Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    04 May '15 11:151 edit
    YouTube

Well done Chris. Chris brings up a myriad of good points.

1. Why is the prosecutor in Baltimore being so political? Why is she saying that justice will be sought to ease tensions in the community? Shouldn't justice be sought because that is the job of the courts? It seems that this sort of speech will do nothing other than encourage people to riot for justice in the future.

2. How is it that Dims who have controlled Baltimore for the last 50 years take no accountability for any short comings? Why does she blame the governor? Edwards says that the governor is at fault because of lack of funding, but Chris points out that Baltimore spends more on schools than most places in the US, yet Edwards continues to blame the governor?

3. It's not just about the rioting. Baltimore is in ruins with high unemployment and high crime. I guess it's all the governors fault.

One thing I've always wondered is, why is the anger directed at the policemen not seen as racism? After all, 3 of them were black
  2. Joined
    30 Dec '04
    Moves
    04 May '15 12:25
    Agree. Alan Dershowitz has a similar view point.

http://www.inquisitr.com/2061630/alan-dershowitz-harvard-law-professor-slams-marilyn-mosby-for-charges-brought-against-officers/
  3. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    04 May '15 21:55
    Originally posted by boonon
    Agree. Alan Dershowitz has a similar view point.

http://www.inquisitr.com/2061630/alan-dershowitz-harvard-law-professor-slams-marilyn-mosby-for-charges-brought-against-officers/
    Right wingers parroting the right wing line.
  4. Joined
    30 Dec '04
    Moves
    05 May '15 01:20
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Not sure if you watched the video. It sounded like a law professor claiming that the Baltimore distinct attorney was at the very least , not following sound legal doctrine. I am admittedly not a legal expert myself. I didn't infer or read anything 'right wing' in his comments.
  5. The Catbird's Seat
    Moves
    05 May '15 16:541 edit
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Alan Dershowitz is a right winger?? 🙄🙄 Interestingly, Dershowitz thinks that there will be no convictions, and if there are any they will be reversed on appeal.
  6. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    06 May '15 02:382 edits
    Originally posted by normbenign
    Alan Dershowitz is a right winger?? 🙄🙄 Interestingly, Dershowitz thinks that there will be no convictions, and if there are any they will be reversed on appeal.
    For a partisan hack like marauder any criticism of Dims is seen as a partisan hack job.

I'm not fond of the GOP either. They do virtually nothing..........literally. The GOP does not care anymore about the poor people in Baltimore than the Dims do.
  7. Garner, NC
    Moves
    06 May '15 14:16
    Originally posted by whodey
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fBZo9FbAir0

Well done Chris. Chris brings up a myriad of good points.

1. Why is the prosecutor in Baltimore being so political? Why is she saying that justice will be sought to ease tensions in the community? Shouldn't justice be sought because that is the job of the courts? It seems that this sort of speech will do n ...[text shortened]... , why is the anger directed at the policemen not seen as racism? After all, 3 of them were black
    It is interesting that as the dust settles we have 6 men accused of hard core racism and second degree murder. Their crime? Failing to engage the seat belt when transporting a combative passenger.

I understand that is the rule and consequences come from not following rules. But riots for failure to engage a seat belt?

And consider this, what happens if a white cop issues a citation to a black motorist for failure to wear a seat belt. Doesn't that often lead to accusations of racism?