Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    10 May '17 02:19
    And one of the reasons given is that:

"The director was wrong to usurp the Attorney General's authority on July 5, 2016, and announce his conclusion that the case should be closed without prosecution. It is not the function of the director to make such an announcement. At most, the director should have said the FBI had completed its investigation and presented its findings to federal prosecutors."

4. "Compounding the error: The director ignored another longstanding principle: We do not hold press conferences to release derogatory information about the subject of a declined criminal investigation."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/05/09/why-president-trump-says-he-fired-fbi-director-james-comey/101489212/

Are we really supposed to believe that Donald Trump after three and a half months decided to fire the FBI director because of his press conference last July that while announcing that no charges would be filed against Hillary Clinton excoriated her for "carelessness"?

Even some Republicans are finding this hard to swallow. Sen. Jeff Flake of Arizona tweeted: "I've spent the last several hours trying to find an acceptable rationale for the timing of Comey's firing. I just can't do it."

And:

Justin Amash, a Republican congressman from Michigan, tweeted: “My staff and I are reviewing legislation to establish an independent commission on Russia.” He described the justification given in Trump’s letter to Comey as “bizarre”.

Richard Burr, a Republican leading the Senate intelligence committee investigation into Russia’s influence over the 2016 presidential election, said he was “troubled by the timing and reasoning” of the decision. “I have found director Comey to be a public servant of the highest order, and his dismissal further confuses an already difficult investigation by the committee.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2017/may/09/james-comey-fbi-fired-donald-trump

Has the Donald gone too far even for the partisan shills here?
  2. Standard member vivify
    rain
    10 May '17 02:33
    Originally posted by no1marauder
    Has the Donald gone too far even for the partisan shills here?
    Lmao. No.
  3. 10 May '17 02:56
    Comey should have been fired long ago.
  4. 10 May '17 02:59
    Originally posted by vivify
    Lmao. No.
    whistling past the graveyard. The man's unfitness leaks thru....
  5. Standard member HandyAndy
    Non sum qualis eram
    10 May '17 03:13
    And one of the reasons given is that:

He's following the Celebrity Apprentice script.
  6. 10 May '17 03:18
    Remember when Hillary blamed Comey for losing the election because he made the press announcement about Hillary right before the election?

Now Dims love the man it seems.

Hilarious.
  7. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    10 May '17 04:03
    Originally posted by whodey
    Remember when Hillary blamed Comey for losing the election because he made the press announcement about Hillary right before the election?

Hilarious.
    Spoken like the partisan shill you are.

I doubt Dems "love" Comey. But even you should see the impropriety of firing someone in charge of an investigation into the links between Trump's campaign staff and Russia.

I can only guess how much you would have screeched if Obama fired Comey for the reasons given today.
  8. Subscriber Sleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    10 May '17 04:32 / 1 edit

I doubt Dems "love" Comey. But even you should see the impropriety of firing someone in charge of an investigation into the links between Trump's campaign staff and Russia.

I can only guess how much you would have screeched if Obama fired Comey for the reasons given today.
    Comey is either a nutcase or covering things up. Good riddance. Why not wait to see if the investigations continue, and also who is tapped for new FBI director before making yourself the shill?

EDIT: Finally something for Christie to do!
  9. Standard member shavixmir
    Guppy poo
    10 May '17 05:38
    There's nothing wrong with a president firing an FBI chief.
    However, the president firing the FBI chief who's researching the president's involvement with foreign national governments...

Yeah. You know. It's about as kosher a pork kebab.
  10. Subscriber no1marauder
    It's Nice to Be Nice
    10 May '17 07:56
    Originally posted by Sleepyguy
    Comey is either a nutcase or covering things up. Good riddance. Why not wait to see if the investigations continue, and also who is tapped for new FBI director before making yourself the shill?

EDIT: Finally something for Christie to do!
    The White House spokesperson dropped by Tucker Carlson's show last night to say it's time to put the whole silly thing behind us.

I'm sure that gives you confidence that Comey's successor will aggressively pursue the investigation.
  11. 10 May '17 07:57 / 1 edit
    Comey deserves to be fired. The timing and reason given though are certainly suspect. There is no doubt whatsoever that he improperly influenced the election and should have been fired there and then by Obama.
  12. 10 May '17 08:20
    Originally posted by whodey

Hilarious.
    no they bloody don't. they are worried and i can't find a better reason why you aren't other than you being dumb.

trump is being investigated for ties to Russia influencing your elections and he just fires the head of the agency investigating him? how are you not worried?
  13. 10 May '17 10:03

Not so, in fact, I think the President should be given even more unchecked power cuz I am simply in love with the all powerful federal government.
  14. 10 May '17 11:32
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    There's nothing wrong with a president firing an FBI chief.
    However, the president firing the FBI chief who's researching the president's involvement with foreign national governments...

Yeah. You know. It's about as kosher a pork kebab.
    You mean the guy whose wife received big bucks fron Dem supporters?
  15. Standard member sonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    10 May '17 11:45
    Originally posted by Eladar
    You mean the guy whose wife received big bucks fron Dem supporters?
    In other words, you don't really care if Trumpf has been dealing secretly with Putin. Good to know.