Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Feb '18 12:221 edit
    https://tribunist.com/news/cnn-town-hall-censored-florida-high-school-rotc-heros-questions-video/

A high school student was going to attend a town hall and voice his opinions, however, those opinions were not OK'd by CNN who was only interested in gun control questions.
  2. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    23 Feb '18 12:331 edit
    Focussing on the wrong stuff here, Whodey.

People are dying left and right because everyone and their mother and their nephew and their mentally unstable father and their infant son and their tortoise has a gun. That's what you should be focussing on.

Unless you're not particularly fazed by all of that, of course.

Edit: "Armed U.S. veterans"............... people want "armed U.S. veterans" patrolling the schools....

Doing pretty well, 'Murica! Nothing out of the ordinary!
  3. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Feb '18 12:341 edit
    Originally posted by @great-king-rat
    Focussing on the wrong stuff here, Whodey.

People are dying left and right because everyone and their mother and their nephew and their mentally unstable father and their infant son and their tortoise has a gun. That's what you should be focussing on.

Unless you're not particularly fazed by all of that, of course.
    And why are they dying? I thought schools were gun free zones? I thought that was the answer, just ban guns.

I reckon debate is not what left wingers want. They already have all the answers.
  4. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    23 Feb '18 12:40
    Originally posted by @whodey
    And why are they dying? I thought schools were gun free zones? I thought that was the answer, just ban guns.

I reckon debate is not what left wingers want. They already have all the answers.
    Yes, quite a few of us have the answer as to what should be the first thing that needs to happen to try and stop this madness. It's not rocket science.

But naturally, you could instead focus on the violent movies and have "armed U.S. veterans" patrol the schools 🙄
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Feb '18 12:46
    Yes, quite a few of us have the answer as to what should be the first thing that needs to happen to try and stop this madness. It's not rocket science.

But naturally, you could instead focus on the violent movies and have "armed U.S. veterans" patrol the schools 🙄
    I am for free speech, not indoctrination.
  6. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    23 Feb '18 12:50
    I am for free speech, not indoctrination.
    Nothing about this has anything to do with free speech of lack thereof, but, hey... anything to draw attention away from the important issue, right?
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Feb '18 12:52
    Nothing about this has anything to do with free speech of lack thereof, but, hey... anything to draw attention away from the important issue, right?
    So holding a town hall and CNN censoring the questions and allowing some and disallowing others is not censorship of free speech?
  8. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    23 Feb '18 13:06
    So holding a town hall and CNN censoring the questions and allowing some and disallowing others is not censorship of free speech?
    In a world of free speech CNN can say and not say, broadcast and not broadcast whatever they want. It's a direct consequence of "free speech". Free speech - as much as you may dislike it - also applies to those you view as your political enemies.
  9. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    23 Feb '18 13:15
    In a world of free speech CNN can say and not say, broadcast and not broadcast whatever they want. It's a direct consequence of "free speech". Free speech - as much as you may dislike it - also applies to those you view as your political enemies.
    I agree, but the thing that warps this one is 'town hall' if it were 'CNN studio' there'd be no question, I'd be with you 100% but the public property thing sends it into shadey territory.
  10. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    23 Feb '18 13:36
    Originally posted by @wajoma
    I agree, but the thing that warps this one is 'town hall' if it were 'CNN studio' there'd be no question, I'd be with you 100% but the public property thing sends it into shadey territory.
    Nothing "shadey" Reveal Hidden Content
    ELI5: yes, this time I did use quotation marks to indicate a quote. I'm random like that.
    about it. It's all smack dab in the middle of the sunlight.

But do focus more on irrelevant stuff. It's totally drawing attention away from the important issue.
  11. Donationmwmiller
    RHP Member No.16
    Moves
    23 Feb '18 13:47
    Wasn't it supposed to be a town hall meeting, with school kids asking their own questions?
    If the news media writes the script for the kids questions, why bother having the kids there at all?
    It was for the drama, that's why.
    It was the news media manipulating the kids in order to advance their own biased agenda.

(Or is this just more 'fake' news? I guess fake news comes in many forms, doesn't it. Some of it is fake, and some of it is just plain false. It gets to the point that you become skeptical of all of it, especially if you found it on the internet!)

For what it's worth, that's how I see it.
  12. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    23 Feb '18 13:52
    Nothing "shadey" [hidden]ELI5: yes, this time I did use quotation marks to indicate a quote. I'm random like that.[/hidden] about it. It's all smack dab in the middle of the sunlight.

But do focus more on irrelevant stuff. It's totally drawing attention away from the important issue.
    I was responding to your post so I guess you're the one leading it off the important issue.
  13. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    23 Feb '18 14:16
    Just don’t mention guns.
  14. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    23 Feb '18 14:36
    Originally posted by @shavixmir
    Just don’t mention guns.
    Guns?

Woops. 😳
  15. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    23 Feb '18 14:40
    Rest of the world looks at US and thinks ....
    WTF is wrong with this country ???

2nd amendment folks say "people kill people".
    Solution ?? Put more guns out there !!
    Insanity !!!