Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 21 Jan '17 15:19 / 1 edit
    http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jan/20/president-trump-returns-bust-churchill-oval-office/

I hope Trump continues to throw Obama into the trash heap of history.
  2. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    21 Jan '17 15:22
    Originally posted by Eladar
    http://m.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/jan/20/president-trump-returns-bust-churchill-oval-office/

I hope Trump continues ththrow Obama in the trash heap of history.
    By the time Trump is through, history will undoubtedly judge Obama as a bright spot between two remarkably incompetent Presidents.
  3. Standard member checkbaiter
    By God's Grace
    21 Jan '17 15:36
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    By the time Trump is through, history will undoubtedly judge Obama as a bright spot between two remarkably incompetent Presidents.
    "undoubtedly", yeah right. In your warped mind.
  4. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    21 Jan '17 16:27
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    "undoubtedly", yeah right. In [b]your warped mind.[/b]
    And in the minds of every non-American on the planet.
    Even in the minds of more than 50% of US voters...

Don't you think you should scratch your head and ponder why such a small group of humanity seems so far removed from the rest? And why the hell you're there?
  5. 21 Jan '17 16:44
    Originally posted by shavixmir

Don't you think you should scratch your head and ponder why such a small group of humanity seems so far removed from the rest? And why the hell you're there?
    When it comes to American Presidents, who cares what non-Americans think?
  6. 21 Jan '17 16:47

I hope Trump continues to throw Obama into the trash heap of history.
    This amount of optimism is unusual for you, Eladar.
  7. Standard member checkbaiter
    By God's Grace
    21 Jan '17 16:51

Of course, the "non Americans " as you call them have been robbing us for too long. So no, not surprised at all.
  8. 21 Jan '17 16:55 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    This amount of optimism is unusual for you, Eladar.
    Unusual for an Obama led America.

At least now there is a possibility of hope.
  9. 21 Jan '17 17:01
    Of course, the "non Americans " as you call them have been robbing us for too long. So no, not surprised at all.
    How, specifically, have non-Americans been "robbing" Americans?
  10. Standard member DeepThought
    Losing the Thread
    21 Jan '17 17:49 / 2 edits
    That's a bizarre comment given that the OP was about a bust of a non-American being returned to the Oval office.

Edit: As are some of the ones from the non-Americans.
    Edit 2: The whole thread's pretty bizarre.
  11. 21 Jan '17 17:52
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    That's a bizarre comment given that the OP was about a bust of a non-American being returned to the Oval office. Edit: As are some of the ones from the non-Americans.
    Ouch that gotta hurt.
  12. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    21 Jan '17 18:29
    When it comes to American Presidents, who cares what non-Americans think?
    It depends if you see your economy / politics / safety as matters which are part of an ever smaller planet (qua relative time from A to B... not that cows arw falling off an actually shrinking LP) or if you think the US has nothing to do with other countries.

Like wars, global warming, nuclear treaties, internet hacking, etc. Ad infinitum.

See how it's all relevant?
  13. Standard member checkbaiter
    By God's Grace
    21 Jan '17 18:32
    Originally posted by DeepThought
    That's a bizarre comment given that the OP was about a bust of a non-American being returned to the Oval office.

Edit: As are some of the ones from the non-Americans.
    Edit 2: The whole thread's pretty bizarre.
    Except the reply was to shav the troll.
  14. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    21 Jan '17 19:41 / 1 edit
    Except the reply was to shav the troll.
    Here's a funny story:

'It's made in Vietnam!' At inauguration, origin of red Trump hats shocks many

By Melissa Fares and Dustin Volz | WASHINGTON

One of the biggest cheers President Donald Trump received from supporters watching his inaugural address on Friday was his call to "buy American and hire American."

It was a moment rich in irony.

Many of those supporters were sporting Trump's trademark red "Make America Great Again" baseball caps that were made in China, Vietnam and Bangladesh.

Some were horrified when they discovered their Trump hats were foreign made.

Rob Walker, 44, who had driven to Washington from Georgia with his wife Abby, 36, had stopped at a truck stop on the way to buy a "Make America Great Again" cap.

"Oh God, I hope it's not made in China," Abby said, flipping the cap over to check. She looked at its label. "China! Don't tell anyone!"

The Trump hats available for purchase on Trump's official campaign website are made in the United States and cost between $25 and $30, according to the label inside those caps.

ADVERTISEMENT
    But they are also more expensive than the $20 versions sold by street vendors in Washington on Friday.

Joshua Rojas, 25 and Alyssa Young, 28, had traveled from Texas to watch the inauguration. Young was wearing a pink "Make America Great Again" hat.

"I loved it as soon as I saw it. I bought it right over there from one of the vendors for $20," she said.

So was it made in America?

"I don't know where it was made actually," Young said. "Let me check." She took off the hat to check the label. "Oh no," she cried. "It's made in Vietnam!"

Austin Araco, 22, from Arkansas, was attending his first inauguration and wearing a Trump hat.

"I bought this hat the day he won the election," said Araco. "From his website, of course. I wanted to make sure I supported his fund. I don't want to buy a knock-off. I bought the hat for $30, shipping included."

Victoria Scott, 13 and her brother Andrew Scott, 12, each bought a "Make America Great Again" hat before the inauguration. Victoria's hat cost $25 - and was made in China.

She did not seem to mind.

Andrew then checked his hat. "Banglakesh?" he said after checking the tag. His father corrected him. "You mean Bangladesh."

Robert Morrison from Queens, New York, was carrying his "Make America Great Again" hat - bought from a street vendor for $20 - and wearing a New York Yankees cap. Both were made in China.

In his speech, Trump struck a fiery, protectionist tone.

"From this moment on, it's going to be America First," he said. "We will follow two simple rules: Buy American and hire American."

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKBN1542YL?utm_campaign=trueAnthem:%2520Trending%2520Content
  15. 21 Jan '17 20:15
    It depends if you see your economy / politics / safety as matters which are part of an ever smaller planet (qua relative time from A to B... not that cows arw falling off an actually shrinking LP) or if you think the US has nothing to do with other countries.

Like wars, global warming, nuclear treaties, internet hacking, etc. Ad infinitum.

See how it's all relevant?
    I suppose it does depend on one's point of view. My tpoint of view was reflevted in the post you quoted. Other points of view return to hell from which they came.