Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    05 Sep '18 02:29
    https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/kaepernick-campaign-created-43-million-163435852.html

Kudos to Kaepatrick who took the risky move to get thrown out of the NFL for kneeling.

Now he is the face of Nike and rich, rich, rich!

Now that's capitalism! 😵

Now that he is a Left winged icon, he can run for Congress and retire richer than he is now.
  2. SubscriberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    05 Sep '18 02:40
    He will probably have a very lucrative career as a politician. The Left has showered him with praise and awards.

I'm glad ESPN has decided to stop televising the national anthem. They're taking away the platform and spotlight for these bozos to spread their message of hate and dissent.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Sep '18 03:31
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    He will probably have a very lucrative career as a politician. The Left has showered him with praise and awards.

I'm glad ESPN has decided to stop televising the national anthem. They're taking away the platform and spotlight for these bozos to spread their message of hate and dissent.
    I find it sad that they had to resort to this kind of protest in order to get white people to listen to them, and then, of course, most white people still don't get what they are actually protesting.
  4. Seongnam, S. Korea
    Moves
    05 Sep '18 04:05
    This is my favorite part of the story so far:

Nike just lost about $3.75 billion in market cap after announcing free agent NFL quarterback Colin Kaepernick as the new face of its “Just Do It” ad campaign. It’s the 30th anniversary of the iconic TV and print spots.

At the time of this writing, the sneaker company’s intra-day market capitalization was $127.82 billion. On Friday, that number had been $131.57 billion.

Market capitalization is the market value of a publicly traded company’s outstanding shares.

https://www.thewrap.com/colin-kaepernick-nike-stock-loses-4-billion-market-cap/
  5. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    05 Sep '18 04:52
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    I find it sad that they had to resort to this kind of protest in order to get white people to listen to them, and then, of course, most white people still don't get what they are actually protesting.
    Do you know what advertising during these games is worth suzi, the kneelers wanted it for free, someone had created something, the spectacle, and these second-handers want to go for a free ride, like tics or fleas.

Protest all you like, on your own time.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    05 Sep '18 05:21
    Originally posted by @wajoma
    Do you know what advertising during these games is worth suzi, the kneelers wanted it for free, someone had created something, the spectacle, and these second-handers want to go for a free ride, like tics or fleas.

So, your plan would be to show commercials during the anthem, thereby "making money" off the "wasted time".

That's way more repellant to me than their first amendment protest.

"Free ride"? They are the creators of the "spectacle", as you put it. Sorry if I just can't manage any sorrow for a bunch of white people not making "enough" money off the backs of black people.
  7. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    05 Sep '18 05:25
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    So, your plan would be to show commercials during the anthem, thereby "making money" off the "wasted time".

That's way more repellant to me than their first amendment protest.

"Free ride"? They are the creators of the "spectacle", as you put it. Sorry if I just can't manage any sorrow for a bunch of white people not making "enough" money off the backs of black people.
    I'm not a racist so their race has nothing to do with my argument. You however...
  8. Germany
    Moves
    05 Sep '18 06:10
    Famous athlete signs sponsorship deal with sports clothing brand? Stop the presses!
  9. Joined
    07 Dec '05
    Moves
    05 Sep '18 06:23
    Originally posted by @whodey
    https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/kaepernick-campaign-created-43-million-163435852.html

Kudos to Kaepatrick who took the risky move to get thrown out of the NFL for kneeling.

Now he is the face of Nike and rich, rich, rich!

Now that's capitalism! 😵

Now that he is a Left winged icon, he can run for Congress and retire richer than he is now.
    Good for him. I hope he does well and screw Trump for trying to ruin his career.
  10. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    05 Sep '18 06:28
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey

I suppose it would be too much to ask of our beloved President to keep his nose out of this, and let the NFL run their own affairs.
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Sep '18 08:46
    Originally posted by @mchill
    I suppose it would be too much to ask of our beloved President to keep his nose out of this, and let the NFL run their own affairs.
    I hope the 'beloved' part was sarcasm.
  12. Behind the scenes
    Moves
    05 Sep '18 08:53
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    I hope the 'beloved' part was sarcasm.
    Oh yes!
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Sep '18 09:31
    Originally posted by @mchill
    Oh yes!
    That's good. In this day and age you never know the actual intent of posts. Right now we are watching the creepy SCOTUS nominee play out his well scripted words, like he is ONLY going to be independent of party affiliation, which is total BS and EVERYONE knows that.

What a fukking farce.
    The ONLY reason Trump picked him was for his own self interest in that K already has posted his agenda of protecting presidents from ANY crim proceedings during his reign as POTUS. He could care less about the other issues this creep would kill like ROE V WADE and others like supporting unions, environmental issues, health care, women's reproductive rights, where he will try to kill every one of those cases we thought actual settled law.
    The fact repubs are not even allowing time to evaluate even the paltry 10% of docs sent is disgusting, they are dead set on getting this creep confirmed before the minterms in November.

And there seems to be at this point nothing the minority can do to stop this absolute creep from getting to be SCOTUS.

It matters ZERO that the large majority of Americans don't want this cretin to be confirmed and the really sick part is the repubs are supposed to be the rule of law party but not any more. Now it is ALL about sucking up to Trump and NOTHING else.
  14. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    05 Sep '18 09:421 edit
    Originally posted by @wajoma

I hate to point this out but it WAS their time. What the FUK do you think they were doing? Talking at a muffin contest?

You would not be making ridiculous charges if the guy was waving a little flag during the ceremony which would still have been a political message.

You don't even know why he did that since you are an avowed racist.

THAT much is totally clear.
  15. SubscriberWajoma
    Die Cheeseburger
    Provocation
    Moves
    05 Sep '18 10:063 edits
    Originally posted by @sonhouse
    I hate to point this out but it WAS their time. What the FUK do you think they were doing? Talking at a muffin contest?

You would not be making ridiculous charges if the guy was waving a little flag during the ceremony which would still have been a political message.

You don't even know why he did that since you are an avowed racist.

THAT much is totally clear.
    If you could provide us with some proof of my so called racism that would be appreciated.

And I am opposed to flag waving nationalism, so again if you could provide some basis for your exaggerations I'd like to address that.

And of course the kneeling thing was not on their own time and that is exactly why they chose that moment, if they were to do it in their own time, put the national anthem on their home stereo and kneel down no body would give a hoot.

But more importantly some verbatim quotes of my racism and nationalism. Or a retraction.

An invitation to facts and integrity, will you (like suzi) be found wanting in both catergories.

Edit: Tell you what sonhouse, I'll put a hundred bucks on it. Definitive proof of racism or flag waving nationalism.