Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Dec '16 15:12
    Climate Data Deniers Are Trying to ‘Bork’ Trump’s EPA Transition Leader

http://dailysignal.com/2016/12/01/climate-data-deniers-are-trying-to-bork-trumps-epa-transition-leader/

Twithead tells me climate deniers are calling these doom and gloom people insane.
    I submit it is the other way around. They are the ones who constantly harass and attack anyone who opposes their money machine.
    What say you?
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    02 Dec '16 15:38
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    Twithead tells me climate deniers are calling these doom and gloom people insane.
    I submit it is the other way around. They are the ones who constantly harass and attack anyone who opposes their money machine.
    What say you?
    A mother walks into a doctor's office and calmly says "My child is sick. Please help."
    The receptionist glances at the baby and says "nah, she's fine".
    The mother says "My baby's temperature is very warm".
    The receptionist says "warm temperatures don't mean anything. Turn on a fan."
    The mother starts to get angry. "My baby is turning colors. She's wheezing, and it's getting worse with time."
    The receptionist says "I think you're just using this baby to get something. Are you trying to get out of work today?
    The mother becomes irate. "Are you insane? Do something now, you idiot!"
    A doctor hears the commotion and comes over. "What's the problem?"
    The receptionist says "This nutcase claims here baby is sick."
    The doctor looks at the baby, and says "Hmm...she looks sick. Let's admit this baby this baby and do more tests
    The receptionist rolls her eyes and says "Okay, Mr. 'Fancy degree'."
    Several doctors examine the baby, and also agree that the baby is sick and something needs to be done. They treat the baby and give the mother a prescription for medicine. As the mother leaves the office, she says to the receptionist "I told you."
    The receptionist says "Doctors just want to make money off of you. Nothing's wrong."
    The woman leaves, and the receptionist turns to her coworker. "Did you see that nutcase? She's acting like her baby is gonna die."

Now apply this to global warming, where the signs of temperatures rising are clear, professionals have confirmed this is the case, and have an idea of what to do to prevent something terrible from happening to our planet. I think liberals would be justified in calling climate deniers "insane" for doubting people more educated on this than they are.
  3. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    02 Dec '16 15:48

http://dailysignal.com/2016/12/01/climate-data-deniers-are-trying-to-bork-trumps-epa-transition-leader/

What say you?
    I'm not sure what Mr. Trump thinks about climate change. I don't think it's a high priority with him. It's difficult to categorize climate change and clean vs fossil based energy in terms of partisan politics. I see a lot of wind farms in places like Oklahoma and Texas, places who normally favor oil based energy. Thankfully, market forces are beginning to make cleaner, renewable energy financially competitive with oil based energy sources.
  4. Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Dec '16 16:10
    Originally posted by vivify
    A mother walks into a doctor's office and calmly says "My child is sick. Please help."
    The receptionist glances at the baby and says "nah, she's fine".
    The mother says "My baby's temperature is very warm".
    The receptionist says "warm temperatures don't mean anything. Turn on a fan."
    The mother starts to get angry. "My baby is turning colors. She's ...[text shortened]... ied in calling climate deniers "insane" for doubting people more educated on this than they are.
    Another set of doctors come in for a second opinion. They say, you are not as sick as they claim, but we will take some appropriate measures to deal with it.
    The first doctors turn and say "you guys are nuts! He is going to die tomorrow if we don't take action now!"
    It will cost most of what you have but it will be worth it just in case we are right.
    "String these guys up, they are insane!"
    Now lets add that to your story.
  5. Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Dec '16 16:14
    Originally posted by mchill
    I'm not sure what Mr. Trump thinks about climate change. I don't think it's a high priority with him. It's difficult to categorize climate change and clean vs fossil based energy in terms of partisan politics. I see a lot of wind farms in places like Oklahoma and Texas, places who normally favor oil based energy. Thankfully, market forces are beginning to make cleaner, renewable energy financially competitive with oil based energy sources.
    I'm all for clean air and being responsible about pollution. But with all the data out there, including the wiki leaked emails, following the money trail, the attacks on anyone who challenges them, I am very suspicious about these so called "scientists" who are giving us this doomsday scenario.
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    02 Dec '16 16:27
    Liar. I said no such thing.
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    02 Dec '16 16:291 edit
    They are the ones who constantly harass and attack anyone who opposes their money machine.
    What say you?
    I say that more of your tax dollars are going to big oil than to green energy.
    You are a pawn of big oil and don't know it.
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    02 Dec '16 16:321 edit
    Originally posted by mchill
    I'm not sure what Mr. Trump thinks about climate change.
    Nobody knows what he thinks. We do know what he says. He said it was a scam cooked up by the Chinese.

Thankfully, market forces are beginning to make cleaner, renewable energy financially competitive with oil based energy sources.
    They are more than financially competitive. The problem is that fossil fuels get larger subsidies.
  9. Cape Town
    Moves
    02 Dec '16 16:34
    I'm all for clean air and being responsible about pollution. But with all the data out there, including the wiki leaked emails, following the money trail, the attacks on anyone who challenges them, I am very suspicious about these so called "scientists" who are giving us this doomsday scenario.
    Be suspicious all you want. But don't make conclusions without doing the research and actually having a good reason for your climate change denialism. Otherwise you are just playing into the hands of your puppet master.
  10. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    02 Dec '16 17:10
    Another set of doctors come in for a second opinion. They say, you are not as sick as they claim, but we will take some appropriate measures to deal with it.
    The first doctors turn and say "you guys are nuts! He is going to die tomorrow if we don't take action now!"
    It will cost most of what you have but it will be worth it just in case we are right.
    "String these guys up, they are insane!"
    Now lets add that to your story.
    As a parable for global warming, that wouldn't fit, since the majority of scientists who study climate agree temperatures are rising. The only way to make your scenario fit the story would be to add the words "every doctor in existence except this one small set".
  11. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    03 Dec '16 12:33

What say you?
    "their money machine"
    what money machine you absolute freak?
  12. Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Dec '16 13:47
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    "their money machine"
    what money machine you absolute freak?
    Well Mr pagan, Let's see, the Al Gore money machine, the Solyndra and similar companies money machines, etc. The companies that like to take millions in government payouts and then fold.
  13. Germany
    Moves
    03 Dec '16 13:54
    Well Mr pagan, Let's see, the Al Gore money machine, the Solyndra and similar companies money machines, etc. The companies that like to take millions in government payouts and then fold.
    Is this similar to how umbrella manufacturers subscribe to the rain hoax in order to further their interests?
  14. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    03 Dec '16 14:20
    first of all, that money pales in comparison to all the coal, oil, car industries that benefit from a murderous legal system that is killing the environment (meaning we are effectively screwing ourselves)

second of all, some managed to make money out of doing the right thing. so what. i don't give a flying loving that Gore is a hypocrite who made money from raising awareness about global warming while still flying jets and having a wasteful mansion. No matter what gore does it still doesn't invalidate the overwhelming evidence that our children will have to deal with millions of climate refugees, droughts, famine, epidemics and super hurricanes.

vaccine manufacturers are also making money from selling vaccines, are you against those as well?
  15. Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Dec '16 16:05
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    first of all, that money pales in comparison to all the coal, oil, car industries that benefit from a murderous legal system that is killing the environment (meaning we are effectively screwing ourselves)

second of all, some managed to make money out of doing the right thing. so what. i don't give a flying loving that Gore is a hypocrite who made money f ...[text shortened]... accine manufacturers are also making money from selling vaccines, are you against those as well?
    Well you obviously drank the kool aid since you are resolute in your global warming belief.
    Your whole argument along with many here, is that you bought in to this exaggerated hoax.
    I understand you are blindly following the "research of many scientists."
    But I am not convinced. Call me loony if you wish, but a real scientific study does not need bribed scientists, false gloom and doom scenario's, and people like you and others getting into a frenzy and irrational thinking.
    I know, you don't care how much money is stolen, because in your warped thinking it was for a "good cause." Get back to me in 20 years and let's see the progression of this calamity.