Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10 Dec '18 21:241 edit
    https://qz.com/1253084/why-james-comey-is-against-the-impeachment-of-donald-trump/

Well at least he is no longer trying to act bipartisan. His hatred of the President is for all to see.

His reasoning is that Trump is morally unfit to be President. Funny, no mention of Russian collusion anywhere to be seen.

Very odd. Either Trump is guilty of the crimes against him, or the whole affair has been a witch hunt in a coup attempt, only, there is not enough evidence to remove Trump. No, they will just throw as much poo his way to prevent him from doing his job.

Orange man must be stopped!
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    11 Dec '18 13:59
    @whodey said
    No, they will just throw as much poo his way to prevent him from doing his job.
    What job is that? Giving trillions in tax breaks to the rich? Providing weapons to Saudi Arabia while they fatten his wallet? Siding with Russia over U.S. intelligence? Pardoning men who violate the civil rights of Hispanics? Choosing corporate interests over the environment? Refusing to denounce white nationalists? Creating enemies for the U.S. by picking fights with world leaders and threatening countries who don't vote how he wants?

That "poo" is something Trump earned.
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Dec '18 17:231 edit
    For a brief instance I thought you were being serious. My bad. YOUR bad really.
    You are so besotted with Trump you can't see the trees for the forest of lies he says every day, now numbering over 6000 by those who count his lies.
    He only hires the best, just ask him. Funny how a BUNCH of them have fled the scene or are actually in jail, or awaiting sentencing.

And now he has people he wanted for WH chief of staff refusing his offers. Anyone sane would refuse without a second look but Mark Meadows, his sycophant buddy with his tongue firmly up Trump's ass, will be 'honored' to stop being a senator and start being the white house supervisor, a BIG step down but he will be closer to his god that way.

I wonder just how much BS does Trump have to pull before you and people like you realize he is in absolute fact a criminal to the detriment of the idea of democracy itself and a threat to our real allies while he cozies up to dictators, he considers them his mentors, he would LOVE to be an absolute dictator.

And I agree, we don't need to impeach him, we need to give American Voters the ability to kick this cretin out in 2020 and THEN arrest his sorry ass and the rest of his poor excuse for a family.
  4. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    11 Dec '18 18:26
    @whodey said
    https://qz.com/1253084/why-james-comey-is-against-the-impeachment-of-donald-trump/

Well at least he is no longer trying to act bipartisan. His hatred of the President is for all to see.

His reasoning is that Trump is morally unfit to be President. Funny, no mention of Russian collusion anywhere to be seen.

Very odd. Either Trump is guilty of the crimes against him, ...[text shortened]... ill just throw as much poo his way to prevent him from doing his job.

Orange man must be stopped!
    Reasoning that Trump is morally unfit to be President does not constitute hatred !

It's just a pretty sensible assessment.

What is also sensible is that impeachment could lead to violence in the streets.

We know Trump is not above incitement.
    Remember what he said on national television in 2016 ?
    "Someone beat the crap out of that guy !!"
  5. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    11 Dec '18 19:02
    @mghrn55 said
    What is also sensible is that impeachment could lead to violence in the streets.
    Should a corrupt president not be impeached because some deplorable Trump fans will riot? If so, what's to stop future threats of violence if a group of people don't get their way?
  6. Joined
    07 Feb '09
    Moves
    11 Dec '18 19:14
    @vivify said
    Should a corrupt president not be impeached because some deplorable Trump fans will riot? If so, what's to stop future threats of violence if a group of people don't get their way?
    Whether Trump should be impeached or not is up for debate.

What is happening is that political tactics are underway.
    Which include evaluating the consequences of impeachment.

That Trump is unfit to be President is not up for debate.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    11 Dec '18 19:561 edit
    @mghrn55

I'm not sure why we are arguing here. All of you seem to think that Trump is a criminal and a threat to his country, so let's impeach him. It's time to lay the cards on the table and call the bluff.

Comey is dead wrong about this. At least we can all agree that he is the one that is morally bankrupt on the issue of not impeaching such a supposedly horrible human being.

Comey should be ashamed no matter from a right or left winged view.

What a pathetic human being. At least he was able to stop looking in a mirror at himself long enough to give an interview.
  8. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    11 Dec '18 20:04
    @whodey said
    @mghrn55

I'm not sure why we are arguing here. All of you seem to think that Trump is a criminal and a threat to his country, so let's impeach him. It's time to lay the cards on the table and call the bluff.

Comey is dead wrong about this. At least we can all agree that he is the one that is morally bankrupt on the issue of not impeaching such a supposedly horrible hu ...[text shortened]... eing. At least he was able to stop looking in a mirror at himself long enough to give an interview.
    You do realize the interview you cited was given 8 months ago before many more revelations of Trump's criminality?
  9. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    11 Dec '18 20:161 edit
    He did reiterate those views on Sunday:

"I hope Donald Trump is not removed from office by impeachment because it would let the country off the hook. And it would drive into the fabric of our nation a third of the people believing there was a coup. And we need a moment of inflection where we all get off the couch and say, 'That is not who we are,' and in a landslide rid ourselves of this attack on our values," Comey added.

http://www.ny1.com/nyc/all-boroughs/news/2018/12/10/comey-92y-talk-discusses-trump-impeachment-

That opinion is "immoral" in what way?

Personally I don't agree with it, but it seems a reasonable position to take. If any position is "morally bankrupt" it is those who keep defending the Donald while he acts in an disgraceful manner as President (how's your mirror, whodey?).
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Dec '18 20:29
    @no1marauder
    I really WOULD love to see Trump impeached but like C said, it deprives the people of the chance to vote his ass out of office in an election and that would happen but we have to put up with his sorry ass for the next 2 years and who knows what damage to the country and the world a sociopath POTUS can do in that time.
    But it might be less dangerous for us to do just that, NOT impeach him he might feel less inclined to start a war or some such rot.

It seems clear to me Trump will go down in history as THE worse POTUS in American history and there have been some doozies.
  11. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    11 Dec '18 20:44
    @sonhouse said
    @no1marauder
    I really WOULD love to see Trump impeached but like C said, it deprives the people of the chance to vote his ass out of office in an election and that would happen but we have to put up with his sorry ass for the next 2 years and who knows what damage to the country and the world a sociopath POTUS can do in that time.
    But it might be less dangerous for us to ...[text shortened]... ump will go down in history as THE worse POTUS in American history and there have been some doozies.
    To allow him to commit High Crimes and Misdemeanors and to blatantly violate provisions of the US Constitution like the Emoluments Clause without consequence would set an exceedingly poor precedent.

I think the Dems should wait until Mueller's report is finished, but if it is anything like I expect it will be they then should promptly move for impeachment. Of course, extremist right wingers are going to call using the Constitutional remedy of impeachment a "coup" but I expect full hearings backed by public disclosure of the evidence to crater Trump's support and eventually force his resignation as it did with Nixon.
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    11 Dec '18 20:46
    @vivify I think they called that the civil war in 1863. However, 2 centuries on, people are the same buckets of shyte as they were back then so same ole same ole.

The argument for not impeaching him is to send a clear message in 2020 he is not wanted, an outcast and since that would be by a majority vote of the people they would not have the balls to make him a martyr of some kind, which WILL happen if he is just impeached.

I would LOVE to see his sorry ass kicked out of office and him and his kids be actually charged with crimes when he can no longer count on Kavanaugh to give him a get out of jail card, and a constitutional crisis would be avoided, you know, 'can he be indicted' deal which would wend its way to SCOTUS and they would maybe vote to save his sorry butt.
    NOT impeaching him but throwing the book at him when he is no longer POTUS saves the whole constitutional argument and I think Americans would have learned a hard lesson but maybe we would have someone actually sane who can at least spell correctly. "No smocking gun"? Really. Oh yeah, just ask him, he is a 'Stable Genius'
  13. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    11 Dec '18 20:50
    @sonhouse said
    @vivify I think they called that the civil war in 1863. However, 2 centuries on, people are the same buckets of shyte as they were back then so same ole same ole.

The argument for not impeaching him is to send a clear message in 2020 he is not wanted, an outcast and since that would be by a majority vote of the people they would not have the balls to make him a martyr of ...[text shortened]... t least spell correctly. "No smocking gun"? Really. Oh yeah, just ask him, he is a 'Stable Genius'
    Kavanaugh just voted to not hear a challenge by right wingers to deny Planned Parenthood funding in the States.
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/10/politics/supreme-court-planned-parenthood-abortion/index.html
  14. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    12 Dec '18 04:08
    @sonhouse said
    The argument for not impeaching him is to send a clear message in 2020 he is not wanted
    That is far from true. The people who loved Trump in 2016 still love him now. The Republicans who criticized him in 2016 fully support him now; just look at Ben Carson, Lindsey Graham, Ted Cruz.....

Big Corporations now have evidence Trump is on their side, based on his policies. White Supremacists have seen Trump refuse to denounce them and call black and brown countries "sht holes". Russia has seen Trump take their side over U.S. intelligent, and kick American reporters out of the room to leak classified info to them.

Trump is now a proven tool. Republicans are no longer bothered by his immoral ways; evangelicals and Christians continue giving Trump a pass for his immorality. And Trump is literally the Republican's ONLY shot at winning the next election.

Republicans are no longer morally conflicted about Trump. He's their guy. He has their full support this time around, and the full backing of Big Business who have seen how he's fought for them. That's major, since SCOTUS ruled corporations are "people", and limits on campaign donations have been removed.

If Trump isn't removed by impeachment, I guarantee he'll reign another 4 years.
  15. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    12 Dec '18 04:09
    @no1marauder said
    Kavanaugh just voted to not hear a challenge by right wingers to deny Planned Parenthood funding in the States.
    https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/10/politics/supreme-court-planned-parenthood-abortion/index.html
    Kavanaugh still stated that a sitting president cannot be impeached. Yin/Yang.