Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Dec '16 16:391 edit
    http://www.theblaze.com/news/2016/12/28/steve-martin-marks-death-of-beautiful-carrie-fisher-triggering-feminist-website-meltdown/

Actor Steve Martin was just one of dozens of Hollywood icons to take to Twitter Tuesday to express condolences over the death of “Star Wars” actress Carrie Fisher, but feminists were not happy with how he chose to do so.

“When I was a young man, Carrie Fisher was the most beautiful creature I had ever seen. She turned out to be witty and bright as well,” Martin wrote in a now-deleted tweet.
  2. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Dec '16 16:412 edits
    What a sexist bigot.

Probably a Trump supporter, but then, he is a white male, so it's not like he can help himself.
  3. Standard membershavixmir
    Guppy poo
    Sewers of Holland
    Moves
    28 Dec '16 16:43
    Originally posted by whodey
    http://www.theblaze.com/news/2016/12/28/steve-martin-marks-death-of-beautiful-carrie-fisher-triggering-feminist-website-meltdown/

Actor Steve Martin was just one of dozens of Hollywood icons to take to Twitter Tuesday to express condolences over the death of “Star Wars” actress Carrie Fisher, but feminists were not happy with how he chose to do so.

“Whe ...[text shortened]... ever seen. She turned out to be witty and bright as well,” Martin wrote in a now-deleted tweet.
    Good grief.
    Admiring someone for their looks is sexist now?

Damn.
  4. Cape Town
    Moves
    28 Dec '16 16:431 edit
    Why do people think comments on twitter constitutes news.

And when will the media finally notice the RHP forums? They could report on our off beat posts every day and not get bored.
  5. Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    28 Dec '16 16:49

“Whe ...[text shortened]... ever seen. She turned out to be witty and bright as well,” Martin wrote in a now-deleted tweet.
    I don't see anything wrong with what he said.
  6. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    28 Dec '16 16:51

The temerity of Martin leaves sensible male's mouths agape.
    When I think of Carrie Fisher, I don't picture a smoking hot female body gracefully draped with a silken toga-like raiment, made all the more spicey by the futuristic and very progressive lack of a brasserie and/or panties.
    No, I think of a disembodied mind which thought only in terms of wanting her death to be announced as "drowned in moonlight, strangled by my own bra."
    What a glorious mind she had, right fellas?
  7. Germany
    Moves
    28 Dec '16 16:52
    That is very interesting, whodey. Please tell us more about the extremely relevant opinions of unnamed "feminists."
  8. Joined
    20 Oct '16
    Moves
    28 Dec '16 16:54
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Good grief.

Damn.
    YouTube

Watch a man do this to a female model and it would be classified as rape and the feminists would go crazy.
  9. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Dec '16 17:01
    Originally posted by shavixmir
    Good grief.

Damn.
    Oh dear, another sexist pig.

I will try to explain it to your warped sense of reality.

Liberal New York Magazine quickly pounced on the star’s comment, calling it “extremely bad.”

“Remember Carrie Fisher for her talent, her feminism, her commentary on mental health — not for the way she looked,”
  10. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Dec '16 17:023 edits
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    That is very interesting, whodey. Please tell us more about the extremely relevant opinions of unnamed "feminists."
    This is extreeeemly important.

To his credit, Steve Martin deleted his tweet and ran off with his tail between his legs like the dog he really is.

This is the value of political correctness. Pretty soon we will have him so scared he will not ever open his white male bigoted mouth again. Maybe we can even make it so he never wants to leave his house again. This could also help cut down on carbon emissions so it's a win/win. 😵
  11. Joined
    12 Jul '08
    Moves
    28 Dec '16 17:37
    Was he being a wild and crazy guy?

Or just a jerk?
  12. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Dec '16 17:381 edit
    Originally posted by Eladar
    Was he being a wild and crazy guy?

Or just a jerk?
    Turns out George Lucas was the biggest jerk.

“When [director George Lucas] showed me the outfit, I thought he was kidding and it made me very nervous,” she once told People, adding that she was “nearly naked, which is not a style choice for me. It wasn’t my choice.” Lucas actually helped design the metal garment, according to Movie Pilot. “The scene was planned to cause a stir in the audience, shifting focus away from Leia’s image as the contentious rebel leader and towards her allure as a woman,” the site explains.

Lucas even requested that Fisher lose weight to wear the bikini, according to Fisher’s audio commentary for Return of the Jedi. “He showed me to frighten me into exercise, I think. He succeeded,” she joked, though in reality, she was actually instructed to work on tightening her abs so “there would be no folds or wrinkles when she sat in front of Jabba.”

A vocal feminist, Fisher went along with the humiliating scene in spite of her hesitation. After all, she would eventually break out of the shackles and kill her tormentor, which made for sweet revenge. “What redeems it is I get to kill him, which was so enjoyable … I sawed his neck off with that chain that I killed him with. I really relished that because I hated wearing that outfit and sitting there rigid straight, and I couldn’t wait to kill him,” she told People.

Are we to simply remain silent with such oppression of women who star in billion dollar block busters like Star Wars?
  13. Germany
    Moves
    28 Dec '16 18:01
    Turns out George Lucas was the biggest jerk.

“When [director George Lucas] showed me the outfit, I thought he was kidding and it made me very nervous,” she once told People, adding that she was “nearly naked, which is not a style choice for me. It wasn’t my choice.” Lucas actually helped design the metal garment, according to Movie Pilot. “The scene was pl ...[text shortened]... in silent with such oppression of women who star in billion dollar block busters like Star Wars?
    What do the Kardashians think about all this?
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    28 Dec '16 19:18
    Originally posted by KazetNagorra
    What do the Kardashians think about all this?
    They probably use facebook which isn't newsworthy.
  15. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    28 Dec '16 19:35
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    They probably use facebook which isn't newsworthy.
    I know I only trust MSMBC Heehaw and Brian Williams.