Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 27 Jul '13 04:12
    http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/07/26/Christie-nsa-critics-should-talk-to-911-families/

Chris Christie is at it again. He is defending the NSA spying on US citizens and attacking their detractors as being esoteric philosophers. You know, kind of like the Founding Fathers.

I think the reason Christie did not run last election cycle is because he did not differ much from Obama or Romney on many issues such as this. However, I think his time may come in 2016 to wrap up the GOP nomination. Stances like this on defending the status quo should make him a lock for the nomination.
  2. 27 Jul '13 15:14
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com/2013/07/26/Christie-nsa-critics-should-talk-to-911-families/

Chris Christie is at it again. He is defending the NSA spying on US citizens and attacking their detractors as being esoteric philosophers. You know, kind of like the Founding Fathers.

I think the reason Christie did not run last election cycle is because ...[text shortened]... ation. Stances like this on defending the status quo should make him a lock for the nomination.
    The NSA thing just goes to demonstrate that powers that be are in control and only a minority of politicians are actually looking out for what's right.
  3. 27 Jul '13 18:22
    Originally posted by Eladar
    The NSA thing just goes to demonstrate that powers that be are in control and only a minority of politicians are actually looking out for what's right.
    I often wonder if certain politicians are placed in the system just to make it appear that people like us have a voice. I'm still not sold on the idea that they exist.
  4. 27 Jul '13 19:09
    I often wonder if certain politicians are placed in the system just to make it appear that people like us have a voice. I'm still not sold on the idea that they exist.
    Certain politicians? I'd say well over half are bought and paid for in both parties.
  5. 29 Jul '13 11:22

I think the reason Christie did not run last election cycle is because ...[text shortened]... ation. Stances like this on defending the status quo should make him a lock for the nomination.
    As an aside, I would say Christie is the only potential GOP nominee for 2016 that has a chance at being competitive with Clinton. Maybe also Jeb Bush or Rubio, of whom both support at least aspects of the NSA activity and also comprehensive immigration reform.

Who else? Santorum, Huckabee, R. Paul, Palin? Haha
  6. 29 Jul '13 12:36 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by moon1969
    As an aside, I would say Christie is the only potential GOP nominee for 2016 that has a chance at being competitive with Clinton. Maybe also Jeb Bush or Rubio, of whom both support at least aspects of the NSA activity and also comprehensive immigration reform.

Who else? Santorum, Huckabee, R. Paul, Palin? Haha
    "W" has ruined the moderate wing of the GOP. That is why those like him such as McCain and Romney lost and is why Christie will lose as well.

Conservatives have all but been forgotten in the GOP. The problem is, who else is gonna vote for these big government GOP clowns? Is it people like you? LOL.

What would be interesting is a candidate that conservatives could embrace. My thinking though is that they could not win the GOP nomination, much like Joe Liberman could not win the DNC nomination in his own party, but could and did win in the general elections.
  7. 29 Jul '13 14:36 / 1 edit
    "W" has ruined the moderate wing of the GOP. That is why those like him such as McCain and Romney lost and is why Christie will lose as well.

Conservatives have all but been forgotten in the GOP. The problem is, who else is gonna vote for these big government GOP clowns? Is it people like you? LOL.

What would be interesting is a candidate that conse ...[text shortened]... d not win the DNC nomination in his own party, but could and did win in the general elections.
    Joe Lieberman was and is very popular in Connecticut. There is no analogous independent on the national level that could win the general election for President.

Fortunately, for our country, it will be the Democrat nominee who wins. The other party -- the party of angry white men -- is a dinosaur and outnumbered. Likewise, the demographics clearly do not support a third-party fringe libertarian type.
  8. 29 Jul '13 15:16
    Originally posted by moon1969
    Joe Lieberman was and is very popular in Connecticut. There is no analogous independent on the national level that could win the general election for President.

Fortunately, for our country, it will be the Democrat nominee who wins. The other party -- the party of angry white men -- is a dinosaur and outnumbered. Likewise, the demographics clearly do not support a third-party fringe libertarian type.
    Angry white guys know that the system is broken and don't vote. How can a party be based on angry white guys? If it was made up of such people, then none would ever get elected.