Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    12 Dec '18 04:32
    @vivify said
    Kavanaugh still stated that a sitting president cannot be impeached. Yin/Yang.
    No, he didn't.
  2. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    12 Dec '18 04:40
    @no1marauder said
    No, he didn't.
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/10/us/politics/kavanaugh-starr-clinton-trump.html

Earlier that year, he [Kavanaugh] had told a legal symposium that he did not believe a sitting president could be indicted.
  3. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    12 Dec '18 04:52
    @vivify said
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/08/10/us/politics/kavanaugh-starr-clinton-trump.html

Earlier that year, he [Kavanaugh] had told a legal symposium that he did not believe a sitting president could be indicted.
    You said "impeached".

While I disagree with that legal assessment, it has been the position of the US Department of Justice for more than four decades, so Kavanaugh is hardly some extremist for believing it to be correct.
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Dec '18 05:06
    @no1marauder said
    You do realize the interview you cited was given 8 months ago before many more revelations of Trump's criminality?
    Has Comey since recanted or is he still hiding in his hole?
  5. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Dec '18 05:112 edits
    @no1marauder said
    He did reiterate those views on Sunday:

"I hope Donald Trump is not removed from office by impeachment because it would let the country off the hook. And it would drive into the fabric of our nation a third of the people believing there was a coup. And we need a moment of inflection where we all get off the couch and say, 'That is not who we are,' and in a landslide ri ...[text shortened]... the Donald while he acts in an disgraceful manner as President (how's your mirror, whodey?).
    If I were to impeach someone, it would be over illegally running guns over the border to drug lords while trying to take guns from law abiding citizens who try to defend themselves from an unsecure border.

If I were to impeach someone, I would impeach them for selling me a health care plan that they lied about in terms of what it would entail and cost me, something any CEO or corporation would be in jail for.

If I were to impeach someone, it would be for failing to follow national security measures to secure the border because they refuse to follow federal laws.

If I were to impeach someone, it would be for trying to fix elections within my own party like in PA and CO.

If I were to impeach someone, it would be for things like using the IRS to target your political opponents.

If I were going to impeach someone, it would be for things like violating the War Powers Act in Libya.

But then, Eric Holder would never recuse himself and step down to allow a Mueller to go after someone like Obama. The system has no checks and balances for such things. In fact, Eric Holder was even held in contempt of Congress but never forced to step down.

Just amazing.

I would have more respect for the Left if they went after him for doing something like cheating those poor kids out of Trump U. But no, they have to invent crazy conspiracy theories and dig up old whores.
  6. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    12 Dec '18 05:171 edit
    @whodey said
    If I were to impeach someone, it would be over illegally running guns over the border to drug lords while trying to take guns from law abiding citizens who try to defend themselves from an unsecure border.

If I were to impeach someone, I would impeach them for selling me a health care plan that they lied about in terms of what it would entail and cost me, something any CEO ...[text shortened]... r kids out of Trump U. But no, they have to invent crazy conspiracy theories and dig up old whores.
    Where'd you cut and paste this from?

Policy differences are not High Crimes and Misdemeanors.

Calling women "whores" is one of the reasons that right wingers were beaten so soundly in the last election.
  7. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    12 Dec '18 05:222 edits
    @no1marauder said
    Where'd you cut and paste this from?

Policy differences are not High Crimes and Misdemeanors.

Calling women "whores" is one of the reasons that right wingers were beaten so soundly in the last election.
    Calling a whore a whore is not a problem with me

Stormy Daniels is a whore because she has sex for money

In fact, the sex was consensual.

And yes, men are men and women are women as well. Can't you feel the hate?

Thanks for playing.

As for the cut and paste, try Whodey.com
  8. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    12 Dec '18 05:33
    @whodey said

If I were to impeach someone, I would impeach them for selling me a health care plan that they lied about in terms of what it would entail and cost me, something any CEO ...[text shortened]... r kids out of Trump U. But no, they have to invent crazy conspiracy theories and dig up old whores.
    At any rate your constant "whataboutism" not withstanding, Republican Congresses never found any reason to impeach President Obama. Then again, Federal prosecutors from his DOJ never concluded that he directed someone to commit a felony.
  9. Subscriberno1marauder
    Humble and Kind
    In the Gazette
    Moves
    12 Dec '18 05:37
    @whodey said

Stormy Daniels is a whore because she has sex for money

In fact, the sex was consensual.

And yes, men are men and women are women as well. Can't you feel the hate?

Thanks for playing.

As for the cut and paste, try Whodey.com
    Who is more morally blameworthy: a woman who performs sex as part of an industry tens of millions of Americans watch or a married man who is a serial adulterer, brags about being able to "grab pussy" with impunity and who cheated on his wife months after she had their son?
  10. Standard membervivify
    rain
    Moves
    12 Dec '18 16:11
    @whodey said
    Which is worse: taking money for sex or paying for it?
  11. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    17 Dec '18 18:47
    @vivify

Not with 60+% of Americans against him, that even beats the gerrymandering bastards.