Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 15 Jun '17 08:56
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0lwiInZG1E

"From the files of "Fuked Up But Still Legal," we present minors getting married"
  2. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    15 Jun '17 09:42
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi

"From the files of "Fuked Up But Still Legal," we present minors getting married"
    WTF.

Seriously?
    Haha
    Man oh man.
  3. 15 Jun '17 14:12

Stop with the Mohammad hatred.

Just stop it!
  4. 15 Jun '17 14:24
    Originally posted by whodey

Just stop it!
    I cannot imagine what religion has to do with anything!
    For gods sake - Just stop it!
  5. 16 Jun '17 02:40
    He is referencing the claim that as an adult Mohammed married a child.
  6. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    16 Jun '17 07:36
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Good job, Captain Obvious.

I mean, usually the point entirely eludes you.
  7. 16 Jun '17 08:17 / 1 edit
    yes, dear, someone else does or did something obviously wrong. congrats, you're in a select club.
  8. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    16 Jun '17 23:20 / 1 edit

Just stop it!
    167,000 children, some as young as 12, were married between 2000 and 2010 in the USA.

No! That is something you seem to have missed.

IN THE USA

New Jersey nearly passed a law to prevent marriage below 18 but it was vetoed by Governor Christie because "we don't want to impinge on the cultural traditions of New Jerseyans."

But this is factual sort of stuff - nothing you would be wanting to watch.

Other sources for the same information - plenty - just Google or, for example:

https://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/14/opinion/americas-child-marriage-problem.html

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/child-marriage-chart-reveals-girls-can-still-get-married-at-12-in-some-parts-of-the-us-as-lawmakers-a6921246.html

and how about this Whodey:

And a separate Statista chart plotting the minimum legal age of marriage for girls worldwide reveals that the US is one of the lowest on record, with several places - including Massachusetts - allowing girls as young as 12 to be wed with the consent of a judge.

It is matched only by Saudi Arabia and Yemen, where age of consent for marriage ranges between nine and 13 years old.

Not for nothing do we refer to the American Taliban.
  9. 17 Jun '17 00:52
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Good job, Captain Obvious.

I mean, usually the point entirely eludes you.
    What a Christian response.
  10. Standard member finnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    18 Jun '17 01:46
    What a Christian response.
    Whereas you have no response.
  11. 18 Jun '17 02:36

Ah yes, the U.S. of A. that claims to be Christian and abhors and fears Sharia law. Child marriage is sickening.
  12. Standard member wolfgang59
    Infidel
    18 Jun '17 02:41

I thought they had to be cousins to marry young?
  13. 18 Jun '17 11:55 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by finnegan
    167,000 children, some as young as 12, were married between 2000 and 2010 in the USA.

No! That is something you seem to have missed.

IN THE USA

New Jersey nearly passed a law to prevent marriage below 18 but it was vetoed by Governor Christie because "we don't want to impinge on the cultural traditions of New Jerseyans."

But this is factual ...[text shortened]... between nine and 13 years old. [/quote]

Not for nothing do we refer to the American Taliban.
    You know, people like yourself confuse the hell out of me. Here is a person who started a thread trying to defend or explain away Mohammad marrying a child, a child that was under 12 I might add. At least those in the US wait until girls reach puberty where they are biologically ready for sex, but I digress. Then you seem to be bashing Islam by trying to compare them to American conservatives?

I'm sorry, where are you endless posts defending conservatives in the US like you do Islam? Is it because American conservatives don't revere a warlord who advocated taking women sex slaves? Is it because American conservatives don't adhere to Sharia law and demand government and religion to be as one? Or is it because American conservatives don't have world wide terrorist organizations that wish to destroy Western Civilization? I think the biggest rub of all is, no where in the teachings of Christ is child brides advocated and it's leader did not engage in it, yet I'm to be expected to embrace Islam as just another religion that is like Christianity? I don't think so.

What really confuses the hell out of me though is that you seem to advocate welcoming immigrants that condone child sex by the droves into your vastly superior culture that shuns child marriages, but embraces tolerating children having sex by giving them contraceptives in school and abortion on demand so that they will never be held accountable for their sexual behavior, just so long as they are promiscuous and don't get married. I suppose your vastly superior secular society will convert them into becoming civilized instead of changing your own culture to mirror that of Yemen, eh Fin?

So like Hillary Clinton and the droves of sycophants that think like her, the American conservatives is the Taliban.

Yes, thanks for that.
  14. 18 Jun '17 12:02
    You know, people like yourself confuse the hell out of me. Here is a person who started a thread trying to defend or explain away Mohammad marrying a child, a child that was under 12 I might add. At least those in the US wait until girls reach puberty where they are biologically ready for sex, but I digress. Then you seem to be bashing Islam by trying to c ...[text shortened]... ophants that think like her, the American conservatives is the Taliban.

Yes, thanks for that.
    Have you read the Bible? It literally advocates taking women as sex slaves.

You seem to persistently confuse defending freedom of religion (something you apparently abhor) and defending the particular tenets of a particular religion.
  15. 18 Jun '17 12:28
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    Have you read the Bible? It literally advocates taking women as sex slaves.

You seem to persistently confuse defending freedom of religion (something you apparently abhor) and defending the particular tenets of a particular religion.
    Are you a Muslim ?