Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    03 Dec '17 07:44 / 2 edits
    Originally posted by @zahlanzi
    going against a reasonable thought just because the owner is whodey is intellectual weakness. dishonesty.

be fair. term limits is what is normal, not having that senile incompetent orrin hatch (and whoever else) be in office for 30+ years.

with term limits you might actually have senators do their jobs instead of being bought by the wealthy.
    Taking whodey's side is what is morally bereft.

Are you sure he got the story straight? He rarely does.

Remember, if you have mandatory term limits, good politicians, and the people they represent, lose. The winners are those who can put up the most political clones who are paid off to represent billionaires, just like all the ones who just passed this disgusting tax bill.
  2. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    03 Dec '17 08:00
    Originally posted by @whodey
    Do you think it possible that both "R"'s and "D"s will support term limits for Congress?

Even if they do, you still have the problem of Congress passing such measures. That's why I have called for evoking the Article V movement to have the states do it for them

After all, how likely is it that Congress will limit their own personal power? They had no ...[text shortened]... iting corruption as the reason it was necessary. No, apparently they have no such issues. LOL.
    And, AGAIN, you are shown to be hiding your true motive, this crap Article V thing, behind a somewhat popular idea like "term limits".

The only reason it's popular is because it seems an automatic (i.e. they don't have to pay attention to candidates and decide for themselves if they are good or bad) way to get rid of the ones they don't like. What people don't get is that it also removes those representatives who are doing good work and standing up to the billionaires and their desire to increase the wage gap. Term limits guarantees a "reset" every few years, and those who finance the most candidates (Republican billionaires) get their policies advanced. Most Democrats run a grass roots campaign with far less financial support, simply because they represent real people, who don't have a lot of disposable cash to donate to political campaigns. "Term limits" is just code for let's get as many Republicans elected as possible. Just like this horrible tax bill just passed, this is exactly the wrong way to go for this government that is supposed to be by, for and of "We the People". It's NOT by, for and of "We the Corporations", but it is becoming that way. Term limits only hurries this process along.
  3. 04 Dec '17 17:11 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    And, AGAIN, you are shown to be hiding your true motive, this crap Article V thing, behind a somewhat popular idea like "term limits".

The only reason it's popular is because it seems an automatic (i.e. they don't have to pay attention to candidates and decide for themselves if they are good or bad) way to get rid of the ones they don't like. What pe ...[text shortened]... We the Corporations", but it is becoming that way. Term limits only hurries this process along.
    Around 80% of Americans want term limits, probably higher now.

I thought you favored democracy Suzy.
  4. 04 Dec '17 17:12
    Originally posted by @suzianne
    Taking whodey's side is what is morally bereft.

Are you sure he got the story straight? He rarely does.

Remember, if you have mandatory term limits, good politicians, and the people they represent, lose. The winners are those who can put up the most political clones who are paid off to represent billionaires, just like all the ones who just passed this disgusting tax bill.
    Why not post something with some facts or a coherent opposition to my thoughts instead of bashing me.

But then, what would you ever post?

Never mind. Carry on.
  5. 06 Dec '17 13:06 / 4 edits
    Well it looks like Congressman Conyers is going to step down. Yay.

At the age of 203, 200 of those years spent in the halls of Congress, he has finally decided to step down after sexual allegations were made public.

What I don't understand is who rated him out? I mean, these women were paid well for their silence so long as they took the pay out, which they did. Can he sue?

Naturally, the aristocrat Conyers is appointing his son to take his place, who will also spend another 200 years in the same role. Meanwhile, Congressmen Conyers will enjoy the best health care known to man with a lavish tax payer funder retirement.

Crime really does pay. Who knew?

And yes, I know, Conyers is black, which makes me a racist.

Thanks for that.
  6. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    07 Dec '17 07:29
    Why not post something with some facts or a coherent opposition to my thoughts instead of bashing me.

But then, what would you ever post?

Never mind. Carry on.
    Or you could actually read the posts which disagree with you, you know, to get some idea of what they're talking about.

But why do that when it's just easier to re-publish your own hate-filled lies?
  7. Subscriber Suzianne
    Misfit Queen
    07 Dec '17 08:57
    Around 80% of Americans want term limits, probably higher now.

I thought you favored democracy Suzy.
    I love democracy.

Only not your democracy, where the only "voice of reason" is your own.

I explained why term limits is popular, it's a lazy tool for a lazy voter. Ideal for Republicans.

And it is not 80%. The number most bandied about every time this grabs someone's attention is 75%. Americans seem to love having others do their thinking for them.
  8. 07 Dec '17 18:33
    Originally posted by @suzianne to Whodey
    I love democracy.

Only not your democracy, where the only "voice of reason" is your own.

I explained why term limits is popular, it's a lazy tool for a lazy voter. Ideal for Republicans.

And it is not 80%. The number most bandied about every time this grabs someone's attention is 75%. Americans seem to love having others do their thinking for them.
    "I love democracy."
    --Suzianne

It seems to me that, in the extremely politically partisan USA today, most Americans
    truly 'love democracy' only when their preferred politicians or party wins.