Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 23 Jan '10 20:56
    Thread 124988, MLK on Vietnam:

Originally posted by zeeblebot
    if he hadn't been assassinated, still zero?

let's use age as a weighting factor in charisma, and use charisma as a weighting factor in election results.

apparent/relative age and charisma are subjective, so only actual age is listed below.

age at death in 1968, 39

age at election years, opponents, and their ages

1968 39 Nixon (55) Humphrey (57)
    1972 43 Nixon (59) McGovern (50)
    1976 47 Carter (52) Ford (63)
    1980 51 Reagan (69) Carter (56)
    1984 55 Reagan (73) Mondale (56)
    1988 59 Bush (64) Dukakis (55)
    1992 63 Clinton (46) Bush (68)
    1996 67 Clinton (50) Dole (73)
    2000 71 Bush (54) Gore (52)
    2004 75 Bush (58) Kerry (61)
    2008 79 Obama (47) McCain (72)

what the heck!?! McGovern's still alive!!!
  2. Standard member adam warlock
    Baby Gauss
    23 Jan '10 22:07
    No.
  3. 24 Jan '10 00:47 / 1 edit
    MLK would've hated the job of president.
  4. Standard member sh76
    Civis Americanus Sum
    24 Jan '10 00:56

[b]if he hadn't been assassinated, still zero?

let's use age as a weighting factor in charisma, and use charisma as a weighting factor in election results.

apparent/relative age and charisma are subjective, so only actual age is listed below.

age at death in 196 ...[text shortened]... ry (61)

[/b]
    Not a snowball's chance in Miami in July.
  5. 24 Jan '10 03:16 / 1 edit
    we had a black president in the 19th century although for the life of me i cannot recall the name. one of his grandparents was a negro so under the blood view of what makes a black american he had enough black blood to be a negro american.
    he looked white but was in fact partially colored. i just cannot remember who it was. i do recollect it was not a major president. when and if i remember i will post it.
  6. 24 Jan '10 03:17
    Originally posted by reinfeld
    we had a black president in the 19th century although for the life of me i cannot recall the name. one of his grandparents was a negro so under the blood view of what makes a black american he had enough black blood to be a negro american.
    he looked white but was in fact partially colored. i just cannot remember who it was. i do recollect it was not a major president. when and if i remember i will post it.
    Urban legend, not true.
  7. 24 Jan '10 03:21
    here:

"According to J.A. Rogers, there are five, Thomas Jefferson, Calvin Coolidge, Andrew Jackson, Warren G. Harding, and Abraham Lincoln, as chronicled in his book Five Negro Presidents. Dr. Leroy Vaughn, makes the same case in his book, Black People and Their Place in World History. Auset Bakhufu adds Dwight Eisenhower to the list in his book, Six Black Presidents: Black Blood : White Masks. It seems that even in their day, there was controversy over the ancestry of these Presidents. Harding did not deny his African ancestry when Republican leaders called on him to deny his "Negro" history, he said, "How should I know whether or not one of my ancestors might have jumped the fence." Some today feel that African ancestry does not make these men black. However, the one-drop rule, a historical colloquial term used in the United States during the Jim Crow era, holds that a person with one drop or any trace of sub-Saharan ancestry (however small or invisible) cannot be considered white, and therefore must be considered black. So, by this estimation, America has indeed had black Presidents. "

( you can trust reinfeld to set you on the path to enlightment..)
  8. 24 Jan '10 03:23
    who here at redhotpawn is black ?
  9. 24 Jan '10 03:34 / 2 edits
    here:

"According to J.A. Rogers, there are five, Thomas Jefferson, Calvin Coolidge, Andrew Jackson, Warren G. Harding, and Abraham Lincoln, as chronicled in his book Five Negro Presidents. Dr. Leroy Vaughn, makes the same case in his book, Black People and Their Place in World History. Auset Bakhufu adds Dwight Eisenhower to the list in his book, Six Bla d black Presidents. "

Yeah I googled and got the same reference. Roger's work is criticized as being very weak speculation with no facts. His claims were ignored by everyone and never taken seriously. That's why no one has ever heard of his book.
  10. 24 Jan '10 03:57
    here:

"According to J.A. Rogers, there are five, Thomas Jefferson, Calvin Coolidge, Andrew Jackson, Warren G. Harding, and Abraham Lincoln, as chronicled in his book Five Negro Presidents. Dr. Leroy Vaughn, makes the same case in his book, Black People and Their Place in World History. Auset Bakhufu adds Dwight Eisenhower to the list in his book, Six Bla ...[text shortened]... d black Presidents. "

LMAO!!!!
  11. 24 Jan '10 04:44
    Originally posted by utherpendragon
    LMAO!!!!
    The path to enlightment is to believe everything renfield tells you to read. If it's in print it must be true.
  12. 24 Jan '10 05:10

[b]if he hadn't been assassinated, still zero?

age at death in 196 ...[text shortened]... ry (61)

[/b]
    In the immortal words of Harry Reid MLK was not a light enough skinned negro to have won.
  13. 25 Jan '10 01:20
    who here at redhotpawn is black ?
    kirksey. dr. scribbles.
  14. 25 Jan '10 16:20
    One of the few American politicians generally admired in the UK within recent years was Condeleeza Rice.
  15. 25 Jan '10 16:23
    kirksey. dr. scribbles.
    You are wrong about Kirksey. Where has that joyous fool been lately?