Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 23 Oct '13 22:10 / 1 edit
    Forgive the right-wing sinner but reject their sin. Praise God. Jesus please answer our prayers and protect humanity against these right-wing sinners. We follow your teachings Jesus. Please lead these right-wing heathens to the Bible.

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Houston-clergy-urges-lawmakers-to-defeat-4920585.php

Clergy urge lawmakers to defeat immigration enforcement plan

Houston clergy joined dozens of immigration reform supporters Wednesday to call for members of Congress to reject a bill that would permit tougher penalties and enforcement for an illegal presence in the United States.

At a news conference organized by The Metropolitan Organization, leaders also asked those who oppose the SAFE Act to contact their representatives in Congress and ask for comprehensive immigration reform.
  2. 23 Oct '13 22:27
    Originally posted by moon1969
    Forgive the right-wing sinner but reject their sin. Praise God. Jesus please answer our prayers and protect humanity against these right-wing sinners. We follow your teachings Jesus. Please lead these right-wing heathens to the Bible.

http://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Houston-clergy-urges-lawmakers-to-defeat-4920585.php

Cl ...[text shortened]... contact their representatives in Congress and ask for comprehensive immigration reform.
    "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion,...."
  3. Standard member bill718
    Enigma
    23 Oct '13 22:36 / 1 edit

Cl ...[text shortened]... contact their representatives in Congress and ask for comprehensive immigration reform.
    Moon- Let's give the GOP a break here. They've had a long string of defeats. Obamacare is becoming more popular, they've had to cave in on the government shutdown, their approval rating is lower than most petty crimminals, they are faced with the very real possibility of losing control of the house, and they can't even seem to agree with each other on how to get out of their situation. I ALMOST feel sorry for them. :'(
  4. 23 Oct '13 22:55
    Originally posted by normbenign
    "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion,...."
    But we are a Christian nation. Praise God. Lord, please lead these right-wing sinners out of their sin. We pray that the right-wing sinner will change his ways and follow your teachings. We pray for defeat of the immigration enforcement plan.
  5. 23 Oct '13 22:58
    Originally posted by bill718
    Moon- Let's give the GOP a break here. They've had a long string of defeats. Obamacare is becoming more popular, they've had to cave in on the government shutdown, their approval rating is lower than most petty crimminals, they are faced with the very real possibility of losing control of the house, and they can't even seem to agree with each other on how to get out of their situation. I ALMOST feel sorry for them. :'(
    Haha. Yeah, I know. Sounds good. Very good. We can only hope that America wins the House back from the new GOP in 2014.

I give the old GOP a break, not the new GOP. I actually do miss a rational GOP with Republicans of stature and maturity, and who put country first.
  6. 24 Oct '13 00:12 / 7 edits
    A long time ago (2001) the French Sangatte Refugee Camp caused a lot of arguments, it was built next to the Channel Rail Tunnel to England with an open door. Its sad but once they catch illegal migrants countries just want to move them on, which means it cheaper not to catch them sometimes.

The boat stories in the Mediterranean are tragic, migration from Africa to the European coast is unstoppable almost. (Maybe a parallel with the Mexican border?) In Italy the Catholics have been asking the same question about if they should be treated as criminals after the recent tragedies. If you met one you'd wish them luck, but when it becomes 'they' people worry. I agree with the Pastor they shouldn't be seen as criminals, but what can be done?

My stupid idea with illegal migrants is to give them hostels with food and about £10 p/w for staying their. Then cheap charter flights to their home country, on leaving I'd scan their retina and give them £200 but explain they can't get it twice, so they go home with a few pounds to spare. The reason for my dumb ideas are to stop people being abused in the black economy, If thats a better deal then what they are getting I think it would work, I wouldn't force them just have it as an option or what would happen if arrested. But I suspect a lot of places just don't catch illegal migrants because its more expensive if they do.
  7. 26 Oct '13 12:07 / 1 edit

I knew this guy who ran a nightclub down south and during some building work they found they had migrants living beneath the dance floor (with old buildings in the UK that can happen)

I feel for the migrants really, I used to have a job which dealt with them a bit, but I wish they'd have less silly 'new life in the west' dreams. Its not that great especially London for British people, my dumb idea for a hostel and £10 a week is much better then what some of them will end up with, if they put the money saved to get to Europe into something in their own country they really could do better.
  8. Standard member sasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    26 Oct '13 13:53
    Originally posted by bill718
    I will bet you, mmm...a car...that the GOP does not lose control of the House in 2014.
  9. Standard member sasquatch672
    Don't Like It Leave
    26 Oct '13 13:54
    Haha. Yeah, I know. Sounds good. Very good. We can only hope that America wins the House back from the new GOP in 2014.

I give the old GOP a break, not the new GOP. I actually do miss a rational GOP with Republicans of stature and maturity, and who put country first.
    You too. Same bet. A car.