Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Debates Forum

Debates Forum

1. 26 Sep '13 06:54 / 1 edit
    http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323665504579033220194883160.html

"...Republicans talk almost exclusively about what they don't want, without putting forward their own proposals for repair."

"The GOP must supplement that warning by offering clear directions for a better route to American revival. "
  2. 26 Sep '13 11:49 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by JS357

"...Republicans talk almost exclusively about what they don't want, without putting forward their own proposals for repair."

"The GOP must supplement that warning by offering clear directions for a better route to American revival. "
    It depends on what their goal is. If there goal is to use the conservative label, something that makes me cringe, and demonize the term "conservative, much like "W" did, then their job is to be a wrecking ball.

The GOP has done virtually nothing to reign in the size and scope of the US federal government, and I don't see anything changing. Even though they never curb the powers of the federal government, they keep the conservative label anyway. Those that have an orgasm when the Federal government expands in any way hate them and conservatives are fed up with their inability to effect any kind of meaningful change to restrict the federal government.

In the end, the debt ceiling will be raised and Obamacare will be the law of the land, so will the destruction of the GOP matter? It won't matter to me. I prefer the clarity of a one party system verses the illusion of an opposition party.
  3. Donation rwingettonline
    Ming the Merciless
    26 Sep '13 14:33
    Originally posted by whodey
    It depends on what their goal is. If there goal is to use the conservative label...
    How could you use 'their' correctly in one sentence and immediately turn around and use it incorrectly in the next? Especially since they're both referring to the same thing - 'their goal'. Both instances should have been 'their'.
  4. 26 Sep '13 14:36
    Originally posted by rwingett
    How could you use 'their' correctly in one sentence and immediately turn around and use it incorrectly in the next? Especially since they're both referring to the same thing - 'their goal'. Both instances should have been 'their'.
    Good thing we have the Spelling Nazis here to protect us on internet boards.
  5. 26 Sep '13 14:38

The only way the GOP self-destructs is if it doesn't get rid of the Republicans who are controlled by big money.

Of course if the Democrat voters knew that their representatives are no better than the Republican puppets neither party would be in power.
  6. 26 Sep '13 14:54
    Originally posted by Eladar
    The only way the GOP self-destructs is if it doesn't get rid of the Republicans who are controlled by big money.

Of course if the Democrat voters knew that their representatives are no better than the Republican puppets neither party would be in power.
    so sound like an anarchist.
  7. 26 Sep '13 15:01
    next thing you know he is gonna be telling you are illiterate and you put commas where they don't belong.
  8. 26 Sep '13 15:26
    Aint you got no sense boy!!! Cant ya spell?
  9. 26 Sep '13 15:36
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Most people (especially those with lackluster intellectual development), when writing text, don't consider grammar at all, but think of how they say the word and then try to match the written word to the pronunciation.
  10. 26 Sep '13 15:36
    Originally posted by whodey
    It depends on what their goal is. If there goal is to use the conservative label, something that makes me cringe, and demonize the term "conservative, much like "W" did, then their job is to be a wrecking ball.

The GOP has done virtually nothing to reign in the size and scope of the US federal government, and I don't see anything changing. Even though th ...[text shortened]... r to me. I prefer the clarity of a one party system verses the illusion of an opposition party.
    "...Obamacare will be the law of the land..."

It is now.
  11. 26 Sep '13 15:43
    "...Obamacare will be the law of the land..."

It is now.
    Laws change.

You act as if it is written in stone.

Law of the land talk is pathetic and is only used by people who believe that something forced down our throats by Democrats must remain. It will only remain if our government is so corrupt that the will of the people is totally ignored.

Now that I think about it, it will probably stay.
  12. 26 Sep '13 15:58
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    so sound like an anarchist.
    Wow, you think that if you believe the government that is in place is corrupt that you are an anarchist? I disagree. I call standing up for what's right patriotic and American.

Know the society in which you were raised I can see how questioning your Lords would be considered evil and get labeled something like anarchist.
  13. Subscriber Sleepyguy
    Reepy Rastardly Guy
    26 Sep '13 16:06

The GOP sucks. True true true.

But the Dems are inflicting damage on themselves too, are they not?

Obamacare has been inflicting real pain on Americans, and is poised to inflict more as the individual mandate kicks in, and all the technical problems with the exchanges become evident. Obama's approval is under water on every issue as he's proven himself inept in every regard.
  14. 26 Sep '13 17:17
    Laws change.

You act as if it is written in stone.

Law of the land talk is pathetic and is only used by people who believe that something forced down our throats by Democrats must remain. It will only remain if our government is so corrupt that the will of the people is totally ignored.

Now that I think about it, it will probably stay.
    "You act as if it is written in stone. "

I know laws change. That's how we got Obamacare, right?
  15. 26 Sep '13 17:22
    "You act as if it is written in stone. "

I know laws change. That's how we got Obamacare, right?
    Yes it is. When the Dems had control of both houses and the Pres they pushed through legislation so fast that they didn't even know what was in it.

I can't understand how people like you can be so blind.