deserve a dictator in the name of a prison warden.
  5. 16 Feb '11 00:57
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Thank goodness we never have sexual assaults here in the US.
    ha ha , very funny

not exactly the same thing

what group is responsible for most sexual assaults in the US?

Oh wait maybe it is the same thing
  6. 16 Feb '11 00:59
    If CBS had ugly female journalists it probably would not have happened.

Lara Logan is hot!
  7. 16 Feb '11 01:04 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Sam The Sham
    ha ha , very funny

not exactly the same thing

what group is responsible for most sexual assaults in the US?

Oh wait maybe it is the same thing
    Well, if you are talking about lifetime rate of rape/attempted rape for women by race then it is a pretty tough stretch to equate Native Americans (34% ) to Egyptians. I'm not real sure what you are driving at, but I would go back and check your stats.

http://www.rainn.org/get-information/statistics/sexual-assault-victims

And gang rape is not an unheard of thing in the U.S. Just 2 days ago a group of 13 year old boys rape a classmate as she was walking home.

http://www.deccanchronicle.com/international/us-students-gangrape-classmate-526
  8. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    16 Feb '11 01:09
    Originally posted by Metal Brain
    If CBS had ugly female journalists it probably would not have happened.

Lara Logan is hot!
    Rape is a crime of violence committed against all kinds and ages of women including babies. It has nothing to do with people like you whacking off while you slobber over glossy pictures of celebrities.
  9. Subscriber FMF
    a.k.a. John W Booth
    16 Feb '11 01:14
    Apparently there have been at least 76 comparable assaults on journalists in Egypt, including Egyptian journalists, in the last couple of weeks. One wonders why you waited until an American one was assaulted before becoming outraged.
  10. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    16 Feb '11 01:43
    What about the people who rescued her? What do they deserve?
  11. Standard member Palynka
    Upward Spiral
    16 Feb '11 01:46
    And all so you can get the live coverage from within the crowd for enhanced realism.
  12. 16 Feb '11 02:01
    Originally posted by FMF
    Apparently there have been at least 76 comparable assaults on journalists in Egypt, including Egyptian journalists, in the last couple of weeks. One wonders why you waited until an American one was assaulted before becoming outraged.
    Why? Is it now a crime on this site to be upset?

I get it, to the rest of you. Sometimes stoicism doesn't cut it for me.
  13. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    16 Feb '11 02:16
    Why? Is it now a crime on this site to be upset?

I get it, to the rest of you. Sometimes stoicism doesn't cut it for me.
    You didn't indicate you were upset about the between 500-1000 Egyptians being killed by government forces during the protests. Do you only get upset when bad things happen to pretty US reporters?

It's a tragic occurrence for her personally and I hope she gets the help she needs. But to go from this incident to "they [the Egyptian people] deserve a dictator" is a jump to irrationality I'm not willing to take.
  14. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    16 Feb '11 02:20
    Originally posted by FMF
    Rape is a crime of violence committed against all kinds and ages of women including babies. It has nothing to do with people like you whacking off while you slobber over glossy pictures of celebrities.
    And men, especially in prison.
  15. Subscriber AThousandYoung
    Poor Filipov :,(
    16 Feb '11 02:26 / 1 edit
    nvm