Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard memberLundos
    Back to basics
    About
    Moves
    12 Dec '18 10:35
    Is France just the first?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-46535552?intlink_from_url=https://www.bbc.com/news/topics/c302m85qenyt/france&link_location=live-reporting-story

Since the gunman is 'fiche S', does this mean the French police dropped the ball?

According to the article the gunman was radicalised in prison. If prisons are breeding grounds for brainwashing, what should be done?

Once again my thoughts go out to the victims and their families.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Dec '18 14:12
    @lundos said
    Is France just the first?

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-46535552?intlink_from_url=https://www.bbc.com/news/topics/c302m85qenyt/france&link_location=live-reporting-story

Since the gunman is 'fiche S', does this mean the French police dropped the ball?

According to the article the gunman was radicalised in prison. If prisons are breeding grounds for brainwashing, what should be done?

Once again my thoughts go out to the victims and their families.
    For the last time, Islam is a religion of peace?

Why the bigotry?
  3. Subscriberbadradger
    Scallywag
    the pie shop
    Moves
    12 Dec '18 14:29
    @whodey said

Why the bigotry?
    Christianity is a religion of peace and just look at the murders and rapes and that's just in the Vatican.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Dec '18 14:453 edits
    @badradger said
    Christianity is a religion of peace and just look at the murders and rapes and that's just in the Vatican.
    Anytime you have the state involved you have such things. The state, bar none, is responsible for the vast number of murders and abuses in human history

Jesus warned his followers that his kingdom was not of this world, something that the Catholic church ignored as they immersed themselves in statism.

Luckily, Christians have learned this lesson by in large as the Inquisitions and Crusades are but of the past. However, Islam has not learned this lesson, probably because Mohammad demands politics and religion be one via Sharia law. This is why you have such abuses going on with women and children and people of other faiths in the Middle East. This is why the vast number of immigrants from Syria choose Europe over the Middle East to flee to for safety.

In short, Christians await their Messiah to deliver them but Islam looks to the jihadists.
  5. Standard memberLundos
    Back to basics
    About
    Moves
    12 Dec '18 18:02

Removed by poster

6. Germany
    Moves
    12 Dec '18 18:07
    @whodey said

Why the bigotry?
    When did you convert to Jainism?
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Dec '18 18:15
    @KazetNagorra

I dated a Jane once, but never felt inclined to become a follower.

I had no idea she was that popular.
  8. Germany
    Moves
    12 Dec '18 21:45
    @whodey said
    @KazetNagorra

I dated a Jane once, but never felt inclined to become a follower.

I had no idea she was that popular.
    Nice comeback. Meanwhile, you're a wee bit of a hypocrite following a religion whose holy book is an orgy of calls to kill, rape and murder.
  9. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    12 Dec '18 22:18
    @kazetnagorra said
    Nice comeback. Meanwhile, you're a wee bit of a hypocrite following a religion whose holy book is an orgy of calls to kill, rape and murder.
    Followers of any of the Abrahamic faiths believe in a fairy tale where God tells one group of people to seize the land of another group of people and murder and enslave them if they resist. It is hardly any wonder that all of these faiths have been used to justify mass violence and war.
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    13 Dec '18 00:111 edit
    @no1marauder said
    Followers of any of the Abrahamic faiths believe in a fairy tale where God tells one group of people to seize the land of another group of people and murder and enslave them if they resist. It is hardly any wonder that all of these faiths have been used to justify mass violence and war.
    The Hebrew people were told to drive out the Canaanites.

The Canaanites were so wicked they sacrificed their children to the gods for material gain, something Progressives do every day at abortion clinics around the world.
  11. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    13 Dec '18 02:27
    @whodey said

The Canaanites were so wicked they sacrificed their children to the gods for material gain, something Progressives do every day at abortion clinics around the world.
    So, Christians should be able to murder and enslave Progressives in God's view?
  12. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    13 Dec '18 04:34
    @whodey said
    Anytime you have the state involved you have such things. The state, bar none, is responsible for the vast number of murders and abuses in human history

Jesus warned his followers that his kingdom was not of this world, something that the Catholic church ignored as they immersed themselves in statism.

Luckily, Christians have learned this lesson by in large as the Inqui ...[text shortened]... afety.

In short, Christians await their Messiah to deliver them but Islam looks to the jihadists.
    Didn’t Bush jr. call for a crusade?
    Mhmmm... short the memory is.

Are you suggesting there’s no non-State Christian, Jewish or Hindu violence?

I’m pretty sure you’ll find extremist violence in every branch of religion and non-religion Whodey.

It’s pretty much inherent in everyone who blindly believes in anything and can’t laugh at their own beliefs.
  13. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    13 Dec '18 08:141 edit
    @whodey said

Wasn't one of your prophets "so wicked" he was going to do the same thing i.e. sacrifice his son because OT Monster God told him to? What made him so morally superior to the Canaanites that he was allowed to steal their land and murder and enslave them?
  14. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Moves
    13 Dec '18 12:10
    @no1marauder said
    Wasn't one of your prophets "so wicked" he was going to do the same thing i.e. sacrifice his son because OT Monster God told him to? What made him so morally superior to the Canaanites that he was allowed to steal their land and murder and enslave them?
    The story of Isaac is a very widely discussed one.

I think that it would be best to just familiarize yourself with a famous account, like that of Kierkegaard, and from that basis you can understand the story better.

You realize these stories always had accompanying teaching and meaning, and they were never meant to be an edifice of bare bones analyzed in the simplest of ways. I think it is dishonest to address them in that way.
  15. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    13 Dec '18 13:04
    @philokalia said
    The story of Isaac is a very widely discussed one.

I think that it would be best to just familiarize yourself with a famous account, like that of Kierkegaard, and from that basis you can understand the story better.

You realize these stories always had accompanying teaching and meaning, and they were never meant to be an edifice of bare bones analyzed in the simplest of ways. I think it is dishonest to address them in that way.
    I understand the story just fine.