This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

3. Subscriberkevcvs57
    Flexible
    The wrong side of 60
    Moves
    11 May '21 08:52
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    It’s not a myth or propaganda though is it.

“ China must shut down nearly 600 of its coal-fired power plants in the next 10 years, replacing them with renewable electricity generation, to meet its goal of net zero greenhouse gas emissions by 2060, a report has said.

But replacing the 364GW of coal generation with renewable power would achieve a net saving of $1.6tn (£1.2tn) over the period, since wind and solar power are now much cheaper than coal, according to the analysis company TransitionZero.

The coal consumption of China, the world’s biggest emitter, is of global concern. The country has ramped up plans for new coal-fired power stations in an effort to spur economic growth after the recession caused by the coronavirus pandemic.

Last September the country’s president, Xi Jinping, surprised the world by pledging that China would achieve net zero emissions by 2060, and that its emissions would peak before 2030.

Urgent policies needed to steer countries to net zero, says IEA chief

However, while climate experts have applauded the long-term goal they are concerned that allowing emissions to rise for the next 10 years will bust the global carbon budget.

Matthew Gray, the co-chief executive of TransitionZero, said: “If China fails on coal, the rest of the world will fail on containing dangerous climate change. But the stars are now somewhat aligning on breaking China’s addiction to coal.””

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2021/apr/15/china-must-shut-600-coal-fired-plants-to-hit-climate-target?CMP=Share_iOSApp_Other
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    11 May '21 20:43

5. Joined
    09 Jan '20
    Moves
    14 May '21 14:11
    Once again you praise China and brag it up over the horrible Western nations.
    Do you think we should all admire the hideous state of air/water/land pollution in China like it's a role model?
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 May '21 19:502 edits

7. Joined
    09 Jan '20
    Moves
    14 May '21 20:24
    I didn't say anything about their use of coal, I'm saying China has an industrial pollution problem that is a nightmare compared to Western nations.
    Do you deny that?
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 May '21 21:12

9. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    15 May '21 01:03
    “Remake the globsl economy”? Why not tell the truth? China’s goal is to economically own and take over the world, the globsl economy.
  10. SubscriberAverageJoe1
    Gimme It! Free Stuf!
    Lake Como
    Moves
    15 May '21 01:06
    Yes, but he asked you a question, like I did last month, which you ignored. When you answer him, tell us how prisoners are treated, too.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree